Batman fan art thread

RisingForce97

Civilian
Reaction score
I just noticed there wasn't really a fan art thread that wasn't movie related so I'd thought I'd do a Bat-world thread that fits the past movies, or comic books and other interpretations or appearances of the character and is somewhat random.

I just felt like doing my own take on the character for fun and thus I decided to write and create my own Batman story, possibly comic, I tried coming up with some concepts and ideas.

he's supposed to be clinging to a wall with a search light being shone near him. I decided to put together a mixture of like Daredevil, Black panther and metal gear solid suits..

I am not the best at drawing I do not practice or do it very often. I also can't finish anything because of Cronovirus and thus I can't get proper drawing material : (
wVDpCB.jpg

I didn't really care for the way his arms glove turned out so I stopped, and decided to give him different gloves and such.

This turned out alright except the top of his head and the goon grabbing his cape doesn't look dramatic enough.
9x088s.jpg

SCV6Pf.jpg

I like the idea of like "Dick Tracey" look villains somewhat.

I did this for the upcoming Batman movie it was just an idea I had for the Penguin, I always thought "why is he such a decrepit old frail man? what makes him so interesting he's one of his most well known villains but like most of Batman's villains he doesn't really pose a physical threat. I thought then that he should still be quite large kinda fat but a weight lifter and power lifter so he's really strong but not Bane levels. The jacket also isn't completely ripped off on Bane, I was thinking of completely different characters it's only a coincedence. it's also based on real aviation jackets in the military so the fur lining is accurate with weird feathers/fur mixed together. I thought he should be a amateur pilot and own a one of the blimps in Gotham and that's part of his thing. It's actually like the vulture in Spider-man homecoming to be honest
Fb1JLh.jpg

I took this from the lounge thread but this is my basic idea for the back drop of my own
"The idea I had for my own take on Gotham would be for it to be like a character in itself. It would be full of older architecture and have a very old fashioned look to it, but then there's constant pressure from the federal government to re-model and demolish half the city to build high priced condominiums, and expensive real-estate protects and move in more larger corporations.

There's this on-going protect to make to re-model Gotham city (making it gentrified) but the federal and city government are at odds and have it out with each other on a constant and they can't get complete approval for this, but it looks on the consciousness and over Gotham on a continual basis and mounts pressure on regular non-wealthy regular citizens and criminals.Gotham would be this weird mixture of art-deco, old fashioned buildings, architecture with lareas covered in billboards and garish neon lights everywhere that don't mesh with the underlining city itself. There's a slum area that's like something out of a dystopian future) and one area so bad it's sanctioned off and declared almost "lawless" and surrounded by like chain-link fences and barb-wire. Gotham is considered the central hub for organized crime in this fiction America. But despite all this Gotham is still a place where there's opportunities and social mobility which is part of the contributor to it's crime problems.

I also really like the idea of fleshing out the crime world and criminal syndicates that exists. There'd be a conflict and on-going crisis with the old established (but they'd be colorful and a little over the top with like leopard skin dress shirts) organized criminal world and this more new breed of crime syndicates that are outlandish and out of control and originate largely from the slums area of Gotham and quickly infiltrate and start gaining members in it's ranks from all the downtrodden, marginalized and poor areas and demographics of Gotham and become consumed in this specific gang. I imagined there's lots of civil protesting and civil rights movements happening in Gotham at that time which only add or become mixed into the fray at this time. It would be like this joke, with exaggerated riots and public property being destroyed due to angry social protests and angry student unions in Gotham. It's like, a right of passage in Gotham. I also imagined the police always being oppressively and militarily violent in turn to deal with the problems and beating civilians with billy clubs

But those are just some of my ideas I had, I was inspired by anime (how even popular anime's end eventually and aren't continually on-going liek superheroes) and I wanted to take that finality; and also 80s anime because it's so dark and gritty, but also over the top. I've been watching a few movies on organized crime and reading up about it because I wanted to gain a clear understanding about how it all fits together and works.

I decided to use a groups that are based on the Mutants in a Dark Knight Returns but they inter-mingle with the hoods and criminal rackets and it starts to become difficult to tell them apart. This is just some vague unfinished idea: "
a brief social gathering starts outside of the barricaded area where batman is being held hostage and surrounding it are a crowd of on-lookers and spectators,
men walk up and start protesting, and cheering "were done with living in terror of the police brutality and criminals" and men start cheering,
first unassuming non-obvious members in ht and peculiar punk-rock type clothing who are really secretly members of the mutants, (I just call them that for now) start protesting along with the crowd
trying to coax and lead the crowd jeering into it's inevitable conclusion of disordered chaos and anarchy "we are now done with living in perpetual fear" "we are the real faces of Gotham that you don't see being publicized on the news or television except in fear and victimization"

"Batman, wanted for the murder of carmine de falcone, wealthy business mogul to some, but to others sleazy crooked plutocrat to others."

"Ah, the cops, it wasn't for them and those damn corporations we'd be rich, who are the real fools here?" "I tell you day in and day out I start to really question what my priorities are out here" "you always got to be mindful of the cops and make sure they get their fair share of the percentage. (because they always make like a concession of 10-25% to justify allowing organized crime to exist in such a way) Sometimes less sometimes more, either way. And then those damn corporations, take away so much of the profit, maybe we'd not even be here. Always gotta stay out of sight and out of mind, you don't want the tourist and wealthy to see the ugly side of Gotham, heh ugly" 'I don't know Mickey, as long as I get paid" "don't ever wanna go back to running them small time hoods, heh you know? that was really something" (show crooks in car driving while talking)

"ahhh, you're jus an orders man, you got no vision or nothin'"

Ans then I was inspired to hopefully write a scene like out of the video for Billie Jean

Last edited:
Vnqx1l.jpg

*sigh* it's so hard to draw.

Anyway this is what the chest piece was based on
33367a7b4b2aef3a4b57e54e5e0c03d4.jpg

Black Panther
maxresdefault.jpg
335501-octocamo.jpg

baggy pants
GalleryComics_20191211__0021_DKRGC_01_300-001_HD_5de809249470e4.77758121.jpg
netflix-s-daredevil-photo-u1

Reactions: B
MSDV7W.jpg

AGAIN IT'S JUST OKAY I GUESS. I DECIDED THAT IF I ACTUALLY FOREWENT A WHOLE STORY, HE WOULD HAVE A SUIT MORE SIMILAR TO DAREDEVIL EARLY ON AND THEN SOMETHING MORE TYPICAL LATER ON. So it would be mostly 'cloth' like instead of a mixture of materials.
I added more shading I don't know if it worked and btw that's just a weird design it's not his cape behind him I just spend like 20 minutes drawing them and ****. Anyway, since I can do whatever I want I was really inspired by Dune and Westerns like the one's especially with Clint Eastwood. It's hard to explain, but I just think the story structure would be like a Westerner a little bit. .
Tz1Hx8.jpg

Stmj79.jpg

Also I imagine Bruce Wayne looking like Keanu Reeves for some reason
3ec549bdcf8f0ebb98c068da0f80b213.jpg

There-s-a-lot-going-on-in-Private-Idaho.jpg

Last edited:
There I took a more up close photo of it : /
OkjaAF.jpg
1rBu2n.jpg
ohrkyt.jpg

For some reason it looks like Matt Reeves suit so I don't know I was trying to imagine something that would look good in real life but it's too hard to really say. That lines on the suit (the sharp ones) wouldn't be that noticeable and visible up close, none of it would be really even the chest plate thing. Those are black marks are just desgins as well.
Btw, those aren't really shoulder pads, they are underneath the suit in my mind I guess. I based the mouth and eyes on Keanu Reeves but it's difficult to tell. It's like Solid Snake's sneaking suit he always has two screws in his shoulder pads for some reason.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"