BvS Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Comic-Con’s reveal, lots of rumors are speculating about the next “Man of Steel” sequel to be “Batman vs. Superman.”

BatmanOnFilm has been working around the clock to get more details on this movie. And according to that site’s sources (stating it’s more than one and less than ten unnamed people), an older actor will be targeted to play the Dark Knight.

So it means that Joseph Gordon-Levitt is definitely out if this rumor is true.

And the site stated a few names, including Josh Duhamel, Jude Law, Gerard Butler, Josh Brolin, Jon Hamm, Brad Pitt, Ben Affleck and Jim Caviezel.

http://latino-review.com/2013/08/02/older-batman-batman-vs-superman/

Yeah and you can't really count Dredd as leafing man status cause it isn't a big film

So wait, you don't qualify as a leading man if the film isn't big? A lead role is a lead role, especially if you're the title character. He also carried that film on his shoulders. Which... makes him a leading man.

Ezy_Queezy_Sick_Bags.jpg

I'll take one of those too.

seriously why is brolin getting hate??

- he is a phenomenal actor with a respectable resume and an oscar nomination
- square jaw
- ruggedly handsome good looks
- deep voice
- has shown he can be charismatic and charming but also shown he can be a tough bad ass
- looks just like bruce wayne imo

honestly i am shocked this isn't getting more love age dispute aside

What do you mean? Over the past few days I've seen Brolin gain a lot of support here. Hence my request for the queasy bag.

Here's why I don't want Brolin. He's a fine actor and all, but to me aside from his constipated expression, he's a serviceable actor who plays a role well suited for his own capabilities. That's it. I've never seen a performance out of him that made me love him as an actor. And that's not enough for Batman. He's just too bland. Maybe not bland in another role but for Batman he is.

Karl-Urban.JPG

Look that picture he look repressed look to his eyes Batman need these eyes.

Repressed? Have you actually seen this scene? He's being all typical Bones paranoid and grumpy for laughs there.

The people that have a problem with an older Batman are probably mostly people that are thinking in terms of franchise and are hoping for a series of films. Silly thinking though considering who really cares about all of that if it means we get at least one amazing film out of it. Batman is a character that will always be around and they will keep making Batman films until the movies stop making money so new actors will play him no matter what...even if you cast a younger actor now.

Plus I can't help but wonder...were all of you people who are complaining about an older Batman right now complaining when Robert Downey Jr. was announced as Iron Man? Now look...everybody is screaming that they can't see another actor filling his shoes and they want him to KEEP playing Iron Man after years of that announcement. If the actor can look the part, play the part amazingly, then age really means jack.

Urban just doesn't have it for me. I know he talked in a raspy voice in Dredd and all, but I just don't see him as Batman. It's not that he wouldn't be capable of playing the role, I just don't see him being the guy to follow Bale. I wouldn't complain at all if he was though, as I love the guy.

What I like about Brolin is he has this sort of "vacant" look to him, yet you know there's stuff going on beneath the surface. I like that for Bruce Wayne. Much more than the obvious "crazy eyes" of a guy like Wes Bentley.

And out of the all the current round of names going around, his name has a certain prestige to it. He's been in Best Picture winning and nominated films. He has the pedigree, the look and the maturity that they're 'supposedly' looking for. Gosling has the accolades too, but he doesn't fit the bill for an older Batman. Plus, I've been against Gosling as Batman since before TDKR came out and that hasn't changed...so there's that.

Curious, before Bale was announced to play Batman for Batman Begins, was he ever considered a fan favorite for the role? Did he have his fair share of critics that didn't want him for the role before he was picked?

rdj's character where's a mech suit. it's not the same thing.

i personally don't have a problem with brolin as batman, but as a whole, I'm not quiet sure what wb is trying to do. given the news that snyder will speak to frank miller, they seem to b pretty adamant in making very much a live adaptation of tdk returns. which, I'm not overly fond of them doing at this present time. it just seems like an odd pairing particularly if they're trying to established a dccu.

Curious, before Bale was announced to play Batman for Batman Begins, was he ever considered a fan favorite for the role? Did he have his fair share of critics that didn't want him for the role before he was picked?

i wasn't here for that, but it's been mentioned in some of the threads that he was the runaway fan favorite.

Bale may be the rare case, alongside Patrick Stewart as Charles Xavier, where a heavily mentioned name by fans actually got the superhero part they were fantasy casting him for.

It was pretty much Bale, or nothing back then. He was the undoubted fan favourite amongst the majority of the consensus, and it was pretty much euphoria when he was eventually cast.

Cavill getting the Supes role was also pretty similar to Bale getting Bats, as he was probably the majority's favourite, and when he was cast, was greeted similar to how Bale was as Bats.

I'm all for Karl Urban.

Having Harry Lennix voice Batman for the announcement though kinda made me think offbeat. How much blood would people here vomit if they did cast a black guy?

Bale was very much running the casting threads back in the day. However he was also fresh off of films like Equillib and American Psycho, these in part fueled the idea that he would be great for Wayne/Bats.

I don't think many of these choices with the exception of maybe Brolin(with oldboy) have that sort of advantage in this case.

Nobody was suggesting Brolin before the rumors started. I've seen lots of people here and elsewhere talking Gosling for quite awhile.

A few odd people have suggested Brolin before...we laughed...they hung...oh well. BROLIN FTW :oldrazz:

Richard Armitage is close to the total package.
In all the years of scouting the actors....Richard is the one who comes closest to hitting the bullseye.

Age, Height, Hair, Look, Vocal Range, Acting Depth, Acting Range.
Willingness to sign on to multiple picture deal. Belivabilty while dressing up in a ludicrous Costume. (Dwarf...Man in Rubber Bat Suit)

All they need to do is just have him sign on the line.

Since Comic-Con’s reveal, lots of rumors are speculating about the next “Man of Steel” sequel to be “Batman vs. Superman.”

BatmanOnFilm has been working around the clock to get more details on this movie. And according to that site’s sources (stating it’s more than one and less than ten unnamed people), an older actor will be targeted to play the Dark Knight.

So it means that Joseph Gordon-Levitt is definitely out if this rumor is true.

And the site stated a few names, including Josh Duhamel, Jude Law, Gerard Butler, Josh Brolin, Jon Hamm, Brad Pitt, Ben Affleck and Jim Caviezel.

http://latino-review.com/2013/08/02/...n-vs-superman/

All wild rumors, a case of speculation running rampant.

Jude Law turned down role of General Zod, offered to him by Bryan Singer saying that he was not interested in cbm's, I doubt that he will agree to play Batman in three movies.

Ben Afleck has already turned down the idea to star in (and direct a cbm ) a Superman movie, I cannot imagine why he would change his mind now.

Brad Pitt it is just not right for Batman.

Josh Brolin is looking Old nowadays, unless they want him to play Batman in only ONE movie, he is out.

Gerrard Butler ? I dunno, looks like they have run out of decent choices.

Jon Hamm ? He had expressed lack of interest to play Superman two years ago, now after adding two more years to his age, what makes fans hopeful that he will sign up for Batman for next eight years, especially in a three ring circus equivalent of colorful ensemble movie like Justice League.

Last edited:

ЯɘvlveR;26550841 said:
i wasn't here for that, but it's been mentioned in some of the threads that he was the runaway fan favorite.

Yes he was FAR and AWAY the fan favorite.

I personally would have never thought of Brolin in a million years. But that's cause like everyone else I assumed they'd be going younger with the rebooted Batman.

The possibility of them going older makes it a whole new ballgame.

Brad Pitt, Jude Law, Gerard Butler. My goodness this is worse than Mila Kunis as catwoman. This is terrible!

I hope they aren't seriously considering Butler. If they are, that's embarrassing.

Brad Pitt, Jude Law, Gerard Butler. My goodness this is worse than Mila Kunis as catwoman. This is terrible!
I dont believe any of those names are seriouly being considered.
Relax .
All is well.

I can see it now, Josh Brolin (Diane Lane's ex husband)and Cavill together, it would be a disaster of epic proportions, good luck to those who support him. :doh:

I am Out.

People should stop acting like they know what the dynamics are of Brolin and Lane's relationship are. Michael C. Hall and Jennifer Carpenter are divorced and they've been acting alongside each other for the past two years (in crazy intense scenes mind you). Brolin and Lane wouldn't likely even need to share the screen. They'd just have to tolerate the other's presence at the table read and promotional tour of the movie.

If it's a major issue, Brolin simply wouldn't take the part.

What I want to know is... has WB even reached out to any of these guys for the role? Does anyone know if they're even interested?

After Jonah Hex, I'm wondering if Brolin wants to steer clear of cbms. I hope so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"