Barry Allen? outruns Marvel Universe (maybe)

Yeah you didn't know about this...it was a tribute to Flash's demise.
 
Yeah, I'm sorry, but that really is old. The issues in case do infact rock though. Would love to see Fastfoward again.
 
Harlekin said:
Yeah, I'm sorry, but that really is old. The issues in case do infact rock though. Would love to see Fastfoward again.

I knew about it and read it at the time, being really old doesn't not make it interesting to othErs who are not as old, does it?

Roughneck said:

No. I guess it doesn't

- Whirly
 
I totally get that, it just seemed a rather random topic.
 
TheCorpulent1 said:
Isn't this basically common knowledge already?

Only to those of us in the know.
 
Well yeah, I meant among the fairly small group of people who even knows who Quasar is.
 
TheCorpulent1 said:
Well yeah, I meant among the fairly small group of people who even knows who Quasar is.

I'm not wanting to be offensive guys but elitism on comics forums is a little bit silly. Particularly when you come off as anti-dissemination.

- Whirly
 
You should leave now if you're not prepared for elitism. It's rampant around here. The less important in the grand scheme of things an obsession is, the more those obsessed become elitist about it, I've found.

Anyway, I wasn't being elitist, I was asking a question. I figured if you'd heard of Quasar, who's pretty obscure even to those who read comics, you'd probably have known about arguably the most well-known arc in his comic. Plus it's on that Those Who Ride the Lightning site, which is pretty well-known among comic fans.
 
TheCorpulent1 said:
You should leave now if you're not prepared for elitism. It's rampant around here. The less important in the grand scheme of things an obsession is, the more those obsessed become elitist about it, I've found.

Anyway, I wasn't being elitist, I was asking a question. I figured if you'd heard of Quasar, who's pretty obscure even to those who read comics, you'd probably have known about arguably the most well-known arc in his comic. Plus it's on that Those Who Ride the Lightning site, which is pretty well-known among comic fans.

I obviously know who Quasar is I have his appearences from pre project pegasus days and yes I was aware of this as I stated earlier, I thought it was a nice bit of trivia for others and as you all seem to agree most people did not read Quasars solo comic.

As for an unknown hmmm I'm not so sure, he was an Avenger for quite a while. That aside I think elitism is a little bit silly and shared information and mutaul support in hobbies is better. That said i'm old and I don't enjoy trying to get one up on people i'm unlikely to ever meet on an internet comics forum.

- Whirly
 
TheCorpulent1 said:
Isn't this basically common knowledge already?
eh, I know about this, and I'd expected you and DBM to too, along with guyver, x, etc., but I think of this particular factoid as common knowledge amongst uber-geeks, but not run-of-the-mill geeks
 
I didn't know about this.

That's awfully decent of Marvel to have given tribute to Barry Allen.
 
Cool....I never knew the full story of Buried Allen, although I had heard of him. It's really awesome.
 
i gained so much respect for marvel for doing that

now i have to find that issue at the con next month
 
I dislike quasar for the more or less obvious superficial reasons. I have a few older avengers issues with him in it and some from his series. Then again I was a kid actually and he didn't appeal to me.
 
I'm a fan of Quasar and this was the first I'd heard of that arc.....though I have heard of The Runner before. He's done **** othert than this right?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
200,786
Messages
21,812,559
Members
45,626
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
Top
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"