'Batgirl' movie? - Part 1

Discussion in 'DC Comics Films' started by Thread Manager, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Frodo Registered

Only problem is is that Dafoe is already Vulko in the Aquaman films.
    [​IMG]

The Lazarus Pit likes this.
  2. Mani-Man I just found out about this (he/him)

I assume Aquaman just like Wonder Woman runs on its own universe, completely seperated from anything.
    Would be a crime to never have Dafoe in any kind of way be DCs Joker...that man is for so long a fancasting dream and more than once has shown he could pull it off.

There is no way...i dont think this is even in the realm of possibility.
    He is president of Marvel Studios right? And Creatively involved in all the sub studios etc...also i dont think he knows as much about DC as he knows about Marvel.

But more importantly, i dont really want him at WB.
    I personally like the uniqueness of what WB does currently, i dont want Marvelfy it.

If they really want someone as the head of some kind of DC studio that overlooks all projects...get Jim Lee.
    I would be all for something like this, for sure.
    A bit more plan and idea would be neat.

Yeah, i dont see them alone Money wise be willing to pay enough for Feige to leave Marvel.
    Of course the merging opens a lot of possibilites, but i doubt it will change enough to give us the "Feige leaves Disney for WB" headline in the near future.

3. Erzengel |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Especially a universe that's already 10 movies in with another 3-4 movies at various stages of filming. Okay, now fix it.

4. Babillygunn New Age Outlaw

Yeah, I’d love to see a number of guys in a Feige role at WB. I could see Jim Lee, Marv Wolfman or (my personal preferences) either Mark Waid or Peter Tomasi.

5. Pennywise Registered

6. Gothamsknight A Dark Knight

7. Mani-Man I just found out about this (he/him)

See, that doesnt Look so Bad at all.
    Im still saying the lightning, camera and angle did the suit no favors, but on Set this looks far better imo.

8. The Shape In the shadows

Looks good to me. The whole concept of this being set in a Keaton Bat-verse is strange to me, but willing to see how it plays out.

9. DocLathropBrown If adventure has a name...

Apparently it's a rejiggered DCEU,

one where either parts of Keaton's films or both in their entirety are now part of the universe's backstory. Some of the set dressing refers to events of BvS and Vicki Vale/the Flugelheim art museum from '89.

10. Comicbookguy339 Registered

Yeah, it actually looks a lot better here.

Frodo likes this.
  11. Lily Adler Politically Delicious (P) (she/her/hers)

Crispin Glover may need work. :o

12. MadVillainy C'mon Son

I don't think they should get a comics person and try and turn them to a films person. Get a film producer who loves or at least respects the source material is the better way to go

13. Babillygunn New Age Outlaw

I pick Tomasi because he wrote the screenplay for the animated Death of Superman, which, in my opinion, may be the best Superman film ever made. So he isn’t without experience with film altogether.

Admittedly, I may be swinging the pendulum too significantly, but after the Snyder films, I really want someone who understands, values, and generally loves the characters, rather than someone who wants to shape them into something that they aren’t, just to fit his or her narrative.

Mani-Man likes this.
  14. Babillygunn New Age Outlaw

You could always just CGI his face onto another actor’s body and then not have to pay Crispin Glover.

He’d be cool with that, don’t you think?

But seriously though. These set picks really deliver a fun aesthetic. I like what I see so far

15. TheFuture Valar Dohaeris

I think directors and writers need to think outside the box when it comes to the genre and not just simply adapt the bios of these characters, as that's what leads potentially to a great film.

Putting Snyder out of the debate, that's what Nolan did and he delivered a trilogy for the ages by doing so. Kevin Feige also has this down to a fine art where he respects the source but also makes tweaks here and there that can deliver dividends.

By all means we must capture the essence of a character, but at the same time shouldn't be bound to it. If that was the mentality we'd all just be happy with Lego films. The reality is that we want more and to see the GA embrace the characters that we love. That takes hard graft.

16. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

. . .its not like I couldn't see the Keaton version of Batman, on a bad day, going psycho, using his car to murder every mook in his path, and trying to kill Superman. *ahem*

17. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Oh, and while the director's social media statements are utter nonsense ( if you don't want people judging your work based on one still picture, don't release one still picture ), honestly, the costume looks fine to me. Like, I mildly hate the idea of a Batgirl movie ( because of Oracle erasure ), but if you have to do Batgirl, this costume looks pretty much spot on for "Identifiable as Batgirl, and distinct from just a copy of the Batman costume". Attacks against it as "Looks CW" are laughable, since frankly a lot of the CW costumes look *better* than their movie equivalents ( *coughFlashcough* ).

18. Lily Adler Politically Delicious (P) (she/her/hers)

Well I was just suggesting him in that he needs the money. :hehe: That and he was a super popular pick before Ledger was cast in TDK.

19. signalman Registered

Scorpio likes this.
  20. super85 Registered

Would make sense. It's hard these days to figure out what are scoops, and what are guesses by these sites/yt channels.

21. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Its best to just treat them *all* as false until actual evidence arrives. Especially given how many of them are effectively carnival hucksterism, with vague claims and plenty of outs.

22. fan4stic Registered

I don't see it as really fine art.

Babillygunn likes this.
  23. Detective Conan Registered

24. geetard Rebirth

25. Mani-Man I just found out about this (he/him)

This movie slowly but steady rises in my Interest with every day.