Rocksteady's Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League

EDIT: Her a more recent tweet of Jason Schreier mentioning it...the one difference to other leaks about this is that he doesnt specificly mentions the secret DC game others have thrown around.
But the idea is there that allegedly WB would have done a press conference.

There is no need to have fear at this alarming level, events this big can still be held.

I don't mind a reboot really. I didn't like the way AK ended, I'm quite happy with just making game after game with free roaming Gotham and fighting villains as Bruce Wayne.

If it’s WB Montreal doing a new game, them doing a “spiritual sequel series” would be a great way to make sure they have total freedom for story, character design, and style, show respect towards the Arkham Knight ending as being definitive for that series, and excuse for nah major format changes (free roam with multiple Batfamily members, etc) and give them more slack from any remaining Rocksteady loyalist fans who would always consider it an inferior entry because it wasn’t Rocksteady doing it.

*If* we’re fortunate enough to have them release some stuff online with E3 cancelled... I’d really like to see them do the implied “factions vs Batfamily” image as one, just so we can see who we might be playing as and playing against.

We’ve got four main slots in the center that intuitively would be Batman and his allies, with smaller circles next to them as well that could maybe be even more characters (maybe as resins) or just decorative. The top candidates I’d have for those characters is Batman, Nightwing, Batgirl, and Catwoman (keeping it even at two guys and two girls, each of whom could have a reskin alternative of some kind).

For bad guys factions...

Shown Symbols

Checkmate/Task Force X (Government Symbol with crossed swords and crown for chess motif) - Boss Battles with classic Suicide Squad members?

Demon/League of Assassins/League of Shadows (Creepy Demon Face) - Ninjas, Ra’s, Shiva, etc.

Pure Speculation for Other Slots

Court of Owls (Owl Symbol?) - This faction feels like it will inevitably appear at some point in a Batman game, and exceptionally durable and acrobatic henchmen and villains would be a unique gameplay challenge. Maybe Nightwing and Batman focused villains?

Leviathan (Skull?) - I’d just love to have Talia leading her own faction in opposition to Ra’s, and having the Heretic as a boss would be cool, particularly if Damian is a major hero.

Joker Gang (Clowns?) - I don’t feel if I need to explain this...

Bane Army (Bane Symbol?) - I love the Venom-fueled Mooks from Origins, and Bane having a faction always seems fitting.

Arkham Escapees (“A” Symbol?) - Again, just a classic setup of Arkham villains.

Falcone Mob (Rose?) - Classic mobsters, and one of two faction ideas I have for good villains to be victimized by Catwoman.

False Face Society (Black Mask?) - The other classic monster group that Catwoman could rob from.

If they truly intended to show off the next Batman game, they still can with some sort of live stream event or something. Still possible. It's probably what all the big publishers will do now.

Hard to say with the current situation.
A lot has to do with the next gen question too...if the next gen consoles come out this year and all despite the coronavirus.
It comes down to if the games of WB are current or next gen.

For the moment i wouldnt expect anything until around June when the E3 was supposed to happen.
Because either way i think if they have planned something as it is the rumor, they will only have the stuff ready late may or early june.
Like if we talk about a CGI trailer or a gameplay demo.

FINALLY!

Great to be getting some news. Guess we will have two DC games to look forward to

They’ve been teasing a Suicide Squad game since around the time Arkham Origins was released.

I'm extra curious about Gotham Knights. Is it about the Bat Family? Perhaps a game based on The Return of Bruce Wayne and Battle for the Cowl

If Gotham Knights is a Bat Family game, then I hope its one where we are free to choose our Bat character from the start, and play as much of the game with that character as we want.

Or else, we are able to swap out characters on the fly.

For instance, if I want to run around open world Gotham with Nightwing for the the whole game, then I should have the option to choose that.

What I don't want is the scenario where you can only play as certain characters for certain missions.

I am excited that it seems the superior developer in Montreal are making the proper Batman game.

I am not sure who qualifies as Gotham Knights, but if I could pick 5 characters I really want to play as it would be:

1. Kate Kane
2. Damien Wayne
3. Helena Bertinelli
4. Babs
5. Dinah Lance

I am excited that it seems the superior developer in Montreal are making the proper Batman game.
As much as I love Arkham Origins, Rocksteady's games are better. More flexible order for Riddler challenges compared to their equivalent in AO, all gadgets stay with you from the start in New Game+, and combat has a sharper flow.
One thing WB Montereal did better is their unlimited supply of NG+ with I AM the Knight mode, that is something I want to see return.

As much as I love Arkham Origins, Rocksteady's games are better. More flexible order for Riddler challenges compared to their equivalent in AO, all gadgets stay with you from the start in New Game+, and combat has a sharper flow.
One thing WB Montereal did better is their unlimited supply of NG+ with I AM the Knight mode, that is something I want to see return.
The best game for me is Origins. I wouldn't have said this probably a few years ago, but after playing through them all again, I am firm on that. Not quite the best gameplay, but the best storytelling by far imo. I liked their general take on everything a little better, and they were not responsible for what Arkham Knight turned out to be.

Nightwing with unlockable Robin skin
Red Hood with unlockable Robin skin
Red Robin with unlockable Robin Skin
Bat Girl
Damian Wayne's Robin
Huntress
Bat Woman

Would be an awesome roster

The best game for me is Origins. I wouldn't have said this probably a few years ago, but after playing through them all again, I am firm on that. Not quite the best gameplay, but the best storytelling by far imo. I liked their general take on everything a little better, and they were not responsible for what Arkham Knight turned out to be.
Gameplay trumps story for me. I do think that AO is better than AA on that front cause it is an Arkham City clone, albeit an inferior one. The remote claw is one of my favorite things ever, cause it took something cool from Just Cause 2 and made it fun for that small use.

HORRAAAAAHHH

I hope they give us an unlimited supply of New Game+ this time, it's not ideal to have to collect all collectibles from the start every single time

Hell I hope this time, they enable us to play New Game+ again without having to replay the regular mode again.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"