Batman/Bruce Wayne Casting Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Younger Batman for me. The past three Batman on film have been Batman past his prime.

Bale was past his prime? Even Clooney was relatively young.

Jon Hamm has been my dream pick for Batman since MoS days but I feel like he's at the "too old" point right now. I mean the guy is almost 50, how long could he realistically play the role for?

If he was say 10, even 5 years younger, I would say **** it and cast him but I just don't see them going that route.

Maybe they could use him if part of Matt Reeves' plan was to pass the cowl mid trilogy or something.

Hamm's too cold/intense and not nearly wholesome enough to be Supes, imo.

Yeah between The Town, Mad Men, and Baby Driver I have him pegged more for Batman.

Sounds like Millar got caught up in the rumor mill. I doubt he'd be privy to any casting news. Plus Umberto said Reeves and the studio weren't going to get serious about casting until they had the script locked in.
Perhaps officially, but I wouldn't be surprised if Reeves has been talking to some candidates already. There had to have been some smoke from that initial rumor back when Jake was supposedly Matt's first choice. That was nearly a year ago.

I remember Nolan mentioning how discussions with Heath were well underway before even a draft ever came together.

Bruce and Clark are almost indistinguishable in the comics—both are roughly the same height and build with similar facial features (e.g., black hair, blue eyes, square jaw). Now, some of the more pedantic members of the fanbase might complain that Hamm doesn't quite have the right jaw or eye color (for Superman especially), but he mostly looks the part for either role regardless. Is he better suited for one over the other in terms of demeanor and such? Maybe. A good actor should be able to work outside of his comfort zone, though, so as to better embody the role in which he's playing. Ledger, Hathaway and countless others have all done so amid similar concerns. I don't see why Hamm can't do the same. Having said all that, at the risk of sounding redundant, the guy's just too old to be starting out as Batman now. And Superman isn't even happening anytime soon; he'll be dead by the time that part comes around again!

e5130gd6onlprjpff6gq.png

That’s why they should go full American Horror Story with this and just cast the same actor as Superman and Batman.

Hamm would look ridiculous in the S. Basically picture Zod in blue... that's how Hamm would look. No way. Even as Bruce, physically he is way out of shape.. the rumour of Brolin being Bats back for BvS got me really fired up... he would have been a great choice.

I dont doubt hamm could get in batman shape, hes only a year older than Affleck.

Actors like Brolin and especially J.K. Simmons (at the ripe old age of 63) are living proof that age is just a number. Besides, it wouldn't surprise me to learn that most of these guys take shortcuts anyway.

I dont doubt hamm could get in batman shape, hes only a year older than Affleck.
But he wouldn't want to. I've never gotten the sense he has any real interest in playing a role like this at all.

But he wouldn't want to. I've never gotten the sense he has any real interest in playing a role like this at all.
A big paycheck and an increase in star power may change his mind.

A big paycheck and an increase in star power may change his mind.
Those things have a history of destroying principles and preferences.

He's pretty much the perfect choice, he's just ten years too old

Yeah I’ve seen that, and all his interviews where he’s asked about Batman. I never get the sense he’s ACTUALLY interested. He’s not gonna slam the door on any potential jobs or be dismissive of the role, but when I actually SEE him talk about it, his interest doesn’t seem genuine to me, and never has. Even there he feels the need to throw in that he doesn’t like working out. He’s been talking about this and Superman for a loooong time because he’s always asked about it, and while his answers have changed depending on the time, they never seem like anything more than lip service to me.

I'll be so glad once Hamm has finally aged out of the role. I've always thought he looked like a live action Fred Flintstone rather than Batman or Superman.

Hard pass on Hamm. I’m not interested in older versions of Batman OR Superman right now, outside of a Beyond movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"