BvS Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to have Bale back. I think it instantly gives the film more credibility.

alec1.jpg
too old? :o

It's going to be Joel Edgerton. Not my top choice, but WB is going to choose him!

Some people thought my idea of casting an African-American as Batman was off the wall. However back in 1974 DC Comics accepted Muhammad Ali as part of the list of possible actors for Superman.

I'm Maluka.

When it's superman, I understand Clark is just a mask. Because superman is indeed an alien with superpowers. I would say only Kal-El is his true face.

But Batman... Bruce Wayne is Bruce Wayne. He wears a suit and fights against the crime as a job, like a policeman. But I won't say Bruce Wayne is just a persona.
If "Batman" quits, there's still Bruce Wayne.

In both L&C and at least for a time in the comics Clark clearly thought of Clark as his true identity. Clark is not a mask. It is who he was raised as, who he was. True, arguably even in L&C "Clark Kent" does put a false face to those who works with, but as he tells Lois when she first learns CK=SM "Clark is who I am, Superman is what I can do."

Hm, I've written somewhere they could take a black bruce wayne...
But it seems people were not ok with this idea...

In both L&C and at least for a time in the comics Clark clearly thought of Clark as his true identity. Clark is not a mask. It is who he was raised as, who he was. True, arguably even in L&C "Clark Kent" does put a false face to those who works with, but as he tells Lois when she first learns CK=SM "Clark is who I am, Superman is what I can do."

Yeah, I understand that.
But it's because he has been raised on earth, like any other human being.
Superman is his name when he wears the suit to fight against the villains.

But his true self is Kal-El, a kryptonian (who come from Krypton) with super powers. It's not really Clark Kent. He feels more like Clark, of course. (Pa Kent and Ma Kent gave him his name, treated him like their son...etc)

But my point was to show the true self of Batman is not necessary to be the fighter. He is Bruce Wayne.
And contrary to superman, he does not have nothing to hide (I mean, no superpowers).
As Superman said, "superman is what I can do". Batman is what Bruce Wayne can do.
So, to me, the most important is to be a good Bruce Wayne.

Last edited:
On the "Bruce Wayne is not a mask" idea. I got the impression in "batman Begins" that Bruce Wayne was a total mask. The millionaire-playboy who does not care about crime as long as he can have fun and get women image that Bruce was projecting was false. In a lot of ways far falser than the socially clueless, klutz who would take a woman in an $800 dress for hamburgers that Clark Kent was in STM. Although I think I will probably revert back to the L&C, Clark is as much after the good as Superman model. That was why I disliked that Lois figures out based on a touch in L&C. Never mind if a touch could do it, she should have figured out in like the 7th episode, because that is when Clark and Superman first touch her in that way, both of them, only a short time apart. However at one point in Season 2 of L&C Lois outright says to Clark about Superman "he is a lot like you" and goes on to explain how they have the same motivations and goals. She should have clued in then.

I am so glad in MOS Lois figured out, and can't wait for her to expose Batman in MOS 2.

Talking about a black Bruce Wayne is pointless because it isn't going to happen. It just isn't.

WTH with Liam's eyes? O_O
They're weird!!
It looks like a...well, I won't what.
And you say Matt Bomer'eyes look too effeminate??
You're kidding me???

Last edited:
Agreed king666. I'm ready for a new voice, a new suit, a new Gotham, new Batmobile. I don't even want to see the tumbler or Nolan's Gotham again, I want something new. We've been in that universe for almost ten years

Agreed king666. I'm ready for a new voice, a new suit, a new Gotham, new Batmobile. I don't even want to see the tumbler or Nolan's Gotham again, I want something new. We've been in that universe for almost ten years

Same here. Wasn't expecting to see a reboot so soon though -- not that I'm complaining.

Drop 50 million like RDJ. Not because I think he did what RDJ did for Iron Man, but because the audiences will be happy to see a familiar face, the fans can be happy to see someone with acting ability donning the role, and the hardcore more nitpicky ones can finally see what Bale looks like as a Batman that will probably be closer to the source material.

I personally think the audiences would watch Batman with any actor in it. But Bale brings the implied history of Nolan with it, and a predefined emotional attachment to that character. A simple line or two can explain why he's back, but has entrusted Gotham with a protector.

He still isn't my first choice, but he's the choice with the least amount of backlash. And W/F will suffer from the initial MOS backlash from the get-go.

If they're going with an older Batman, I really hope they go with Jeffrey Dean Morgan. But Brolin is awesome, too. My #1 choice is still Joe Manganiello though.

It's going to be Joel Edgerton. Not my top choice, but WB is going to choose him!
Not to be a prude but Joel looks nothing like a playboy Bruce Wayne, I'm surprised you didn't just right off the bat (no pun intended) and say you want Benedict Cumberbatch (geez what a name!)

Nobody disses Cumby. He's a great actor and any film would be lucky to have him. (No I don't want him as Batman)

I would love to have Bale back. I think it instantly gives the film more credibility.

I was thinking if hypothetically the Superman/Batman film under-performs expectations and there isn't a great reaction to the new Batman actor (which is a real possibility given the history of re-casts). I wonder if WB would feel big pressure to bring bale back into the fold at all costs?

Sort of like the first time connery left Bond and the franchise did everything to get him back after Lazenby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"