Bat Fight/STUNT CHOREOGRAPHY THREAD

Discussion in 'The Batman' started by Invader Joker, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Invader Joker

Invader Joker Registered

So. How would you guys like the fight scenes in The Batman to look like? Who would you like as the fight choregrapher?

I honestly would not mind Reeves hiring Guillermo Grispo and Damon Caro from BvS again.
    Say what you say about that movie, but that warehouse fight was awesome. It had its things like Batman killing, but with Matt Reeves direction that can easily be solved.

I'd also like Philip J. Silvera, who worked on the iconic hallway fight scenes from the first two seasons of Daredevil:

Or David Conk/Eric Linden, who worked in Punisher Season 2.

#1 Invader Joker, Jul 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
    Rocanrol likes this.
  2. TMP98

TMP98 Registered

No-one whose done superhero stuff before. Maybe the guys who did Warrior or The Raid?

3. Mani-Man

Mani-Man Registered

Yeah thats my thing too...i want see new people that give the fights a complete unique style.
    But i think its incredible hard to get the fighting right, especially in batman.
    Yeah you could look at the arkham games for example but its hard.

I would give the BvS guys a chance because the warehouse fight is awesome...with more direction and all i think they could nail it.

But overall i would be for new blood on this.

TMP98 likes this.
  4. Boom

Boom I got nothin'

I know pretty much every superhero fan wants this, but get the teams behind The Raid or the John Wick films.

5. Rocanrol

Rocanrol Psiconautiq

I think the problem is finding an actor willing to put that much training and effort into choreographies. The warehouse scene in BvS and highway scene in CA:WS are the best fighting scenes in all cbm. Every other one is over-lacking, stiff or plainly bad.

6. Invader Joker

Invader Joker Registered

The Raid fight choreographer pretty much only choreographs films where he's one of the leading actors because he's the only one that can do those movements.

7. Gothamsknight

Gothamsknight Registered

The Daredevil fight style for this would be amazing

C Prometheus likes this.
  8. Shamik121804

Shamik121804 Registered

Now that I think about it, I'm actually a little surprised that we haven't seen a Batman fight scene utilizing some elements of Wing Chung and Jeet Kune Do. I'd love to see some trapping and parrying. Some throat shots. I think it should be quick, purposeful movements. Never stopping. Never even slowing down, really. As he's striking one person, he's blocking another. Or elbow striking someone behind when loading to punch the one in front of him.
    If you're not familiar with some of the terms above, take a few minutes to watch this video.

TheGuy likes this.
  9. TheGuy

TheGuy believe

I agree with all these entirely.