BvS Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do the stars of decent to mediocre TV shows always get suggested? So far I've already seen actors from the once entertaining but now absurd True Blood, the blandtacular Hell on Wheels and the not as great as some think it is Walking Dead mentioned on here. I've never watched Teen Wolf but that's because the trailers looked awful or White Collar because procedurals don't appeal to me so I could be wrong on those. Seems like there would be scheduling conflicts with most of these guys though and most of them work okay on tv shows because they have fairly ensemble casts. I couldn't see any of these guys carrying a big movie (throw David Boreanaz into that pile too) not to mention a lot of them are either too young or too old for the part.
I hate that too, I mean really Jon Hamm?! he might star in a semi-successful cable drama but he isn't a household name. And most of these names like Boreanaz and what's his face Pacific Rim dude are just fanboys wetdreams.

^ and I'd hang myself if Zak Efron were cast as Robin!

^ and I'd hang myself if Zak Efron were cast as Robin!

Dream cast:

Coming in 2015 by Zack Snyder..
JLA.jpg

BAt_Laut.jpg

Isn't Cavill like 35. So that means Batman has to be pushing on 40. Jon Hamm seems an obvious choice :( But then again if Robin is thrown in and that photo I posted is real it must be an origin story therefore Batman will be younger.

lol

I remember seeing Hoechlin as a child actor in The Road to Perdition and thinking, "When this kid grows up, he might be able to pull off a solid Bruce Wayne or Nightwing", so it's interesting that he might be in the running for the new role. That said, I don't know what his acting chops are like these days.

From what I've seen on Teen Wolf, I'm convinced he could pull off a solid Batman. As for Bruce Wayne I am not 100% convinced but he is relatively unknown (at least in my eyes) so I would not be opposed.

Wow...even R-Patz over 'Butt munch' Radcliffe.

Why do the stars of decent to mediocre TV shows always get suggested? So far I've already seen actors from the once entertaining but now absurd True Blood, the blandtacular Hell on Wheels and the not as great as some think it is Walking Dead mentioned on here. I've never watched Teen Wolf but that's because the trailers looked awful or White Collar because procedurals don't appeal to me so I could be wrong on those. Seems like there would be scheduling conflicts with most of these guys though and most of them work okay on tv shows because they have fairly ensemble casts. I couldn't see any of these guys carrying a big movie (throw David Boreanaz into that pile too) not to mention a lot of them are either too young or too old for the part.

But we're a bunch of fans suggesting ideas. Who knows for sure what direction WB is going in? NObody knows how old or young, big name/fresh name/almost there name, or whatever other factor is involved. Everyone is throwing out picks to have fun until the official announcement is made. We have no sway over the actual decision. :doh:

Sure we do, say if they cast someone really idiotic as Batman we could email them send them letter telling them they are making a bad decision. We pay them, we are their bosses so they have to listen to us..

LOL! That's not how it works at all.

Sure we do, say if they cast someone really idiotic as Batman we could email them send them letter telling them they are making a bad decision. We pay them, we are their bosses so they have to listen to us..

So you're saying if that photo of you you've been passing around picks up traction and you get cast this is what we should do?

No to 40 + actors.

For example, take the case of Jeffrey Donovan, he is 45, can he play Batman for another ten years (five-six movies ?)

And, most important thing, How will he look on screen with Henry Cavill, there's a huge age gap here.

ITnKNPv.jpg

x9BbtST.jpg

Cumberbatch is, by tradition, suggested for every role. See sig.

...keep that BAD ACTING PIECE OF CRAP AWAY FROM BATMAN!!! And cumberbach is too ugly to play batman no offense.

I'd be down with Oscar Isaac if he could beef up. Edgar Ramirez wouldnt be bad he's kinda short at 5'10 tho

I think someone from the ages 28-38 would be an appropriate age. No younger or older.

So no Fassbender? Good.

sure we do, say if they cast someone really idiotic as batman we could email them send them letter telling them they are making a bad decision. We pay them, we are their bosses so they have to listen to us..

oh man. What it must be like to be you.

In all reality, Fassbender, Karl Urban and Ryan Gosling would be great choices. Actors with serious chops.

i don't think there's a clear front runner to play batman right now. before batman begins, bale seemed like an easy choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"