Animation Batman Beyond

Karelia

RN4L
Reaction score
Batman_Beyond_title_card.png

With the 20th Anniversary of Batman Beyond, I felt like it may be time for a thread for it. The complete series releases on Blu Ray tomorrow, completely remastered. I for one can't wait to rewatch this series, as it's been at least 2 years since I've sat down and watched an episode of it.

I've always liked the futuristic Neo-Gotham. The reason Bruce decides to never don the Batsuit again always stuck with me. Very powerful moment! Terry Mcginnis has always been one of my favorite comic book characters. I was glad to see him get more exposure in the comics lately, which I need to pick some of those up. The industrial/metal soundtrack also was great. I actually own the physical CD that came out. And of course that Bruce Timm art style. New original villains! Blight, Inque, Spellbinder, Shriek, etc!

I would love to see a continuation of the series, which Bruce Timm said if the sales were good they would probably move forward with it. Marketing tactic at its finest haha.

Live action series on the DC App would be cool to see as well! Old man Bruce played by Keaton or Conroy!

Anyways, how do you guys feel about Batman Beyond 20 years later?

batman-beyond-the-complete-series-blu-ray.jpg

BLU RAY DETAILS

Special Features:

Knight Immortal (All-New Featurette) – A visual and visceral celebration of the Dark Knight's 80 years of crime fighting, narrated by storytellers of the past, present, and future.

"Tomorrow Knight: The Batman Reborn"
(Featurette)
– Storytellers explore the rise of Terry McGinnis as Batman and Bruce Wayne's relationship with the young hero as he mentors a new Dark Knight for modern times.

Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker (Feature-Length Film) – The beloved hit animated film from 2000 is included in the box set – fully remastered for your enjoyment.

Audio Commentaries – Enlightening audio commentaries by filmmakers and voice actors for four key episodes: "Rebirth, Part 1"; "Shriek"; "Splicers"; and "The Eggbaby."

Featurettes – A dozen inside looks at the genesis, production and effects of Batman Beyond.

Last edited:
Batman Beyond is amazing and I want that Blu Ray.

My favourite episode is the Call, I really wish they’d have been able to bring them back more often.

Does the Blu Ray have any of Terry’s guest appearances on Static Shock & the Zeta Project.

Batman Beyond is amazing and I want that Blu Ray.

My favourite episode is the Call, I really wish they’d have been able to bring them back more often.

Does the Blu Ray have any of Terry’s guest appearances on Static Shock & the Zeta Project.

I have only finished the first season on Blu Ray, but as far as I know, they didn't include the guest appearances. Would have loved it if they included the JLU future episode, as it was the Epilogue to Terry's story. It does include the movie "Return of The Joker" in Blu Ray. I heard the blu ray release is a limited run, not sure if that's true.

Rewatching this series really makes me wish we would get some new animated or even a live adaptation of Terry Mcginnis. Maybe on HBO Max if Green Lantern takes off? Would be awesome!

I actually just got the Batman Beyond rebirth comics by Dan Jurgens as well. About to delve into all that! Been meaning to, just put it off.

Edit: I added to the first post what the extra features are on the Blu Ray.

Last edited:
I have only finished the first season on Blu Ray, but as far as I know, they didn't include the guest appearances. Would have loved it if they included the JLU future episode, as it was the Epilogue to Terry's story. It does include the movie "Return of The Joker" in Blu Ray. I heard the blu ray release is a limited run, not sure if that's true.

Rewatching this series really makes me wish we would get some new animated or even a live adaptation of Terry Mcginnis. Maybe on HBO Max if Green Lantern takes off? Would be awesome!

I actually just got the Batman Beyond rebirth comics by Dan Jurgens as well. About to delve into all that! Been meaning to, just put it off.

Edit: I added to the first post what the extra features are on the Blu Ray.

It’s a shame they didn’t include them as extras. Peeosnlly I wasn’t a massive fan of Epilogue tough. I side with Alan Burnett in that the twist takes away from how Terry became Batman in his own right.

I like the comics, I got a fair few of the ones prior to the comic run restarted. Batman Beyond Hush is great & personally I like it more than Batman Hush. I’m also a huge fan of Superman Beyond, it really bugs me that he didn’t come back for the JLU BB episodes.

I still think WB will do an animated feature, maybe on HBO Max rather than cinematically though.

I agree with the twist of Terry. Much preferred him not having any connection/relation to Bruce at all. I can live with it, but I just preferred them not having that relation.

Yeah, I have the Hush Beyond graphic novel, when they first announced that I made sure to get it. Just haven't read much Batman Beyond comics past that. Which is a shame, Terry has always been one of my favorites. Did you read any of the Rebirth by Jurgens?

I did notice they have Batman Beyond Universe comics that I believe include Superman in it.

I agree with the twist of Terry. Much preferred him not having any connection/relation to Bruce at all. I can live with it, but I just preferred them not having that relation.

Yeah, I have the Hush Beyond graphic novel, when they first announced that I made sure to get it. Just haven't read much Batman Beyond comics past that. Which is a shame, Terry has always been one of my favorites. Did you read any of the Rebirth by Jurgens?

I did notice they have Batman Beyond Universe comics that I believe include Superman in it.

No I haven’t had chance to check any BB Rebirth unfortunately.

Oh I know he’s been in the comics. I got the graphic novel of his solo run. I just wish we’d have seen him again in animation.

Yeah.....a random uk site? Not even CBR is reporting it lol. Be great if it were true but I highly doubt it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"