Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2

Discussion in 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' started by slumcat, Jul 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThePhantasm

ThePhantasm 2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper

quiet you! :argh:

I know you're right. :csad:

2. Superhero 101

Matt Bomer

3. 113

113 Well-Known Member

Yeah Luke Evans or Matt Bomer for Batman. And yes since Luke worked with Henry already that could be cool to reunite them.

4. ЯɘvlveR

ЯɘvlveR danneB

i honestly think they'll go unknown at this point. it's about the only character in dc that they can afford to go unknown.

5. rogue trooper

rogue trooper Well-Known Member

Aidan Turner
    [​IMG]

6. Pyro Man

Pyro Man Well-Known Member

(Insert TV actor that could never hold his own in a movie, actor already tied down to another superhero movie or overrated prettyboy here)

In all honesty though:

-I'd say Michael Fassbinder if he wasn't Magneto already.
    -Armie Hammer is just too young to me. I feel like Bruce should be a little older than Clark, say 32 or so and have been active as Batman for a couple years in the shadows, just becoming known of to the public and forging his alliance with Gordon.
    - Karl Urban is a touch too old at 41. He's a good actor and I think at one point he would have been great but realistically we want to get World's Finest (or whatever this'll be called), a Justice League movie and a few solo movies out of whoever is Batman in this. I'm worried if he got locked into a contract for 6 movies or what have you we'd end his incarnation on a Roger Moore in A View to a Kill type whimper with a Batman that's pushing 50. I just want an actor with some milage.
    - Ditto for Jon Hamm.
    - Joe Manganiello? No, just no.
    - Charlie Hunnam, I haven't seen Pacific Rim but I like him on Sons of Anarchy. That said, I see him more as Aquaman than Batman.
    - Luke Evans is roughly the right age but I haven't seen enough movies with him to really comment. He really doesn't look like Bruce to me though.

I honestly think we'll get an unknown that we haven't thought of yet.

7. slumcat

slumcat Well-Known Member

He's OK in Pacific Rim. He wasn't given much to work with. He did well enough with what he was given.

8. Pyro Man

Pyro Man Well-Known Member

Oh and this "Get Bale back!" thing? Just no. There's no way these two worlds are compatible and no way to do that without trampling all over The Dark Knight Trilogy's continuity and story. I'm open to suggestions if somebody has a sensible one but I just have not heard a good theory on how you could bring Bale's Batman into this without ruining what came before.

I loved Bale as Batman as much as anyone and I'm glad we could get 3 films out of him (more than any live action Batman) but the reality is that this is a role that has been played by 5 actors in live action on the big screen (8 if you count the two from the serials and Kevin Conroy's performance in Mask of the Phantasm). It has been recast before and it will be recast again and some point down the road the next actor will inevitably leave and be recast himself.

9. slumcat

Gosling would be so horrible. He's smugger than smug and a really monotonous actor. He literally turns every character he plays into a smug *****ebag. I don't think he should could come within 50 feet of a superhero movie, it will tank really hard.

10. slumcat

I think Bale was a fail. You might like the movies but he did not capture the comics for me at all. Not the tutored psycho he is in the comics. And he was not even remotely as badass as he was in the comics. He is a force of nature in comics, but Bale was like a emo whimp, a very sad portrayal of Batman. I want somebody who can give a really aggressive physically threatening performance of Batman. Please no Bale.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
  11. gohei_

gohei_ Infected by Pentapox

Maybe this is the time for Ian Somerhalder to get a second chance at doing the Dark Knight :cwink:

12. BH/HHH

BH/HHH You Are My World

They need Togo with someone more around Cavill's age.

My top pick is still Rob Kazinsky

[​IMG]

13. db85usa

db85usa HeHe!

I think because of Henry Cavill's size (not to harp on it and NOT an issue with me) however I think they need to find someone that has somewhat of a similar size.

With that said, my top choice based on acting chops, and that sort of good guy/bad guy and dark look similar to Bale,

Sam Worthington 36 years old will be 37 next month 5'10

[​IMG]

James Badge Dale 35 years old 5'11

[​IMG]

If age is not a factor, then my third choice would be

Andrew Lincoln 39 years old 5'10

[​IMG]

All of these actors are solid. Chris Pine could be another suggestion, Cillian Murphy. If I had to choose, I would base it on star power, age, look, acting -- I would go with Sam Worthington. James Badge Dale could end up exactly like Christian Bale (not very well known yet but intrigues the audience.) so he would be a solid choice too. I hope they go with someone that can act and not a complete unknown.

14. slumcat

He's a good suggestion. High profile recently with True Blood and Pacific Rim.

Plus he's already in awesome shape.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There was a scene in Pacific Rim where he was looking absolutely enormous and just lording it over the screen. I thought then that this guy could definitely play a superhero. Why not Batman since the role is now up for grabs?

15. Dispatch Ninja

Dispatch Ninja Well-Known Member

Why would bale come back if they're doing a new interpretation of the character? Doesn't make sense. If they were continuing the universe from tdk trilogy then maybe, but they already said they're not.

16. slumcat

Its mutual, they don't want Bale back and Bale also doesn't want to return.

17. DrMylesOBoogie

DrMylesOBoogie Well-Known Member

Firstly, I'd love it to be Bale but if not Jon Hamm be my first choice. But it will probably be Jake Gyllenhaal. Goyer liked him for Begins. Armie Hammer and Michael Fassbender have to be strong candidates too.

18. DrMylesOBoogie

DrMylesOBoogie Well-Known Member

I don't agree that Hamm is too old. Look at some of the actors that have played Bond.

19. GermanRaider

GermanRaider Musical Superhero

Maybe it's the German in me speaking, but Michael Fassbender would be a great choice!

[​IMG]

20. db85usa

db85usa HeHe!

Magneto as Batman? Alrighty then...

21. GermanRaider

GermanRaider Musical Superhero

No. Michael Fassbender as Batman. :whatever:

22. WarriorDreamer

WarriorDreamer Well-Known Member

Micheal Fassbender or Jon Hamm. Prefferably Micheal Fassbender, given he dies his hair black. ;)

23. WarriorDreamer

WarriorDreamer Well-Known Member

I think one of the main reasons people want to have Bale back is of course because they liked the Dark Knight trilogy, but also because they want to see Amy and Anne share the screen together as Lois and Catwoman, lol.

24. Eddie Dean

Eddie Dean Mr. Jackpots

Clint Eastwood

25. db85usa

db85usa HeHe!

And what if Henry Cavill played Iron Man. Do you think that would be awesome, too? :whatever:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.