Batman/Bruce Wayne Casting Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mentioned this is another thread, but in a hypothetical situation where Netflix cancel Daredevil because of some idiotic beef with Disney Marvel... how would we feel about Charlie Cox as Batman?

Because that’d be just fine with me.
Oh heck no!

Nah. I feel like it’d be too similar to his DD. Which sucks, but yeah.

Aside from the more superficial aspects, Matt Murdock and Bruce Wayne are very different characters, so I think he could differentiate his performances quite well.

Jon Hamm would make a great villain. Two-Face perhaps. But he isn't Batman. He looks visibly older than Ben Affleck (despite only being a year older).

Get a complete unknown. That's the right way to go.

Who Should Be the Next Batman After Ben Affleck? Here Are 37 Options

Half of them I don’t know how I feel about but Gosling would be fine
lol, not even 3 choices in and they've already thrown the MBJ card...Idris Elba, mmkay...Henry Cavill...Scott Adkins...Kit Harington...Chris flippin' Pratt (what?)...Matt Damon...Steven Strait (wtf is going on here)
...Brendan Fraser...Kevin Hart...Ben Stiller...Adam Sandler...Will Ferrell...Gene Hackman...Michael Cera.

laziest writing i have ever seen, to think they got paid for that.

At this point - unkown for both Bats and Supes.

bateyes.gif

James Lafferty:

tmp_ky14LX_d679b9d9a5eaa377_laff.jpg

James-Lafferty.jpg
He's got a good look, but if The Haunting of Hill House was a Batman audition for anybody, it's Oliver Jackson-Cohen.

Last edited:
He's got a good look, but if The Haunting of Hill House was a Batman audition for anybody, it's Oliver Jackson-Cohen.

Suggested him a few pages back. :up:

Dude's only 31 too. Couldn't believe it.

After watching some of The Haunting of Hill House, yeah this guy sticks out as a great option

He was pretty solid in THoHH. He'd probably go next to Tom Bateman in terms of being young and unknown on my list.

image.jpg

latest

Mentioned this is another thread, but in a hypothetical situation where Netflix cancel Daredevil because of some idiotic beef with Disney Marvel... how would we feel about Charlie Cox as Batman?

Because that’d be just fine with me.

LOL, I wouldn’t be surprised if WB tried to pick him up in the event that Daredevil gets canceled, since that’s kinda what they do. But no; he’s brilliant as Matt Murdock, but I don’t see him as Batman.

LOL, I wouldn’t be surprised if WB tried to pick him up in the event that Daredevil gets canceled, since that’s kinda what they do.
If you're referring to the Gunn thing, I think they're kind of apples and oranges. Roping in a guy who made your rival over $1.5 billion isn't really the same as taking a guy who's played Daredevil for 3 years, slapping a new cowl on him, and expecting people to just roll with it.

Has anyone suggested Henry Golding (Crazy Rich Asians, A Simple Favor) yet?

Has anyone suggested Henry Golding (Crazy Rich Asians, A Simple Favor) yet?
Yep. Not a bad option if they want to go outside the traditional box, imo.

EDIT: Oh wait, that was for Superman. I don't think I've seen him suggested for Batman yet. And now that I think about it, I'd definitely prefer him for that.

Last edited:
Golding - good choice - however, he would also make it, sadly stereotypical of me to say, seem more legit as batman having ninja qualities compared to say Bale - you could imagine he looked up to his past and embraced that culture whilst living in america too - i would accept it, he has the Bruce Wayne persona, under the cowl, could be anyone.

I feel if they used him, it would go all Tron neon.. sadly.

Count me in on the Oliver Jackson Cohen train. He is excellent in The Haunting of Hill House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"