Batman BEGINS chest sculpt. Some Pics..

i'm starting to think that batman can truly be real has any one seen the batmobile someone made.

Hello,

I have a few questions for the OP.

1) Do you plan on building all the pieces required for a full and complete suit except boots (I am guessing you are but I want to make sure).

2) Do you plan on making these suits available for purchase by the public i.e. me?

I realize you probably have no idea of what the price would be as the suit is not complete but I would be interested in knowing these few small details as I have been searching for a high-quality batsuit for two years now!

Thank you,

-Bobby

Thank you everyone!!! :)

I will have photo updates very soon.

The suit will be complete including the boots, gloves, undersuit, cape, all rubber armor and possibly the belt. I will make the belt also but am far to busy to dedicate time to that currently so that just might get done in the future.
I'm in no hurry because this is not going to be for sale or trade or anything like that. As much as I appreciate your interest here unfortunately I just dont sell any of my Bat related items.

I have fun making them in my spare time...spare time explains why this has been taking so long...dont exactly have much of it...LOL...

David

David I have a Question.....do you sell any of your projects? I'd be willing to buy one.

What project are you referring to? If it's Bat related then unfortunately I cant...other things maybe..custom things are absolutely no problem but if it's our boy here in ANY movie variation then...sorry..No can do.
Just send me a PM with your thoughts or ideas.
:)

David

Could you do an Amalgamish type project? Like Combining two heroes into one completly new hero im not saying any certain heroes im just asking if its "legal"

If it's 'completely New' then there should be absolutely no worries what so ever.

Shoot me a PM...email, whatever you like..let's see what we can do!

David

ok sounds sweet Ill work on a Drawing and send it to ya. It'll be along the Xmenish lines Jacket wise for a fair warning.

David, if I decide to become a superhero some day, would I be able to get you to make me a costume?

The Only Woj said:
David, if I decide to become a superhero some day, would I be able to get you to make me a costume?

Just as long as you get your superpowers from somewhere else...my rubber suits arn't really bullet proof...LOL

OK...got my first 'test pull' from the mold.
Why a test pull? Well the material is injected into the mold, there are no open areas to view inside of it so to be able to have weight ratio for future castings I have to go through a test process to determine that. That was a little 'wordier' than it should have but I think you get the idea...

It's NOT mounted. You'll also see some fingerprints because I demolded it...trimmed it a bit, not even all of it..LOL and wanted to see how it all looked.
Also, the belt is the Toys R Us kids belt. It's small so it's going to look weird because it just doesnt cover as much of that area as it needs to but eh, it's all I have for now.

It fits like a glove!! It forms to the body and flex's beautifully. The whole thing has a sandy mat finish to it while the bat logo is glass smooth. I guess I should have polished it before taking the pics but eh...sue me for being excited..LOL!

PH3ch9.jpg

PH3ch8.jpg

PH3ch7.jpg

PH3ch6.jpg

PH3ch3.jpg

PH3ch1.jpg

PH3ch5.jpg

The cowl and chest are cast from 2 different rubbers so they do look different in color. The cowl and gauntlets are just quick reject casts I used throughout the sculpting of the torso for proportions and positioning of different details.

What I'm thrilled at is how the relationship of the base of the cowl and the torso bat logo is properly spaced.

I cant wait to attach this to an undersuit, punch the collar clip holes and mount the whole thing up with cape away I go.

Is it wrong to be happy? I hope not..LOL...My 3rd Begins Chest sculpt...a few years later and finally I'm as happy as I was the first time I made a rubber batsuit back in 89.

And now the Legs...... oh joy...

David

Looks great...I can't wait to see the entire suit on you or someone else.
Make sure you get some awesome pics then...

Are you sure you didn't work on Batman Begins?
:up:

sam_298 said:
Are you sure you didn't work on Batman Begins?
:up:

LOL :)

Here are a few with a fan made belt. I didnt make it but like how it looks.

codba.jpg

baside.jpg

ba2.jpg

The belt is a good size and pretty accurate. It seems to go well with the torso piece.

More to come...ohh, much more. :)

David

Kick ass... are you working on an undersuit? if so, when will it be ready???

a1081918 said:
Kick ass... are you working on an undersuit? if so, when will it be ready???

I made undersuit patterns for a third party, so yes, in a sense I am 'working' on one. I'm in no rush to mount it though so I really dont know when that will happen. All in good time I guess. :)

Oh and here's a cool pic showing the comfort and flexibility of the armor I made.

stretch.jpg

Enjoy!

David

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"