BvS Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mat Bomer.

A straight up pretty boy. I think Bruce Wayne should look better than Clark Kent and also he is a playboy. Someone you look and and no way on this earth could he be Batman. That's the disguise far more than the cowl.
My concern is does he have the range to pull of dark and edgy.
Forget physicality and shmuck can go down the gym.

Bomer might be too much of a pretty boy. I have trouble seeing him being dark and tough enough.

Joe Manganiello

joe-manganiello_407.jpg

They'll be about the same when we see them in film. I think he's a great choice, I can't wait to see World's Finest. The announcement was easily the best thing about Comic Con this year. And come on how can anyone not be excited about this. Finally, effing finally Batman and Superman the two greatest heroes ever, on the screen together

Just for context, how long before mos was released did we find out Cavill got the role? Same with Bale and BB if anyone would know.

Just for context, how long before mos was released did we find out Cavill got the role? Same with Bale and BB if anyone would know.
Cavill annouced on 30th Jan 2011. Movie released on 14th June 2013. 2.5 years before. http://www.deadline.com/2011/01/henry-cavill-chosen-as-new-superman/

But the reason for that was because earlier MOS had a December 2012 released date. So they cast 2 years earlier.

That means, they should be announcing Batman in the next 2 months at max.

Batman : Jim Caviezel
Alfred : Geoffrey Rush
Lex Luthor: Matt Damon
Joker: Javier Bardem

Joe Manganiello

joe-manganiello_407.jpg
It will be kind of sweet revenge. He was runner-up to Cavill and couldn't be in MOS. But will still get to be in MOS2.

The big question is, should they cast someone who will top even Cavill's physique in MOS. Shouldn't Superman be the buffest hero of all? Might it not diminish Supes a bit if a human has a better physique?

Huston looks like the pedophile version of Johnny Depp.

LOL

Seriously, there's something about Jack Huston's face that just screams "sex offender" to me.

Sullivan Stapleton(300:Rise of An Empire)
134320411.jpg

How about his buddy Phillip Winchester then? :yay:

He used to be slimmer but now his jaw looks indestructible. LOL! He's the same height as Cavill according to the webs, he's 2 years older than Henry, he's 'Murican (for those that care), blah blah blah...

Dye his hair black and voila! Bruce Wizayne.

Phillip+Winchester+BAFTA+Los+Angeles+2011+t70sXD5t_sDx.jpg

Edit: Just ran a Google search for "Phillip Winchester as Batman" and it returned a comment suggesting the same idea from my new best pal, Rowsdower! from July 2012. Weird.

Last edited:
Na-na-na-na-na... Jack Huston!

a6eb1909-5c4f-4a57-bb74-21a9ab0fb95d_zpsc3acf85f.jpg

I would totally support this.

When an actor stands out on a show as packed with great actors as Boardwalk Empire, you know they're gifted.

Bring on ”the phantom”.

^ I think he'd be a better fit for Riddler or even Joker.

How about his buddy Phillip Winchester then? :yay:

He used to be slimmer but now his jaw looks indestructible. LOL! He's the same height as Cavill according to the webs, he's 2 years older than Henry, he's 'Murican (for those that care), blah blah blah...

Dye his hair black and voila! Bruce Wizayne.

Phillip+Winchester+BAFTA+Los+Angeles+2011+t70sXD5t_sDx.jpg

Edit: Just ran a Google search for "Phillip Winchester as Batman" and it returned a comment suggesting the same idea from my new best pal, Rowsdower! from July 2012. Weird.

Haha, yeah I suggested him for this a while back. Physically, the guy is a powerhouse and his work on Strike Back proved to me he has the right amount of intensity to pull off Bats. Plus, you're spot-on about that jaw. It looks like its made of stone, lol.

I'm kind of digging the Jake G. suggestions I hear.

Do people who suggest Joe Manganiello even watch his work? The guy cannot act. It's actually kind of painful how bad he is.

I am digging the idea of Hugh Dancy.

I'm kind of digging the Jake G. suggestions I hear.

Yeah he seems to be an acclaimed actor who surprisingly hasn't done anything superhero related whatsoever. Plus the fact he wanted to be Batman in the last interpretation bid missed out; kind of like Cavill and Superman Returns.

Lee Pace

lee-pace-300.jpg

He's got a cool deep voice. Versatile actor, and has that classic leading-man look. Very Bruce Wayne-like. Really interested in seeing what he'll do as Ronan The Accuser in Guardians of The Galaxy.

Last edited:
Lee Peace

lee-pace-300.jpg

He's got a cool deep voice. Versatile actor, and has that classic leading-man look. Very Bruce Wayne-like. Really interested in seeing what he'll do as Ronan The Accuser in Guardians of The Galaxy.

Its Lee Pace, but agreed, I think he'd make a great Batman. Looking forward to seeing more of his Thranduil.

I didn't quite catch the name of the guy they got to read the line from The Dark Night Returns, but it kind of made me wonder. What if Snyder went with a black guy for Batman/Bruce Wayne?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"