BvS Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't he playing Penny's boyfriend on the big bang theory at some point?

Would it be weird knowing Kaley Cuoco his Henry Cavill's ex?

It pains me to say this, but I would take Bomer over Brolin anyday.

tumblr_inline_mh004mIHbA1qglljb.gif

tumblr_inline_mgzzhtZXyH1qglljb.gif

I will say this...I pretty much trust Snyder's casting implicitly. I have confidence he'll choose the right guy even if it's not someone I can currently envision, and I hope others will give him the same benefit of the doubt.

But something tells me a lot of people are gonna freak out in the most typical, sadly predictable fanboy fashion.

gotta update my sig, but there are only 4 people I see really taking over as Batman

1. Liam McIntyre: I've really warmed up to the idea of him in the role, he's at a more preferred age that would see him in the role for quite a few movies including a Justice League film and not have people really question him being there due to age, also I finally started watching Spartacus and I think its a good show lol.

2. Josh Brolin: .......he's ****ing Josh Brolin, what more is needed to be said

3. Karl Urban: I thought he had a Bruce Wayne look and attitude in RED 1, and then I saw he could do the voice and be a bad ass in DREDD.

4. Matt Bomer.....simply cause I've supported the guy for so long, I'm not gonna turn away now

just my 2 cents on that :p

I know how important playing Batman correctly is, but I really hope the actor can look like Bruce Wayne as well. That's why I bring up an unlikely choice like Trucco for example. That's why I liked Bale overall. He could pass as both very well. It is also why I'd be skeptical of an Urban. No doubt he could play Batman, but the Bruce Wayne part? hmm. Even against a much more unknown actor, Urban just seems Cavemanish.

2i9oz5w.png

VS
priest-comic-con-maggie-q-paul-bettany-07.jpg

Josh Brolin- Fantastic actor, looks a lot like I imagine a live action Bruce looking like, perfect voice, has a big build that can be improved on. He's kinda short, and in a few years he's going to start looking really old, but for now he's my top choice

Joe Manganiello- great look for Batman, great voice, can act well but won't blow Bale's performance out of the water

Ryan Gosling- Could give us an amazing performance, but has a bad voice for Batman and doesn't really look like him either

Matthew Goode- this choice is interesting but not really exciting. He has the height and the acting chops but his face doesn't say Batman at all to me, i hope he doesn't get it

Max Martini- this is easily the worst option on the list I hope to god he doesn't get it, I will boycott the film

Richard Armitage- I don't know how his American accent would be, but he has the height and acting chops, but not really the look, i think he's simply too ugly for the role, he's not an ugly guy but Batman should be better looking than Armitage. It's his nose that's really distracting, his other features aren't attractive enough to make up for his nose. I really hope he doesn't get it, I hate his look for Batman, and wouldn't buy him as a ladies man.

Josh Brolin, Joe Manganiello, Ryan Gosling, Matthew Goode, Richard Armitage, Max Martini, in that order

I just want a Batman I can picture doing body shots with. :o

The freakouts will be so good, lol....I wonder who here is most prone to freakoutery...which of us will it be, Lord?

Is it I, Lord? :shock

Josh Brolin- Fantastic actor, looks a lot like I imagine a live action Bruce looking like, perfect voice, has a big build that can be improved on. He's kinda short, and in a few years he's going to start looking really old, but for now he's my top choice

Joe Manganiello- great look for Batman, great voice, can act well but won't blow Bale's performance out of the water

Ryan Gosling- Could give us an amazing performance, but has a bad voice for Batman and doesn't really look like him either

Matthew Goode- this choice is interesting but not really exciting. He has the height and the acting chops but his face doesn't say Batman at all to me, i hope he doesn't get it

Max Martini- this is easily the worst option on the list I hope to god he doesn't get it, I will boycott the film

Richard Armitage- I don't know how his American accent would be, but he has the height and acting chops, but not really the look, i think he's simply too ugly for the role, he's not an ugly guy but Batman should be better looking than Armitage. It's his nose that's really distracting, his other features aren't attractive enough to make up for his nose. I really hope he doesn't get it, I hate his look for Batman, and wouldn't buy him as a ladies man.

Josh Brolin, Joe Manganiello, Ryan Gosling, Matthew Goode, Richard Armitage, Max Martini, in that order

No you ****ing won't.

Hey I'd accept Urban as Batman. I just think it would be good to have someone that looks more like Bruce Wayne as well. Again, kind of caveman'ish

Someone needs to dabble into gene splicing and create the PERFECT superhero casting he shall be an amalagamation of Bale/Keaton/Fassbender/Elba/Cumberbatch/Gosling/Cavill/RDJ/Hemsworth. :twisted:

2. Josh Brolin: .......he's ****ing Josh Brolin, what more is needed to be said

It's this sort of attitude that almost makes me want to see Brolin cast even more, haha.

I bet most people who are adamantly against Brolin are huge fans of Keaton's Batman, which is painfully ironic.

Someone needs to dabble into gene splicing and create the PERFECT superhero casting he shall be an amalagamation of Bale/Keaton/Fassbender/Elba/Cumberbatch/Gosling/Cavill/RDJ/Hemsworth. :twisted:

Cavill and Hemsworth truly fit the look of their characters perfect. Amazing.

Brolin and Armitage are my favs from the list.

Chances are it'll be nobody from there though.

And im curious for this alleged trilogy WB have In mind. An older actor taking on all this?
There's a rumored trilogy?

I heard the plan is to do a couple of crossovers with this guy then proceed into Batman Beyond set 30-35 years later in the "MOS universe".

only thing is brolin is more in russel crowe's age range than henry's lol

The guy who's played the voice of Batman in the anime TDKR didn't he play Robocop?

There's a rumored trilogy?

I heard the plan is to do a couple of crossovers with this guy then proceed into Batman Beyond set 30-35 years later in the "MOS universe".

I suppose if Justice League or Trinity is the third film here, that could complete a Superman/DCU trilogy of sorts?

It's hard for me to go against Brolin only because he is one of my favorite actors. I do think he's a bit long in the tooth for this if we are venturing out to more films such as JL.

I still find it absurd they are really even going to "cast" anyone at this point when there's (more than likely) not even a script for any actor to look at.

The only way I'd have a serious freak out is if they cast Joe Manganiello.

Otherwise, I'd take whatever actor they choose.

It depends if they are 100% set on the age or not ahead of time for the script. Otherwise this is the big scale type of movie some actors would get involved with not needing to see the finished script.

I still find it absurd they can even "cast" anyone at this point when there's (more than likely) not even a script for any actor to look at.

Considering they're in pre-production already according to Goyer, there's most likely a script or close to one. At the very least they've cracked the story and can pitch that.

One thing about Goyer...he may not be the most eloquent writer, but the guy works FAST.

Watch everyone be wrong and Sam Worthington gets cast or something lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"