Batman Begins Batman Begins vs. Superman The Movie ( 1978).

That's just what my memory's telling me, that it looked a bit cgi during one of the establishing shots in gotham, but I might be wrong. meh

I think it was actually a real train......although, they did have a mini-train...so....

Batman Begins.

Superman '78 is corny. At no point does it even take itself seriously. It's all tongue in cheek. From the opening credits, with the comic book opening. Batman Begins treats it as if you are actually in the world. Birthright is a better origin story than Superman '78. It takes a light superhero, but treats him completely seriously.

I think Batman begins is the better movie. Not saying that superman was a bad movie. When I first saw the trailer for Batman Begins, I thought it was going to be garbage. I was shocked at how good it was. Everything about the movie was on point IMO. I especially liked how they explain how Bruce created the batcave, all his weapons the suit etc... Super man was good. For its time, there was nothing like it. Its still a great movie and can hold its own against many comic book movie adaptations. I liked the movie in its whole until superman decided to fly around earth to turn back time to save Lois. I thought that was a bit cheesy lol. Overall, great movie though. I have to say Batman is the better movie. It has set a standard for comic book movies.

blind_fury said:
The ending to Superman was SYMBOLIC. When someone you love deeply dies you wish you could turn back time. When Pa Kent dies Clark says "all my powers and I couldn't save him" or something like that. That's how helpless every man feels when a loved one dies. It's a powerful and universal theme.

The ending is far more epic and meaningful than any other superhero movie since. :supes:

Well said. I voted for Superman: The Movie and to be honest, I'm amazed Batman Begins is winning this vote, especially by so much.

Begins is good, but in thirty years time it won't be remembered as fondly as Superman.:supes:

captain_jimbo said:
Well said. I voted for Superman: The Movie and to be honest, I'm amazed Batman Begins is winning this vote, especially by so much.

why? It's a Batman board.

This same question in a Superman board would be the exact opposite.

Even so, as a Batman fan, Superman TM was way a better movie.

Whack Arnolds said:
Batman Begins.

Superman '78 is corny. At no point does it even take itself seriously. It's all tongue in cheek. From the opening credits, with the comic book opening. Batman Begins treats it as if you are actually in the world. Birthright is a better origin story than Superman '78. It takes a light superhero, but treats him completely seriously.

now come on.

cut this out how can judge these two movies. superman '78 keyword 78 guys. why not wait a month and compare returns with begins. totally ridiculous unfair. why not compare george reeves superman with batman begins

Superman, The Movie - greatest superhero movie of all time. These two movies are so hard to compare to one another, it's been nearly thirty years between the releases of these movies, and thats why when you evaluate and contrast them, you really have to do it in a vacuum.

BB has an inherent advantage by virtue of being more recent, thus more relevant. STM wasnt a perfect comic book movie by any means, even Donner has stated that there are many scenes he would reshoot differently if the movie were released in this day and age, but it was the most resonant superhero flick i have ever seen. That movie impacted millions of people when it came out.

Personally i prefer Begins, but superman 1 is a victory for the comic booky style definitely. I found it was comedic and had the most story of any superman film since.

pspring5 said:
cut this out how can judge these two movies. superman '78 keyword 78 guys. why not wait a month and compare returns with begins. totally ridiculous unfair. why not compare george reeves superman with batman begins

I think they can be compared because for a while the superman movie was being regarded as one of the best, if not the best super hero movie ever. When Batman Begins came out, alot of people would say that it was the best. I think its fair to argue which is better.

He sorta has a point in the sense of how dated STM has become. I mean, if STM was made today, it could very well blow BB out of the water. To me, at least.

CConn said:
He sorta has a point in the sense of how dated STM has become. I mean, if STM was made today, it could very well blow BB out of the water. To me, at least.

Yeah but he's a gangsta

BB will age like fine wine.

Or B89.

Same thought people back in 78 when they saw this all new way of making a superhero movie.

Yes. But they were highly uneducated then.

VHS...jesus.

Christopher Reeve still to this day has pulled off the best portrayel of a comic book character...

SUPERMAN!

--dk7

I disagree. He's overrated. Good, but overrated. George Reeves was just as good of a Superman.

Batman Begins. My reasons: Reeve is overrated, Superman 2 was better then 1 anyway and plus I'm a hardcore Batman fan in general (huge Superman fan too but Bats is number 1 for me).

Whack Arnolds said:
I disagree. He's overrated. Good, but overrated. George Reeves was just as good of a Superman.

Not just as good. More like far better.

Personally I don't know where you guys get off saying he is overrated. I understand that everyone has their own opinion, I am personally a bigger Batman fan myself, I just feel that Christopher Reeve pulled off the part amazingly well in everyway possible.

--dk7

Whack Arnolds said:

hahahaha

jesus.

he's not overrated. you don't like it.

it's like POTC or titanic. people say Pirates Of The Caribbean is overrated. No it's not. You just don't like it. Why? because it's widely loved by a **** load more people than who dislike it. Titanic on the other hand. Is the opposite. It is actually overrated. So Reeve is not overrated. Niether is Superman: The Movie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"