Rocksteady's Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League

jolldan

Sidekick
Reaction score
It looks like Warner Bros. Montreal, the developer behind Batman: Arkham Origins, is getting ready to reveal its new game. Over on Twitter, well-known voice actor Roger Craig Smith (who worked on Batman: Arkham Origins) is teasing an exciting new project he's working on that, unfortunately, he can't speak about yet because of a NDA. Now, I know what you're thinking, so what? Well, writer Ryan Galletta, who penned Batman: Arkham Origins and has worked with Warner Bros. in the past, commented on the post and confirmed his involvement with the project as well. But that's not all, Warner Bros. publicist Gary Miereanu also commented on the tweet, and teased his involvement. These three things combined have fans convinced WB Games Montreal is set to reveal its new game, and according to Miereanu, this project will be revealed "reasonably soon."

For those that don't know: the studio hasn't released a full game since 2014, and hasn't made anything since some Batman: Arkham Knight DLC in 2015. So, it's been awhile since we've heard from the studio, who has previously confirmed that it's working on two DC Comics games. In other words, it's not surprising to hear the developer is almost ready to reveal its new project.

Unfortunately, the trio of industry veterans didn't divulge anything further, leaving many wondering when we will hear more. Well, it's possible the game will show up at The Game Awards in December, but this seems a bit far for "reasonably soon." So, it's possible this will just be announced some random afternoon. That said, with New York Comic-Con set for early October, I wouldn't be surprised if we hear more about the game very soon so it could rear its head there.

Part of me wants WB to make another Batman game, but another part also wants another character with a game that respects its mythos. Can we have both? :O

Part of me wants WB to make another Batman game, but another part also wants another character with a game that respects its mythos. Can we have both? :O
Same here just for the inevitable salt you will get from people who will call it trash because it isn't being made by Rocksteady. I personally loved Origins, thought the Joker reveal was awesome and its the only game you get to do real detective work.

The amount of double negatives in those tweets broke my brain.

It would be brilliant if Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Nightwing and the Teen Titans got a high quality game based them, as they all have very strong material, IMO.

"reasonable soon"...that would have been months ago god damn it. XD
Now there is no "reasonable soon", its just torture for us and we are past the point of patience. XD

They gear up towards something, they are looking or were looking for a community manager, that is often a good sign that the phase is entered where the game is presentable and when all the gears are working.

Im not expecting anything but i look at December reveal and april-june release then...because i dont believe they work on a next gen game and that they dont want to release their game current gen game when the new generation is about to start.

Evidence points to a Batman game, but we'll see.

After a four-year hiatus, it looks a new Batman Arkham game is on the way. On Monday, the official Twitter account for WB Games Montréal, the developer of Batman: Arkham Origins, shared a cryptic six-second video. The teaser shows six different symbols in the style of the Bat-Signal. Prior to Sunday, the account hadn't tweeted since 2015, the year the most recent game in the franchise, Batman: Arkham Knight, came out.

It would be brilliant if Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Nightwing and the Teen Titans got a high quality game based them, as they all have very strong material, IMO.
Would love to see it I just don't know how dev's would put together a game with all the different powers and move sets of each character but I suppose we will find out if its doable with the new avengers game.

A new Arkham game has been rumored and teased since Arkham Knight came out. I'll believe it when there's an official announcement and a trailer

Just...show...us...what...you...are...working...on.:argh::D

I seriously expect the "whole" batfamily to be playable if the whole court of owls thing is true.
Would be a waste not to, but we will see.

But i see a problem if they stay in the Arkham universe since Knight didnt say anything about damian or kate or so...would be weird to have them in a game that is a prequel to that.
And a Sequel may not have Bruce in it...that would also suck.

We will see, whatever it is...i think it will be the very last game in the arkham series either way.
I think after that, if it is a huge success...what i hope...WBM has enough confidence to start their own batman game universe.

Just...show...us...what...you...are...working...on.:argh::D

I seriously expect the "whole" batfamily to be playable if the whole court of owls thing is true.
Would be a waste not to, but we will see.

But i see a problem if they stay in the Arkham universe since Knight didnt say anything about damian or kate or so...would be weird to have them in a game that is a prequel to that.
And a Sequel may not have Bruce in it...that would also suck.

We will see, whatever it is...i think it will be the very last game in the arkham series either way.
I think after that, if it is a huge success...what i hope...WBM has enough confidence to start their own batman game universe.
I can't speak for Damian, but she does have an easily missable Easter Egg. When you visit Bruce Wayne's office, his answering machine has a voice mail from her.

I can't speak for Damian, but she does have an easily missable Easter Egg. When you visit Bruce Wayne's office, his answering machine has a voice mail from her.

Oh my, i totally forgot about that...the game is so full of easter eggs and stuff, i completely forgot that one.
Begs the question if she is Batwoman at this point or not.

I dont think Damian was even in one Easter Egg on any of the games...i dont even think they made it clear if Talia is 100% dead or not.
I know Ra's talked about her in the Arkham Knight DLC, but who knows.

I need to see this game now. I hope we get a reveal soon, I'm sick of waiting haha.

I didn't know Scott Snyder tweeted out about the Court of Owls during that teaser a month ago.

Interesting. :hmm

These ****ers are gonna make us wait until December aren't they.

Well Arkham City was announced at the Game Awards in 2009 right off the heels of Arkham Asylum, so the odds are fair.

But if nothing is announced then, my next bet is an announcement at either E3 or SDCC 2020, perhaps to hype up the release of the next gen consoles.

Oh my, i totally forgot about that...the game is so full of easter eggs and stuff, i completely forgot that one.
Begs the question if she is Batwoman at this point or not.

I dont think Damian was even in one Easter Egg on any of the games...i dont even think they made it clear if Talia is 100% dead or not.
I know Ra's talked about her in the Arkham Knight DLC, but who knows.
Wouldn't be the first time they pulled a Robin out of thin air without a single prior reference in any of the three story modes prior. Though I guess even he got a little line of dialogue in a challenge map. :o

Hoping this is set after Arkham Origins, with RGS returning. If it is a sequel to AK, I hope Bruce is still the main character. It just wouldn't be the same playing as someone else for the main story.

Im so confused by that arkham legacy rumor because of the timeline.
If its after knight, then why the "capture the knight" hashtag, i have a Hard time believing that if its about the batfamily, they would take away dicks nightwing Persona and have him be batman.

I can see it taking place before asylum or so but that would Rob us of Jason as Red hood.

I could see this starting a New timeline, unconventional but not impossible...but would they continue with the arkham Name then?

Very confused by this all.

I'm still hoping this is an all new Batman game or perhaps in the same universe but starting off a new brand and being called Batman: than continuing with anything Arkham.

I hate both Arkham Night's endings and it ruined hype for continuing the Arkham franchise for me

I'm still hoping this is an all new Batman game or perhaps in the same universe but starting off a new brand and being called Batman: than continuing with anything Arkham.

I hate both Arkham Night's endings and it ruined hype for continuing the Arkham franchise for me

I hope so too, but seems kind of "random" if they would start a new thing with the court of owls.
Not the biggest fan of how Knight ended but it is what it is, i can live with it.

Like i said, im very confused by the possible timeline of the game.
If you go after Knight then their whole "capture the knight" hashtag is pointless.
Going before Asylum keeps at least jason out and "forces" them to go back on some of the great gameplay additions Knight made.

They could keep the arkham name imo and still start a new universe or so.
Calling the series Batman Arkham Legacy and go from there with Arkham legacy 2,3,4,5 and so on would be fine with me.

It's not really pointless given the 2nd ending that could mean a lot of things. Batman or a batman is still out there but the whole thing with Bruce is a damn mess.

I get irritated when playing free roam after the story and listen to people reference him. Feels too weird and such a buzzkill. Walking into the GCPD sucks now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"