Batman Beyond Animated FanFilm

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction & Films' started by DeGenerate10, Jun 27, 2013.

1. DeGenerate10 Br Ba

2. Matt.S99 Formally batboy99

That was awesome.

3. Indy Flash Archeological Speedster

Pretty cool for a low budget film.

4. ThePhantasm 2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper

It doesn't seem to entirely follow the DCAU canon. That knocked it down some points for me. The most bizarre point was that Poison Ivy seemed to have never been a villain.

The animation was very well done, however, for something low-budget.

5. Baazar Registered

Hey guys,
    That was my fanfilm and I just wanted to say thanks for watching and posting about it! I am a composer by trade and it was my first ever animation/film and was never intended to be a 20 minute episode. It evolved from a practice shot of Batman standing on a tower to a full film over the course of six months.

It is the first of 3 parts. The part 2 teaser is here:
    http://youtu.be/aW-kj-OXZAQ

Part 2 will see a major visual improvements and corrections and flesh out some of the canon issues people had.

Thanks again!

-Matt

6. Baazar Registered

Hey there,
    That was my fanfilm and I just wanted to say thanks for watching.

I know people had issues with the canon but I did not want to tell a story that had already been told. Both Bane and Dr. Isley served my story and will be fleshed out in part 2. (It is a 3 parter.) Don't worry, Pamela Isley will see her dark transformation into Poison Ivy ;).

Check out the part 2 teaser:
    http://youtu.be/aW-kj-OXZAQ

Thanks again!

-Matt

7. ThePhantasm 2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper

The canon shift was just a bit jarring, as when I think "Batman Beyond" I go in with preconceived notions of the story and history. That said, I'd love to see Part 2 when finished. The fan film was well made altogether.

8. Baazar Registered

Fair enough, valid point.

For me the Batman history is always changing, especially now, as with Damian Wayne/Helena Wayne/Terry McGinnis all being possible children and various on and off villains.

Personally I also did not connect with some of the villains from Batman Beyond aside from some basic characterists of Derek Powers and most people don't know them anyway. I think it will help most viewers to see some characters they know since most characters in the universe are old/dead or totally new at this point.

But thanks again for the feedback. I totally hear you and I always welcome constructive criticism.

-Matt