Batman/Bruce Wayne Casting Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nicholas Holt?

giphy.gif

I trust Jett. He knew Bane and Catwoman were in TDKR before anyone.

Jett is also the only one that is on the fence on that report from yesterday. He says he can see the possibility in which the studio has lied to the trades, but he only says Mario's source may have burned him.

Yeah and was so anti Affleck I swear and yet he claims he is a Batman fan

He never had a problem with Ben; he just wasn't keen on the idea of a live-action Batman successfully coexisting with metahumans and the like in a shared universe.

Also, John Campea says the "final talks" part in Mario's report is BS... not because WB hasn't met anyone yet, but he outright says he thinks Batman is already cast.

I watched Hill House and really liked Cohen but I don’t really see him as Batman. Has he been in anything else that might sell me on the idea?

Reeves did talk to Jake G about the part. So, unless they've changed their minds and are exclusively looking a 20 somethings , then a 30 something is on the table. Hence, Hammer and Pattinson's names could be in contention.

I'm not so willing, as alot of other geek pundits and fanboys were today, to totally dismiss the idea that WB and Hammer may be in talks or that Hammer is on their list .

As we've seen before, off the record sources, studios, and actors can and do lie and deny sometimes when it comes to these types of discussions.

Hammer is most definitely on their list. Whether he gets the role and whether Reeves wants a young Ben Affleck is the question of the day. I doubt he cares whether his Batman can "fill the void" Affleck left which is where the interest in Hammer comes from

I was on the fence on Armie Hammer but I've been researching him lately and he seems like a cool dude, I'd love for him to get the part if he crushes the audition.

I am actually now trying to think what if Hammer actually is Batman and I'm not really sure how I feel about it! :confused:

Not that there's anything outright bad...But mainly is it too safe a choice? Trying to imagine him in the role...

Ironically enough, had JL Mortal ckme out, Hammer would have been younger than even Noah Centineo at age 21 when he shot the movie

I remember at the time people complaining about how young Hammer was. And the cast in general.
:funny: I didn't have too strong of an opinion on it either way. Miller wanted Young adult Justice League which was an odd choice..

At the time, I just wanted to see how It manifested on-screen.

:funny: I didn't have too strong of an opinion on it either way. Miller wanted Young adult Justice League which was an odd choice..

At the time, I just wanted to see how It manifested on-screen.

I also remember people saying stuff like "Who is this guy?!" and "He's tall but maybe too tall?" :funny:

Regarding Hammer's schedule, I mean, would it really be the end of the world if the movie started shooting in January? They have plenty of time and I doubt the film will be CGI reliant.

Even then I don't think it's impossible for him to be avaible for November.

Hammer would have worked fine in the Miller flick, they were all basically no-names and probably cast just basically on appearance. As evident by random-Australian-model-chick-nobody-outside-of-Crikey-Dingoville-has-ever-heard-of as Diana.

Guess that's not too different to Gal, admittedly, but she does seem to have some basic acting chops.

I'd be pretty shocked if Hammer's in actual consideration for this though. His name's on the rise, sure, bigger than he was back with JLA, but can't see him being the "type" Reeves would be looking at.

Hammer would have worked fine in the Miller flick, they were all basically no-names and probably cast just basically on appearance. As evident by random-Australian-model-chick-nobody-outside-of-Crikey-Dingoville-has-ever-heard-of as Diana.

Guess that's not too different to Gal, admittedly, but she does seem to have some basic acting chops.

I'd be pretty shocked if Hammer's in actual consideration for this though. His name's on the rise, sure, bigger than he was back with JLA, but can't see him being the "type" Reeves would be looking at.

I don’t think it’s that crazy at all... WB has circled back to actors for Superhero roles a lot. Christian Bale was up for Batman in that failed BvS movie before he was cast in Batman Begins, Henry Cavill was up for Superman for the JJ Abrams Movie AND Superman Returns. So Armie’s name being floated around is definitely possible/likely.

Also how does anyone know what “type” Reeves is looking for? Just a hunch based on nothing? If you say looking at his past films he would never pick someone like Armie Hammer, well he’s never made a Superhero movie before, so maybe his vision of Batman would be someone like Hammer.

Armie has also worked with David Fincher, and has started in well regarded indie flicks since JL Mortal fell apart so it’s not like he hasn’t done his due as an actor to prove himself.

I don’t think it’s that crazy at all... WB has circled back to actors for Superhero roles a lot. Christian Bale was up for Batman in that failed BvS movie before he was cast in Batman Begins, Henry Cavill was up for Superman for the JJ Abrams Movie AND Superman Returns. So Armie’s name being floated around is definitely possible/likely.

Also how does anyone know what “type” Reeves is looking for? Just a hunch based on nothing? If you say looking at his past films he would never pick someone like Armie Hammer, well he’s never made a Superhero movie before, so maybe his vision of Batman would be someone like Hammer.

Armie has also worked with David Fincher, and has started in well regarded indie flicks since JL Mortal fell apart so it’s not like he hasn’t done his due as an actor to prove himself.
This definitely sounds like Hammer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"