Batman: Dark Justice

Comic Book Boy said:
Hey Robin91939,

Not dissing on your script, but you should know that title is already taken by a cool fan film.

(Not that it CAN'T be re-used, just FYI)
What fan film?
Didn't know this.

-R

Robin91939 said:
What fan film?
Didn't know this.

-R

Batman Dark Justice

(2003) fan movie

Directed by:
Aaron Schoenke

Genre:
Action

Plot Summary:
Unable to trust a voilatile situation to his own police force, COMMISSIONER JAMES GORDON recruits THE BATMAN for a special mission.

poster.jpg

Stryker said:
Batman Dark Justice

(2003) fan movie

Directed by:
Aaron Schoenke

Genre:
Action

Plot Summary:
Unable to trust a voilatile situation to his own police force, COMMISSIONER JAMES GORDON recruits THE BATMAN for a special mission.

poster.jpg
Oh well, its only a "working title" anyhow.

-R

HERE are a few more pages...I've been really busy so I might get back to updating more frequently.

INT. WAYNE MANOR FOYAR. DAY.

ALFRED is walking up the long elegant staircase. The sun is flowing beautifully in from the large window pains and shimmers on contact with the marble floor and railing. He carries a silver serving tray with a glass containing a green vitamin shake.

INT. BRUCE’S BEDROOM. DAY.

The large doors to the master bedroom open and ALFRED walks to the bedside of BRUCE WAYNE. In contrast to the bright halls of the mansion WAYNE’s bedroom is a dark hole, a sanctuary of shadows. Alfred places the tray on the night table and walks to the drapes and draws them open. Light peeks through at first and then floods and permeates the room, chasing away the shadows. BRUCE, wipes his eyes, and raises his head.

BRUCE
What time did I get in last night?

ALFRED
Night sir? That bloody car didn’t barrel in until well past 5 a.m.

BRUCE
What time is it now?

ALFRED
Well past 4 I fear. I called MR. FOX, you are at the country club for the day.

The two share a look as we get the feeling this isn’t the first time, this has happened.

BRUCE (smiling)
People are going to start wondering why my handicap is so high with all the time I put in on the course.

ALFRED
MASTER WAYNE, it is a wonder how you do many of the things that you do.

[INT]. ICEBERGE BACK OFFICE. NIGHT.
A familiar scene, as we see three men in a dimly lit office. TONY ZUCCO, ROMAN SIONIS, and OSWALD COBBLEPOT. COBBLEPOT sits behind his large desk with his elbows resting in front of him, with his hands clasped together, smoking a cigarette. ROMAN SIONIS, as always, stands behind COBBLEPOT in the shadows, and ZUCCO sits, jittery, in the chair in front of the desk.

ZUCCO
No. No, he ain’t gonna cooperate.

COBBLEPOT
What do you mean, isn’t going to cooperate?

ZUCCO
Ya’ know the type boss, thinks everyone’s gotta be honest.

COBBLEPOT (Smiling)
Well then, Mister ZUCCO…teach him how to lie.

The two men share a glance and a demented smile in agreement.

[INT]. GOTHAM CITY WAREHOUSE. NIGHT.
The gunfire is deafening. Bullets ricochet of metal and we see BATMAN leaning behind an iron beam. The gunfire stops.

THUG
Where’d he go?

THUG #2
Shattap will ya?
The men, 6 of them, stand with their guns, listening intently for the BATMAN. A sound is heard in the rafters. They raise their guns. The first thug ***** his gun and proceeds through the room. He walks over toward the beam that the BATMAN is using for cover. He inches closer, removing one hand from the gun to wipe sweat from his brow. He refocuses himself, and swiftly glances around the beam…nothing. He looks up, nothing. Another sound is heard from the other side of the room, the men raise their guns.

THUG #3
He’s screwin with us.

THUG #2
Just try and calm down, he wants us to be scared.

Just then from out of the shadows a small gas pellet rolls into the middle of the room. It comes to a stop.

THUG #1
The hell is that?

The pellet bursts and gas begins to fill the room. The BATMAN propels himself from out of the shadows. He systematically removes the guns from each enemy, disarming them. In a blinding fit of fury the 6 men start to drop in his weight. We see only bits of the display through the think fog of the room. The smoke clears and the BATMAN stands poised amongst the fallen.

SIONIS
Last time.
A man steps out of the darkness, the darkness the BATMAN uses to his advantage. ROMAN SIONIS steps out, wielding a machine gun. For the first time, the BATMAN, is caught off guard.

SIONIS (Cont’d)
This is the last time you will interfere with our plans.

BATMAN (to self)
Our?

He clenches the trigger and bullets pour out. The BATMAN jumps back, into the shadows, and behind a group of crates. The bullets are halted by the think group of boxes, but only for the moment. The bullets begin to tear through. The BATMAN sits there, counting the shots left in the round. He simultaneous draws a bat-a-rang from his utility belt, holding it, ready.

BATMAN
17, 16, 15…
The bullets stop, ROMAN begins to reload.

BATMAN (Cont’d)
NOW!

BATMAN reveals himself from the crates, rears back and slings the metal at the gun, knocking it from ROMAN’s hands. The large man, wearing the black mask charges at the BATMAN.

BATMAN (to self)
That’s right, get close.

The two large men exchange blows. The BATMAN throws a right to the torso of ROMAN. ROMAN trades it for a right of his own to BATMAN’s jaw, sending him back. Then, before he can gather himself, ROMAN slams into him, taking him through a wood beam. BATMAN falls to his back, ROMAN on top of him, pinning his arms down with his knees, unleashing a fury of punches to the DARK KNIGHT’s head.

ROMAN
You damn freak, die. DIE!

Sirens are heard in the distance.

ROMAN (cont’d)
****. You’re lucky.

He takes one last shot to the BATMAN’s face. And stands and runs back into the darkness. Everything goes black.

[INT]. WAREHOUSE. NIGHT.

JIM GORDON is the first man to arrive at the scene.

-R

Reads great. I certainly am enjoying it. Do you have any plans to turn it into a fanfilm one day?

Mr. Socko said:
Reads great. I certainly am enjoying it. Do you have any plans to turn it into a fanfilm one day?
Nah, I havn't the time, money or equipment to do something like that.

Right now, I guess it's just practice and for fun.

-R

UPDATE:

GORDON
Are you alright?

BATMAN
…

GORDON
How long have you been here?

BATMAN
A man, in a black mask was here.

[INT]. WAREHOUSE. NIGHT. (cont’d)

GORDON
Why were you?

BATMAN
It’s where the shipment three nights ago was headed. There’s more.

GORDON
More?

BATMAN
Than one man behind this thing. More than just ZUCCO.

GORDON
More than COBBLEPOT too?

BATMAN
Hard to tell right now.

The DARK KNIGHT lifts himself to his feet. GORDON takes a step back as the BATMAN’s cape drapes over his body, shrouding him in darkness.

BATMAN (cont’d)
I’ll look into it.

OFFICER (in backround)
Captain GORDON?

GORDON turns to respond then looks back to where the BATMAN is…he is gone.

GORDON (smiling)
You always do.

[INT.] ICEBERG BACKOFFICE. NIGHT.

COBBLEPOT and SIONIS stand in the office.

COBBLEPOT
He escaped?

SIONIS
Yes, Mr. COBBLEPOT.

[INT.] ICEBERG BACKOFFICE. NIGHT.

COBBLEPOT (cont’d)
Was the goal accomplished?

SIONIS
Yes, Mr. COBBLEPOT. The weapons have been moved to the apartment on 42nd street. Once ZUCCO convincing HALY we’ll move them into the grounds.

COBBLEPOT
How is ZUCCO doing on that?

SIONIS
He hasn’t specified. Said he had something big.

COBBLEPOT
I recall it was his “big” aspirations that landed him under my supervision in the first place.

-R

Also, here's a small outline of how I think things will pan out. It picks up from the fight between Black Mask and Batman that's above:

OUTLINE: DARK JUSTICE

Action beat: Batman fights Black Mask, loses.

Character beat: Batman’s first major defeat. Discusses with Alfred. Alfred raises Batman’s mortality.

Character beat: Bruce Meets Vikki Vale. Invites her to the circus.

Character beat: Bruce explains to Vikki his “eye for talent”.

Action beat: Dick Grayson’s parents are killed.

Character beat: Dick Grayson goes through much of the same processes Bruce Wayne goes through following his parents’ murder.

Character beat: Bruce talks to Gordon about the fate of the boy.

Action beat: Batman fights Black mask again, wins.

Character beat: Penguin fires Black mask for his incompetence. As Black Mask begins to leave towards the back door, Penguin asked for one last favor. He asks Roman to hand him his umbrella, and hopes that there are no hard feelings. Roman does, and as he turns to the door. BANG! A bullet is shot through the barrel of the umbrella…Black Mask falls dead. (“Incompetence will not be tolerated”). Needs to find a replacement. Goes to the best, a mercenary from South America, Bane.

Character beat: Batman goes to the Haly’s Circus fair grounds in his investigation of the smuggling ring. Finds Dick Grayson there. He stops Dick from confronting Zucco. Tells him he’ll train him. Realizing that if he doesn’t Dick will likely get himself killed.
He reveals himself to Dick…tells him he has been looking for an “apprentice”. “Welcome to my world.”

Character Beat: Introduction of Bane.

Action/Character beat: Training sequence with Bruce and Dick in the Batcave, the gym in the manor, and the back field of the manor. Very reflective of Ra’s Al Ghul training Bruce in the Himalayas, the student becomes the teacher.

Action Beat: Batman interrogating several crime lords about the ware bouts of Tony Zucco.

Character Beat: Dick and Alfred scene.

Alfred against the training of dick

Action Beat: Batman supervises the now trained Dick Grayson to Haly’s Circus. He confronts Zucco who is running it as a Racket business for Cobblepot. Bane watches from the shadows.

Character Beat: Bane demands more money from Cobblepot, citing that the Batman’s bounty should be higher. Cobblepot agrees out of fear.

Action Beat: Batman and Bane square off in a rooftop battle, in the rain. After an epic battle of the titans, that has gotten the attention of spectators below; Bane lifts Batman over his head, and prepares to break him. As he brings the Batman down towards his knee he is stopped. Robin saves Batman from certain death. After this event, Batman is inspired and rises through sheer will to beat the unbeatable.

-R

like it, I guess the most difficult thing for you is not copying too much from what has already been done, I am looking t forward to seeing this.:)

warpdrive said:
like it, I guess the most difficult thing for you is not copying too much from what has already been done, I am looking t forward to seeing this.:)
Yeah. With five movies, like 10 video games, 15 years of animated series' and nearly 70 years of comics....it's hard to honor and draw from them, while still creating something unique and new. Projects like this give me new respect for the writers of movies that are, "based on".

-R

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"