The Dark Knight Rises Batgirl/Barbara Gordon casting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, keep in mind when I made this thread in January 2003, it was before Nolan was director (by like a couple of months) and none of us were a 100% sure what the status of a Batman movie, if any was going to be ( a restart, prequel, origin or part 5 of the series), so I put this thread with that uncertainty to it. Now its just hyptothetical as in, if there was a part 5 who would you cast

SMG actually looks like the character from Batman TAS.

zanos said:
SMG would be great, but she's almost the same age as Bale:down

Is it just me or is the Batman board dying more and more every day...

Wasn't Barbara That Toddler In The High Chair Inside Gordons Apartment In Batman Begins? (you Only See Her For A Second) Yeah I Really Think When The Sidekick Squad Is Introduced They Shouldn't Be To Young But Definitely Not As Old As Some Of The Suggested People.

WATCHMAN86 said:
Wasn't Barbara That Toddler In The High Chair Inside Gordons Apartment In Batman Begins? (you Only See Her For A Second) Yeah I Really Think When The Sidekick Squad Is Introduced They Shouldn't Be To Young But Definitely Not As Old As Some Of The Suggested People.

No, that's James Gordon Jr., Gordon's son with his first wife, Barbara Gordon.

Babs was his neice that lived in Chicago that he adopted, and later found out was his biological daughter (he had an affair with his brother's wife, Babs's mother).

I think it'd be cool to have a cameo by Babs Gordon in the sequel. Perhaps we could have a scene with Harvey Dent and Gordon at Gordon's house, to discuss a case or something, and Babs is visiting from Chicago or something and we just see a red-headed girl in the background or something.

Ronny Shade said:
It's on life support.

Well the movie has come out and the sequel isnt coming for a while so its gonna be quiet but I would think its doing pretty well with the Joker/Dent rumours

I agree. But the normal Batman Begins board is dead as ever. The Batman 2 board is still pretty active.

Well....kinda would be, but man people were poppin bottles and partying hard for like 6 months hard after it's release it seemed

I would love it if WB would release something for us to talk about. Or at least tell us who's playing the Joker, so discussion about that can end. The Batman boards are getting stale with pretty much nothing but Joker talk.

But that's the hot role right now, so the speculation is what gotta run with

But I remember when there was ZERO certainty on what exactly the next batman movie was gonna be (when this thread was orginally made) and we had a lot of topics to talk about.

Get creative guys! lol

Hey, wouldn't Gordon's Brother (and neice) be in town for Christmas... that way, if the A Joker Christmas is thrown into the mix, everyone but The Commish and Barbara can get killed and Barbara will be right there in Gotham to stay... cool stuff...

Scarlett Johansson
scarlett-johansson-sm.jpg

Keira Knightley
KeiraKnightley_300x298.jpg

Emmy Rossum
emmyrossum.jpg

Natalie Portman
np1index.jpg

Elisha Cuthbert
elisha-cuthbert2.jpg

Bryce Dallas Howard
images598573_BryceDallasHoward.jpg

zanos said:

That's why back in the day when this thread first started and people were unsure if it was gonna be a restart or part 5 I said she could play Batgirl but whatever...

Lacey Chabert
The Scoundrel's Wife
laceychabert3at.jpg

Anne Hathaway
Havoc
066gx14of.jpg

Lindsay Lohan
A Prairie Home Companion
lindsaylohansn0056pq.jpg

Elisha Cuthbert
4.jpg

Rachel McAdams