Baron Mordo Casting/Speculation Thread

^

Two thumbs up! :funny:

(Yes, obviously! My thumbs are each named for Ebert and Siskel.)

Alan Rickman as Baron Mordo.

10846317_1008536159162956_1710432952410810680_n.jpg

Too old now. That pic above is decades old, he should be closer in age to cumby i think. Also, voice and natural inflection is too similar as well.

Rickman as the Ancient One on the other hand....
one could see why he would chose Cumberstrange as his successor, it would work brillantly.
(if they decide to whitewash the character which I would normally oppose, Rickman being the only exception since both Cushing and Price are dead)

Last edited:
I'm now all for Mads Mikkelsen being cast as Baron Mordo. Mikkelsen was the first person I wanted to play Strange, so now that Strange is cast of course I want him for Strange's dark mirror image.

Though I also think it'd be fun if they cast Johnny Lee Miller in the role. :)

I'm not all for anyone. I do want someone that naturally exudes darkness and menace though.

You know who would be interesting? Willem dafoe.

With Cumby taking the top spot how about Phoenix?

Phoenix as Mordo would be great. He wouldn't have to do multiple movies, though I think all the CGI heavy scenes would turn him off from accepting.

There was a recent report that Al Pacino has met with Marvel about a possible role. I think that he could make for a good Mordo. An older and more bitter Mordo. Maybe he was an ex-student of TAO who had studied under him for decades, only to have Strange come along and (relatively) quickly "steal" the title that he had worked so long and hard for. And this leads to him "falling" so to speak. It could be interesting.

There was a recent report that Al Pacino has met with Marvel about a possible role. I think that he could make for a good Mordo. An older and more bitter Mordo. Maybe he was an ex-student of TAO who had studied under him for decades, only to have Strange come along and (relatively) quickly "steal" the title that he had worked so long and hard for. And this leads to him "falling" so to speak. It could be interesting.

Yes, that's what I envision for Mordo if played by Pacino. Or, he could still be a longtime "warrior" or student who grows bitter when Strange seeks out his training.

Either way, I'd be drooling with anticipation to watch a scene with Cumberbatch and Pacino going at each other with magic. Could you even imagine… :hubba

Yes, he was part of some of the worst scenes in TAS-M2, but... What about Marton Csokas? He was wince inducing as "Doctor Kafka", but he was on point as the villain in THE EQUALIZER.

I would want Tom Hardy as Baron Mordo

Hardy is in Suicide Squad so I doubt that will happen.

Side note... I wish Rickman would grow his beard back. He looks so much more badass with it.

Joel Edgerton then would be my next pick as Baron Mordo

I'm surprised that we still haven't gotten just a few rumors of whom Marvel may be considering for Mordo.

FWIW, Colin Farrel, Edgar Ramirez, and Joaquin Phoenix would be my current choices.

I'm surprised that we still haven't gotten just a few rumors of whom Marvel may be considering for Mordo.

FWIW, Colin Farrel, Edgar Ramirez, and Joaquin Phoenix would be my current choices.
February earliest, May most probable

Last edited:
Guess Hardy is on the table again, now. Ha.

Any idea who Daniel Bruhl is playing in Civil War and Doctor Strange? Mordo would be a good fit.

Any idea who Daniel Bruhl is playing in Civil War and Doctor Strange? Mordo would be a good fit.
I really think that wever started the rumor that Brühl will be part of Doctor Strange just mixed up his Barons. Brühl is very likely playing Baron Zemo in Cap 3

Shahrukh Khan as Mordo is something I'd pay to see

I'd like to see that happen. It will be a gold mine for Marvel in terms of reaching out to the Indian market. :up:

Some people forget, the guy has range. He can do serious, compelling and comedy, which is guy he is the biggest name in Bollywood.

Seeing him opposite Cumberbatch would be cool to see, since it would be the first Bollywood/Hollywood superhero crossover movie. :applaud

I think Marvel should take advantage of that. :shr:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"