Batman Begins 'Batman came and went' - Avi Arad

Spidey-Bat said:
Why doesn't he wait to open his mouth after FF comes out? I'd love it if that made less money in 10 days than BB did in one. How the tables would have turned.

F4 will not have legs after it's first weekend. Mark my words......! More people will watch BEGINS and WOTW....then the lame F4......and the word will spread.

"Oh....how was F4"? "Uhh....it was alright".....sigh.....

haha......watch i guarantee you guys will be hearing that plenty everywhere. ;)

Milkman95 said:
No, I don't think so junior. They have so many differences it's hilarious.......They're top tier, but way different. The fair thing to do is compare Spider-man to Superman like I said earlier...........
who cares if they're different? every hero is from one another.

the thing is, they are both some of teh most popular heroes, EVER, and so in turn, they should both gross similarly.

The Riddler said:
yeah because batman and robin really affected it that much.

8 freakin' years.

also, there was a lot of positive hype about begins. it's hard to explain why it's not doing so much better.

It's been 7 years since the Lewinsky stuff. You don't think people still remember it when they think of Clinton?

Let's see...bad film in history, not a kid-friendly film that caters to all...box office slump.

sage1047 said:
Spider-Man didn't have a bad film in its history. And being the first post 9/11 superhero film must've been a good help as well.

exactly...... :up:

Milkman95 said:
Nope. 1989's Batman, when adjusted for inflation made over $400m. Bye-bye.......
does anyone care about batman 89?!

we're talking about batman begins, here and now with recent movies of teh modern era. :rolleyes:

Wow. I usually like Avi, but this time he's pissed me off. That comment is kind of out of line.

sage1047 said:
It's been 7 years since the Lewinsky stuff. You don't think people still remember it when they think of Clinton?

Let's see...bad film in history, not a kid-friendly film that caters to all...box office slump.
a suck ash movie can't be compared to a scandal in the white house.

also, these are reasons why begins has underperformed and frankly, no one cares why it is underperforming, but that it is.

Spider-Man 1 and 2 had more adverts, more tie in promotions, it was the first time the charecter was on the big screen, therefore it had a BM 89 and Supes 78 feel to it's hype.
Marvel's fanboys are more dedicated (you saw that pasty faced nerd on the DV of SM1 with the spidey mask on "I'm seeing the movie 6 times in one day" no-nookie getting frucka)

E! and ET both had Spider-Man specials running in the summer 2002 and 2004. Not that half and hour behind the scens crap but like one-hour specials

Tha actors all did the runs on the talk shows (Letterman, Leno, Conan etc). Apart from Katie on Letterman I haven't seen anything

it had 2 soundtracks with videos that were promoted crazy (sum 41, Chad Kroger and Josey Scott, Dashboard Confessional, Ana Johannsen, Switchfoot videos were on the radio and video outlets). Batman didn't have a soundtrack. I've been telling people for years that soundtracks are great promotions for films. Because music and movies go hand and hand.

Columbia pimped Spidey hard

The Riddler said:
does anyone care about batman 89?!

we're talking about batman begins, here and now with recent movies of teh modern era. :rolleyes:

Hey clown - you said X2 out-grossed Batman, which is ALL the films. If we stick to BB, I'm sure BB will out-do X2 worldwide, even if the comparison is unfair since we're comparing an origin film to a sequel...........

BB2 against X2 is the correct comparison. Also, in regards to you're hilarious rant about Spider-man, Batman is a darker character, and history shows it's never had the appeal of Spider-man. Spider-man is a cute, action-packed movie about a teenager - it's more relatable, of course it will make more money........I just happen to prefer an adult character that strives to avenge his parents death more, that's all.............

The Riddler said:
a suck ash movie can't be compared to a scandal in the white house.

also, these are reasons why begins has underperformed and frankly, no one cares why it is underperforming, but that it is.

Oh, so basically you've been debating for no reason. You just wanted to state over and over that BB is underperforming compared to the Marvel heavy hitters who didn't have the pressure BB had when entering the Box Office. :o

Super_Ludacris said:
Spider-Man 1 and 2 had more adverts, more tie in promotions, it was the first time the charecter was on the big screen, therefore it had a BM 89 and Supes 78 feel to it's hype.
Marvel's fanboys are more dedicated (you saw that pasty faced nerd on the DV of SM1 with the spidey mask on "I'm seeing the movie 6 times in one day" no-nookie getting frucka)

E! and ET both had Spider-Man specials running in the summer 2002 and 2004. Not that half and hour behind the scens crap but like one-hour specials

Tha actors all did the runs on the talk shows (Letterman, Leno, Conan etc). Apart from Katie on Letterman I haven't seen anything

it had 2 soundtracks with videos that were promoted crazy (sum 41, Chad Kroger and Josey Scott, Dashboard Confessional, Ana Johannsen, Switchfoot videos were on the radio and video outlets). Batman didn't have a soundtrack. I've been telling people for years that soundtracks are great promotions for films. Because music and movies go hand and hand.

Columbia pimped Spidey hard
and warner didn't do the same. that's why begins is not doing well. :up:

The Riddler said:
and warner didn't do the same. that's why begins is not doing well. :up:

But I thought you just said you didn't care why Begins isn't doing well?

sage1047 said:
But I thought you just said you didn't care why Begins isn't doing well?
i don't, i'm just agreeing with the useless stuff he posted.

For the Riddler: Yes but BB is near to beat XMEN (that are comparable to batman as importance)
You can say that it would beat X2, but probably it will happen with the sequel of Nolan's movie.

I repeat: I'm very interested to know ho FF will do this summer.

sage1047 said:
Oh, so basically you've been debating for no reason. You just wanted to state over and over that BB is underperforming compared to the Marvel heavy hitters who didn't have the pressure BB had when entering the Box Office. :o
is that NOT all is said in my first statement?

it isn't my fault you blind rabid fanboys jumped on me with your barely decipherable posts. :down

(not neccesarily about sage)

The Riddler said:
i said it got butt stomped, not it flopped.

when i say butt-stomped i mean in direct comparision with marvel films, ala spider-man.

As I've mentioned in another thread, comparing Batman to Spider-man is an idiotic comparison. They're both "superheros"... great. It's like comparing Star Wars to Alien. They're the same, aren't they? They both have aliens in them and take place in outerspace... why the hell couldn't Alien gross 400 million dollars. What's its problem?

Alien clearly is a box office disappointment within its genre.

Honestly, Batman Begins should not be classified in the "superhero" genre. There needs to be a new category for films like Road to Perdition, From Hell, Batman Begins, The Crow, and Sin City. These are graphic novel movies (Bale even stressed this point in interviews), meant mainly for adults. Spider-man was a great film, but compared to Batman Begins, it's anywhere near the same tone. I can love them both, but I understand the differences between the two. It's those differences that pretty much guarantee that the audience for Batman films (done like this) will NEVER be as large as Spider-man.

As for Spider-man 2... of course it did well. It was the follow-up to a great, fun movie. You'll notice however that, being the more character driven of the two... it earned less than the first. Some of this might be attributable to the fact that Spider-man 2 was in fact a sequel, and just not as fresh as the first. But largely I think it points out the sad fact that a lot of people aren't looking for heavy character driven drama during the summer. Look at Episode III compared to Episode I. That is indisputably the best of the three prequels, and the most character driven. It has yet to do as well Episode I, which is by far the worst of the three.

The Riddler said:

Batman is still doing well without that extra hype though that's the point.

Now crawl back under that bridge troll

The Riddler said:

If you don't care then why are you agreeing? If it's useless then why waste time to agree with it?

Milkman95 said:
Hey clown - you said X2 out-grossed Batman, which is ALL the films. If we stick to BB, I'm sure BB will out-do X2 worldwide, even if the comparison is unfair since we're comparing an origin film to a sequel...........

BB2 against X2 is the correct comparison. Also, in regards to you're hilarious rant about Spider-man, Batman is a darker character, and history shows it's never had the appeal of Spider-man. Spider-man is a cute, action-packed movie about a teenager - it's more relatable, of course it will make more money........I just happen to prefer an adult character that strives to avenge his parents death more, that's all.............
what? of course i mean begins, not ALL the batman films. :rolleyes:

and as for spidey and batman, they can be compared no matter how different.

like in football, even if two teams have different strengths, they can still be compared because they're both football teams in the nfl.

sage1047 said:
If you don't care then why are you agreeing? If it's useless then why waste time to agree with it?
it's another post. :up:

Ita-KalEl said:
For the Riddler: Yes but BB is near to beat XMEN (that are comparable to batman as importance)
You can say that it would beat X2, but probably it will happen with the sequel of Nolan's movie.

I repeat: I'm very interested to know ho FF will do this summer.
batman is a bigger icon than the x-men, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"