Batgirl 'Batgirl' movie? - Part 1

Wasn't Mad Max: Fury Road distributed by WB? It seems like, yes, WB and other production companies may not be perfect yet with its female leads. However, to single WB out or accuse it of having a memorable history of shaming for this one particular failing, when their film releases suggest otherwise, seems unnecessarily harsh and blatantly false.

It just hit me, Hailee Steinfeld is perfect for Batgirl. She is a perfect fit for the Barbara/Batgirl that WB is looking for. If WB looking at a 'Kristen Stewart' prototype then Hailee is a very good match. http://www.vulture.com/2017/03/olivier-assayas-on-kristen-stewarts-punk-rock-energy.html

In real life, Kristen is an actress that fashion houses clamor to style, but there’s this interesting tension when she wears their expensive dresses because you know there’s a part of her that would rather put on a hoodie and tennis shoes. Yeah, and you see it. You feel it, you sense it. The character is inspired by her because she has this androgyny, a masculine and feminine side, and she’s completely herself and comfortable on both sides. I think that’s part of what makes her fairly unique because, as you say, she’s this fashion muse but she’s also a rebel. There is something genuinely rebellious about Kristen. She has this kind of punk-rock energy to her.

I think Hailee has a lot of the same qualities that matches Kristen's description from that excerpt.

Just dye her hair red & we're set
giphy.webp

Last edited:
Can't go wrong with Hailee. :hrt:

She's insanely talented and any movie would be lucky to have her. She would make a wonderful Babs!

Also, she wants the role:

[YT]GDIigAS0D6k[/YT]

Hailee Steinfeld could be a great Babs. Certainly better than Kristen Stewart at any rate, lol.

I'll watch Hailee in anything.

Jena Malone's my Kristen Stewart-esque pick. Granted, a lot depends on what age range they're going for.

It just hit me, Hailee Steinfeld is perfect for Batgirl. She is a perfect fit for the Barbara/Batgirl that WB is looking for. If WB looking at a 'Kristen Stewart' prototype then Hailee is a very good match. http://www.vulture.com/2017/03/olivier-assayas-on-kristen-stewarts-punk-rock-energy.html

I think Hailee has a lot of the same qualities that matches Kristen's description from that excerpt.

Just dye her hair red & we're set
giphy.webp

I desperately want Hailee to land either Batgirl or Supergirl. She’d crush it in either role.

While I can acknowledge she's a good actress, Jena Malone just has a very unlikable screen presence to me. Which works wonders when she's playing characters who are meant to be like that, but as a main hero? She wouldn't be my choice.

Hailee Steinfeld would be a solid choice.

Not my first pick, but I could go for Hailee as a young Barbara.

How does it fit in with the Snyder cut?

I'd personally like to see Katherine McNamara as Babs. She has the red hair, a good look, she's has a good personality for her and she dressed as Batgirl. Oh, and not to mention this https://www.instagram.com/p/BmbjRYLFZCM/?taken-by=kat.mcnamara and not only is she fighting, but her shirt.

katherine-mcnamara-1.jpg

Please let her be Batgirl.

Last edited:
Also, someone else who would be good is Annalise Basso, she also has a good look and personality. She even said Batgirl is her dream role and said she would love to play her.

She posted this along with it.

N6S6h1o.jpg

She's also super great, I want one these two.

Last edited:
Dear agent mam or sir,

I know you think both of your clients are good actresses, but no thanks fam.

That's still canon, no?

I think they're saying it's not really relevant. Nobody in the audience is gonna be confused because Batgirl is played by the same actress who played a bit character in a deleted scene they likely didn't even watch.

My pick is Hailee though. Good call on whoever first brought her up.

I think they're saying it's not really relevant. Nobody in the audience is gonna be confused because Batgirl is played by the same actress who played a bit character in a deleted scene they likely didn't even watch.

My pick is Hailee though. Good call on whoever first brought her up.

Even so, that most likely takes her out of the running. Malone would’ve been a good Batgirl for Affleck’s Batman, I was bummed when we found out she wasn’t playing Barbara in BVS.

I do think Batgirl should be cast with our new Batman in mind. If they’re going with a Batman in his late 20s to early 30s, Id like a Batgirl in her late teens to early 20s. Steinfeld would work well for that.

I’ve never seen Katherine McNamara in anything, but that video was impressively Batgirl.
So I looked her up and it turns out she graduated Summa *** Laude from Drexel University at age 17(!), and is going for a Masters degree from Johns Hopkins(!), which is very Barbara Gordon.
If she can act at all, her bio suggests that she would certainly identify with the character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"