Batman (1966) Vs. Daredevil (Netflix)

KRYPTON INC.

Incorporated Kryptonian
Reaction score
d8icct1-b5783157-e0fb-4972-b968-23244dd6e298.png

Or...

daredevil_netflix_poster_by_mrpacinohead_d8pew59-fullview.jpg

Because... It's about as dumb as most of the current crop of "Vs" threads.

Grant Gustin Flash is the best Flash. Even in the bad seasons. Which are not the ones you are thinking of. :p

Also, Batman 1966 takes it. You see, without the Batman TV show, there is a very good chance that Batman, the comics, would have died out, or at least lost all cultural relevance. No Batman, and I seriously doubt we would have ever gotten a Daredevil TV show ( or possibly a Daredevil comic! ).

I love them both, and Daredevil is one of the greatest iterations of any comic book character to come out in the last couple of decades.

That said Batman '66 holds a special place in my heart for being one of the purest interpretations of Batman. Its just lifted straight from the campy era of the Batman comics. The performances are wonderful. You could tell the cast were having a blast. Several of them are responsible for bringing a new level of respect and introducing little traits we associate with the characters.

Burgess Meredith came up with The Penguin's famous sqwaking laugh all because he wanted to cover up him coughing from smoking the cigarette holder. Frank Gorshin's Riddler made a one shot villain from 1948 into one of Batman's greatest villains. Julie Newmar really brought the sexy and flirtatious repartee we know between Catwoman and Batman. The '66 Batmobile is still one of the coolest versions of the car. Alan Napier was the perfect Alfred.....warm, caring, smart, tough, resourceful, and a gentleman's gentleman. Yvonne Craig's Batgirl showed that the girls can be just as badass as the boys as heroes. The chemistry between Ward and West is superb. When Batman calls Robin old chum you believe they are old chums.

Most random compare ever.

I vote for Daredevil but I still love Batman 66 so much.

Clearly Batman 66.

The writing, the Bat puns, the production values all overshadows anything from Daredevil.

And let’s not even get into the fight scenes for God’s sake, they had Bruce Lee!

Grant Gustin Flash is the best Flash. Even in the bad seasons. Which are not the ones you are thinking of. :p

Also, Batman 1966 takes it. You see, without the Batman TV show, there is a very good chance that Batman, the comics, would have died out, or at least lost all cultural relevance. No Batman, and I seriously doubt we would have ever gotten a Daredevil TV show ( or possibly a Daredevil comic! ).

Totally.

Alot of fans don't realize how the 66 show revived the Batman character and in alot of ways, and truly made Batman a pop culture icon.

Without Batman 66, there is no Batman 1989, which brought about the second wave of Batmania a generation later.

For me, it's Daredevil. It's a shame they'll probably reboot it again.

I respect the Adam West Batman and can acknowledge that it's an excellent adaption of that campy era of Batman before Frank Miller. But it's really just not for me personally.

These are so different in what they are trying to do that I find it really hard to compare them.

Because... It's about as dumb as most of the current crop of "Vs" threads.
I was wondering if this is what inspired this and the bunch of threads you started here.
Since this stuff is fun to take part in, I'll just thank you and answer Batman 1966,

cause it is more challenging to make something as absurd as that and still make it possible to be taken seriously with such love and care. It's like the Brave & the Bold animated show without team-ups, and sillier detective work.

Long running and serialized grim dark stuff is hard for me to swallow, especially for shows that have long episodes that hit the 1 hour mark. I really like Daredevil, but it revels itself in taking place in the same universe as the more colorful and high jumping more acrobatic and fantastical, while not having characters move anywhere near the same speed, so it loses points there to me.

Batman 66
is more my cup of tea, so I'm voting for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"