BvS Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone is doubting Gosling as an actor or what he would bring to the role of Bruce Wayne/Batman, it's just (in my eyes) he's too popular now.

I agree. Mr. eyebrows. When Superman takes a "peak" through that cowl to see who's behind the mask the first thing he's gonna be shocked by is those bushy eyebrows.
:lmao:

I'll say this in a not nice and blunt manner, I don't want an actor from that awful Teen Wolf show playing ****ing Batman. The acting on that show ranges from bad to mediocre. The movie comes out in 2015, there is no time to find out if Hoechlin is a decent enough big screen adult actor.

He's like an uglier and hairer version of Sean William Scott.

"But he was good in Road to Perdition!" That's all I keep hearing as if he just played in that film 2 years ago. No he was a decent freakin child actor, that does not mean that he is a good adult actor and that does not mean that he is right for Batman. I mean should Lindsay Lohan play Catwoman because she was a good child actor? The answer is no.

I'm a level headed person so I'm not pretending that Cavill has shown himself to be the worlds greatest actor but most agree that he was right for the role and did a good job.

Hoechlin has not proven a damn thing, he has not proven that he has the presence to carry a big budget movie and he hasn't proven to be some great television actor either. Even looks wise I don't think he is great for the role. He's handsome and has striking eyes but I need more than that.

I understand that people have their opinions on who should be cast and I respect that but I will never understand the Hoechlin thing. I do give mad props to Hoechlin's people for getting their client's name out their by spreading a b.s rumor.
That's some grade A promotion right there.

The only way I'd accept Hoechlin being cast is if Synder came out and said that he gave the best audition ever. I'd still want to pull my hair out but I'd give him a shot.

RANT OVER

Untitled-1_zps96c4dc49.jpg~original

"But he was good in Road to Perdition!" That's all I keep hearing as if he just played in that film 2 years ago. No he was a decent freakin child actor, that does not mean that he is a good adult actor and that does not mean that he is right for Batman. I mean should Lindsay Lohan play Catwoman because she was a good child actor? The answer is no.

I'm a level headed person so I'm not pretending that Cavill has shown himself to be the worlds greatest actor but most agree that he was right for the role and did a good job.

Hoechlin has not proven a damn thing, he has not proven that he has the presence to carry a big budget movie and he hasn't proven to be some great television actor either. Even looks wise I don't think he is great for the role. He's handsome and has striking eyes but I need more than that.

I understand that people have their opinions on who should be cast and I respect that but I will never understand the Hoechlin thing. I do give mad props to Hoechlin's people for getting their client's name out their by spreading a b.s rumor.
That's some grade A promotion right there.

The only way I'd accept Hoechlin being cast is if Synder came out and said that he gave the best audition ever. I'd still want to pull my hair out but I'd give him a shot.

RANT OVER

But... he was good in Road to Perdition.

I still think this man has the intensity and subtlety to nail this role. The only concern is the voice and if he wants the role above Luke Skywalker's son. I really don't think the voice will be the problem that people think it's gonna be though....

ryan-gosling-only-god-forgives-new-trailer-061513.jpg

ONLY-GOD-FORGIVES.jpg

I just watched Batman (89) on the glorious Blu-ray for the first time. And this whole movie, Keaton is just not even close to how Bruce Wayne looks. And most of the time it's not how he acts either, until the endish where he starts really feeling more like Wayne, like he's digging into it more. But regardless of that, Keaton does it all brilliantly. He was great. He was an out of the box choice. When he put on the cowl he surprised everyone.

This is how I feel about Gosling but kind of the other way around. He doesn't scream Bruce Wayne in looks but I think his build and some hair dye would make him look more like Wayne than Keaton did. Then you have the playboy billionaire. Keaton played it awkward, Gosling would play it just as well as Bale did (check Crazy Stupid Love).

Then there's brooding Bruce. Check his Refn films (Drive, Only God Forgives). Done.

Now, Batman. Nobody thought Keaton could do it. But he always had intensity. Those eyes. Great actor. And he did it. Gosling has that down. He has dynamics which is needed to play a 3 sided character.

Voice? The quieter batman is, the better. Gosling raised his voice higher in Gangster Squad, if he can do that, he can sure as hell lower it a notch or two when he speaks under the cowl.

The casting will be about the screentest, availability in one's schedule, stardom (maybe, depending on what they want), age (between 29 and 34 seems to be the range), intensity as an actor with range.

It's never been about a guy walking into a room built like an ox or having the perfect voice from the cartoon. Actors can work on those things later. Gosling falls under all the categories I listed, but if his schedule is not open or the screentest doesn't work then there's a few other actors who are just as good.

Im just saying, don't underestimate the Gos!

This post is mainly for people who keep doubting him as the Batman.

Gosling also lowered his voice in Lars and the Real Girl.

I agree. Mr. eyebrows. When Superman takes a "peak" through that cowl to see who's behind the mask the first thing he's gonna be shocked by is those bushy eyebrows.

Heh. The only thing relevant I can say about Hoechlin is that he's a dead ringer for the Batman: Earth One version of Bruce Wayne -- eyebrows and all.

batman_earthone_frank.jpg

I have no idea what his acting chops are like nowadays though.

I think another potential up and comer could be Jack Huston, who's in American Hustle with Bale.

An EarthOne/INC suit could be pretty awesome...

Jeezus people here are pretty harsh haha. I can understand not liking an actor for a role, but I feel it gets pretty overboard and uncalled for to trash their appearance in such a nasty way...it was the same thing with Witwer and his face looking chopped with an axe or something lol. These are still real people and I think they deserve at least a little respect.

Plus, pretty much everyone in Hollywood is good looking to a degree.

Now that my dream of Bale being Batman again is out the window, I'll give some new proposals. A lot of curves, but no throw you haven't seen before.

Edgar Ramirez
220px-DominoPressConfbyVeraAnderson.jpg
edgar_ramirez_image__4_.jpg

Wes Bentley
wes-bentley300x250.jpg
wesbentley_300.jpg

Tom Hardy
hardy.jpg

Bentley's actually a solid actor, and he looks near identical to the comics version of the character.
Good choice, RadioSha.

Wes+Bentley+Premiere+Summit+Entertainment+nfJ_SIkUcdel.jpg

I like Gosling. I really do. I just feel like people keep campaigning for him for all the wrong reasons. Which is because he is a hot commodity right now.

Every time I look up, I see a Gosling mention. Not only that, he is too big of a name for this. I'm pretty sure they're going under the radar ala Cavill.

I really like Coster-Waldau for Batman. Might be too old, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"