BvS Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be going out on a limb here but what about Cole Hauser for Batman? I know he is 38 but I think he has the build and look to be Bruce/Batman.

Well Batman should be older than Superman someone into late 30s pushing 40.

That Tyler kid looks too young. Plus, Cosmic Book News had so many false MOS reports. I'm supposed to believe them now? I'll admit I'm wrong if they cast the guy. Otherwise, I don't believe it.

Suggested this one a while back. Tom Weston-Jones of BBC America's Copper. I think he could have the right look and he can play dark and intense pretty well.

Tom21.jpg

Why are there so many unknowns being suggested? I really feel we need sort of a gravitas actor for Batman. I really hope they don't go for an unknown or just rising star.

Cavill himself is still sort of in the rising star category or just out of it and i'd like to see him play off someone more veteran, to give the film some balance in that regards. I think the public would take it more seriously as well.

I think they're more likely to go for a big name for Lex if he were in this film.

I think the problem is that most actors who fit the bill and are around Cavill's age are "unknowns" or "up and comers." There aren't many megastars out there who are in their late 20s/early 30s.

Additionally, most of the actors who have been cast in these types of roles weren't huge stars. Even Christian Bale wasn't a household name when he was cast as Batman; he'd been in mostly smaller films and his few attempts at blockbusters (Equilibrium, Reign of Fire) weren't big hits.

If they want older Bats, how about - Matt Dillon ?

_41406130_dillon.jpg

I seriously doubt they'll cast an actor who will be 50 by the time they go into production.

However, that reminds me of another actor who I think could pull it off... Dillon's Crash co-star Ryan Phillippe.

Very underrated actor; delivered standout performances in films like The Way of the Gun, The Lincoln Lawyer and Cruel Intentions. He can definitely play the rich kid with a dark side, as well as a hero. I know he tested for Captain America (which I don't think he was right for). Perhaps he'd be interested in this? I think it's a better fit. He's 38 right now, but looks 10 years younger.

I think the problem is that most actors who fit the bill and are around Cavill's age are "unknowns" or "up and comers." There aren't many megastars out there who are in their late 20s/early 30s.

Additionally, most of the actors who have been cast in these types of roles weren't huge stars. Even Christian Bale wasn't a household name when he was cast as Batman; he'd been in mostly smaller films and his few attempts at blockbusters (Equilibrium, Reign of Fire) weren't big hits.

Well Superman was supposedly 33 in MoS so I don't see any reason we can't expect Batman to be at least in this mid 30's as well? So that stretches the range out somewhat to younger looking late 30's early 40's actors.

Also Bale is a great example of what i'm referring to. He wasn't "household" but already had a great track record and a break-out film. He wasn't some tv actor who had a decent look.

like i said in jla casting thread i really want Michael Fassbender for this film i really dont think we can afford a gamble on an unknown this film is too important

Fasebender is a great actor with a respectable resume not a huge name but a known name and would get the fans and the GA excited he can do charming bruce but also tough intimidating batman and he is only 36 just 6 years older than henry

and both look good side by side
1373644589000-AP-Australia-Man-of-Steel-1307121158_3_4.jpg
15q51sl.jpg

Well Superman was supposedly 33 in MoS so I don't see any reason we can't expect Batman to be at least in this mid 30's as well? So that stretches the range out somewhat to younger looking late 30's early 40's actors.

Also Bale is a great example of what i'm referring to. He wasn't "household" but already had a great track record and a break-out film. He wasn't some tv actor who had a decent look.

Okay.

Any suggestions then? I hate to be rude here, but nothing is more annoying in these threads than someone coming in and telling everyone their choices are bad, but then making no suggestions.

I seriously doubt they'll cast an actor who will be 50 by the time they go into production.

However, that reminds me of another actor who I think could pull it off... Dillon's Crash co-star Ryan Phillippe.

Very underrated actor; delivered standout performances in films like The Way of the Gun, The Lincoln Lawyer and Cruel Intentions. He can definitely play the rich kid with a dark side, as well as a hero. I know he tested for Captain America (which I don't think he was right for). Perhaps he'd be interested in this? I think it's a better fit. He's 38 right now, but looks 10 years younger.

would have been a better choice than Chris Evans! Horrible choice! But thats for another thread

They casted the MOS movie well. So I'm cautiously optimistic they'll do a good job casting Batman.

would have been a better choice than Chris Evans! Horrible choice! But thats for another thread

Seriously? I thought Evans was perfect.

Anyway though... I think Phillippe is better at darker characters, which is why I had a hard time picturing him as Cap. But I can see him as Batman. I'm not sure, but I almost feel like he was one of the names being thrown around by the suits at WB for Batman a while back. But I might be wrong about that.

I know he wont come back but Bale was a very good Batman and he is the majority choice of who fans want. I wish WB would wiggle a 30M+ contract in his face and get him to come back but I know it would mean him doing JLA and the new Batman reboot as well. The names mentioned so far, Tyler Hoechlin, Jensen Ackles, Ryan Gosling, Matt Bomer all would make for a good Batman. I think Jensen or Matt Bomer would be the best out of those 5. When Ben Affleck was rumored for directing JLA people said he would want to play a character as well so why not Ben for Bruce?? He can pull of the Suave look and he was the best thing about Daredevil other than MCD.

Affleck? Eh, I like him (as an actor and even more as a director) but I don't think that would happen. If he wasn't interested in directing these films, I seriously doubt he'd consider acting in them.

Okay.

Any suggestions then? I hate to be rude here, but nothing is more annoying in these threads than someone coming in and telling everyone their choices are bad, but then making no suggestions.

Ideally Fassbender would be great but Fox has him locked-up. Matt Bomer is another actor who I think would be fine. Yes he is in TV but he seems to have name recognition beyond the reach of just his show. The same goes for Michael C. Hall.

The truth is i'm not great with casting as that's not my job. I just hope the folks at WB can find a suitable actor who has a decent pedigree.

Half of these no-namers you guys are posting are mediocre tv actors that look like they would look good in a suit as Bruce Wayne, we need not just a nice face and physique we need a pure talent which most of these guys are not.

I don't think Matt Bomer has much recognition outside of TV. Other than White Collar, has he done anything that's made him a household name? He had bit parts in In Time and Magic Mike.

I was looking up actors who could fit Batman's 6'3 height and Alexander Skarsgard is the right height at 6'4. Maybe WB could give him a shot

Half of these no-namers you guys are posting are mediocre tv actors that look like they would look good in a suit as Bruce Wayne, we need not just a nice face and physique we need a pure talent which most of these guys are not.

Yes, because TV actors never have any talent whatsoever.

We need someone like Henry Cavill who never appeared on a TV show.

Affleck? Eh, I like him (as an actor and even more as a director) but I don't think that would happen. If he wasn't interested in directing these films, I seriously doubt he'd consider acting in them.

It was a rumor and he never said he would direct JLA. I could see him directing if he was cast as Batman.

I guess it's possible. I don't really see Affleck as Batman but I do think he could direct a bad place of a (solo) Batman film.

I just CANNOT wait to see what HowItShouldHaveEnded does with this news...

... BECAUSE I'M BATMAN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"