Batman Begins Batman Begins vs. Superman The Movie ( 1978).

After two lame Spiderman movies, I don't see how the 3rd can be any better.

Merkel said:

You really thought the spidey movies were lame???

bdsproductions said:
Batman Begins! it has replaced Superman:The Movie as the BEST comic book film ever! :batman:.

PS Superman:The Movie kicks serious ash thoguhe.
I reckon BATMAN (1989) was the best comic book movie ever... followed closely by Batman Begins... AND WE ALL KNOW THE WORST COMIC BOOK MOVIE EVER WAS BATMAN & ROBIN... DAMN YOU JOEL SCHUMACHER!... TO bad place!

iceberg325 said:
You really thought the spidey movies were lame???

I do.

The first one at least. It was pure formula, really crap dialogue, horrible Green Goblin, terrible Mary Jane, the CGI was mostly bad (and really really bad), one cliché after another... but good acting, ok.

The second one I liked it much much more. I wouldn't call it lame.

But in both the humour was exasperating. Awful as the worst indigestion.

El Payaso said:
I do.

The first one at least. It was pure formula, really crap dialogue, horrible Green Goblin, terrible Mary Jane, the CGI was mostly bad (and really really bad), one cliché after another... but good acting, ok.

The second one I liked it much much more. I wouldn't call it lame.

But in both the humour was exasperating. Awful as the worst indigestion.

I can see the argument for spidey 1, just look at the festival scene where spidey saves the little kid from the falling ballon or whatever was falling on him, that lookes soooooooooo fake. Plus Macy Gray was in it zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I didnt think GG was that bad, Mary Jane was meh. I dont like Kirsten Dunst for the role. Still dont!!!

Spidey 2 IMO was a GREAT film!!!! Raimi really stepped it up. That is why I'm so optimistic for spidey 3. The complaints I have for spidey 2 are the women screaming. Watch the movie again, everytime a woman screams, Its really overexagerrated. The scene when Doc ock came alive in the hospital gave me a headache lol. And when peter relieves himself of the spidey duties. I really didnt like the music they played when he was walking around all happy. Oh and I think Raimi overplayed peteys bad luck. Otherwise, the movie is a classic IMO.

I thought the first Spiderman was bad on almost all levels. The second one was much better, without a doubt, but I still wouldn't call it a great movie.

I did love the Hulk, though.

Merkel said:
I thought the first Spiderman was bad on almost all levels. The second one was much better, without a doubt, but I still wouldn't call it a great movie.

I did love the Hulk, though.

Why wouldnt you call it a great movie? What didnt you like about it?

I think they overplayed the whole "Peter Parker doesn't have any luck" aspect. Plus, there was an over-reliance on CGI effects, Dunst was as bad as always and some of the dialogue (mainly by Aunt May), was pretty corny. Some scenes were great though, like the elevator scene. Molina was great. But that whole "don't worry, we won't tell anyone, spiderman" thing dropped it down a notch.

fangrl06 said:
Superman is a classic. How can it be compared to Batman 5(technically 6)? It was alright, but Superman is more timeless. I don't see Batman Begins being a timeless classic. I know this is not a popular thing to say on here, but hey it's what I think.
But see the thing is with me (and a few other people in this thread), is that STM itself is hardly a timeless film. It's a very good film, to be sure, but it's also, to me at least, very dated. And that hurts its overall quality. Especially when compared to a new, very good, movie like BB.

Superman is a classic. How can it be compared to Batman 5(technically 6)? It was alright, but Superman is more timeless. I don't see Batman Begins being a timeless classic. I know this is not a popular thing to say on here, but hey it's what I think.

But, how's it NOT a timeless classic?

There are no things in the film that give away the film's timeframe.....or the year. No product placement, no "flavor of the month" music.....nothing like that. Batman Begins took notes from Superman the Movie, and that is why it will be a classic.

I'll agree with you on one thing, and that is that SM3 is going to kick ash.

So....you actually thought X3 was good??

Cukooooo-Cukoooooo.

I reckon BATMAN (1989) was the best comic book movie ever... followed closely by Batman Begins... AND WE ALL KNOW THE WORST COMIC BOOK MOVIE EVER WAS BATMAN & ROBIN... DAMN YOU JOEL SCHUMACHER!... TO bad place!

Problem with that is, before Batman Begins.....BATMAN was never even in the convo.

But see the thing is with me (and a few other people in this thread), is that STM itself is hardly a timeless film. It's a very good film, to be sure, but it's also, to me at least, very dated. And that hurts its overall quality. Especially when compared to a new, very good, movie like BB.

Yeah, dated indeed. Timeless classic would suggest that it would feel as dated. But, it does. It happens.

That, and Lex Luthor. WTF is wrong with Lex Luthor.

Merkel said:

exactly.:up: I dont see how it could be great either since the first two were so lame.

You're all so eloquent. It's like modern day Shakespeare over here.

Batman Begins. Superman was very good, but when it ended I felt slightly..underwhelmed but I can't explain more. I actually like Superman II better for that reason. It took till about 3 weeks ago before I ever saw Superman one or two, and my god was Reeve amazing. I'm sorry it took me so long to realize that.

Apples and baby wolverines. They can't be compared.

pspring5 said:
cut this out how can judge these two movies. superman '78 keyword 78 guys. why not wait a month and compare returns with begins. totally ridiculous unfair. why not compare george reeves superman with batman begins

come on now,thats comparing apples to oranges comparing George reeves superman with batman begins to superman 1978 to batman begins.Its a very fair comparison because even though people deny it a lot the special effects to superman 1978 STILL measure up to the best special effects in most comicbook movies today.They were the springboard as well to influence other movies as far as special effects go so its a very fair comparison.

darknight7 said:
Christopher Reeve still to this day has pulled off the best portrayel of a comic book character...

SUPERMAN!

--dk7

Im inpressed this coming from you to vote Superman since your obviously a much bigger batman fan than Superman.I also am a bigger batman fan than superman as well but like you,I also voted superman as I mentioned earlier.

Image said:
I prefer Batman Begins.

I agree, but I think Kilmer did and ok job, but Keaton and Bale are Batman.

Naw Bale is the one and ONLY Batman.Heck even Kilmer was a better batman than keaton who was horribly miscast in that role.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"