BvS Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do people who suggest Joe Manganiello even watch his work? The guy cannot act. It's actually kind of painful how bad he is.

I am digging the idea of Hugh Dancy.

Hugh Dancy is tiny.

I didn't quite catch the name of the guy they got to read the line from The Dark Night Returns, but it kind of made me wonder. What if Snyder went with a black guy for Batman/Bruce Wayne?

considering how mostly true to the source material snyder usually is, i doubt hed do that. and the guy he brought up to read the line, Henry Lennix, was the general guy in MOS

-Jim-Caviezel-14-jim-caviezel-32437120-1280-800.png

Jim Caviezel.

I didn't quite catch the name of the guy they got to read the line from The Dark Night Returns, but it kind of made me wonder. What if Snyder went with a black guy for Batman/Bruce Wayne?

Idris elba, but it won't happen.

^ That wasn't Idris Elba; it was Harry Lennox, who, BTW, is way too old for the role at 48 years of age.

considering how mostly true to the source material snyder usually is, i doubt hed do that. and the guy he brought up to read the line, Henry Lennix, was the general guy in MOS

Oh it was that guy. Yeah, that kinda rules him out. lol

Though he did change Perry's race and changing race itself wouldn't necessarily make it not true to the source material if the character is still essentially the same.

I think we'll get a Batman who is in his mid to late 30's. He will be well established as Bruce Wayne, CEO of Wayne Enterprises, a kind of celebrity businessman bachelor.

I have to admit, I really think Nikolaj Coster-Waldau would be a pretty interesting pick to play Batman. Yeah, he'll be 43 soon, but I think he could easily play the role they need. Keep the unshaven, stubble look for Batman and use that to add to his playboy persona as Bruce Wayne.

CosterWaldauGameofThrones.jpg

nikolaj-coster-waldau.jpg

I'd more than welcome Nikolaj. But he's a bit too old for it.

I really think it needs to be somebody between 30 and 35. A lot of the actors people are suggesting are good and would be great if Dark Knight Rises was more open ended and this was a loose continuation of Nolan's Batman (the way that Forever was of Returns for instance) but a lot of these guys are 40 or over and aren't good ideas for a new Batman that's teaming up with a Superman who is just starting out. I don't really want Batman to be THAT much more experienced than Superman. So for me, guys like Karl Urban, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Richard Armitrage, Anson Mount, Jim Caviezel and (ugh) Andrew Lincoln don't make a whole lot of sense and I don't know why people are suggesting them.

Oh it was that guy. Yeah, that kinda rules him out. lol

Though he did change Perry's race and changing race itself wouldn't necessarily make it not true to the source material if the character is still essentially the same.

If they found the right age appropriate black guy (or any race) that just knocked it out of the park I'd be cool with it but I don't want them to just cast somebody that's not white just because its progressive anymore than I want them to cast some pretty boy (looking at you George Clooney in Batman and Robin) just to sell more tickets. I want the best actor for the role, based on their performance ability, enthusiasm to commit to the role and age appropriateness based on the script regardless of any cosmetic factors.

Yea I know, I was just saying if they went for a black batman then idris elba would be pretty cool.

Blackman - The Dark Knight Returns

Snyder would have balls the size of beach balls to cast a black Batman.

How about Scott Adkins for Batman? He is one of our greatest action stars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"