• Rings of Power

Fantasy TV is now The Lord of the Rings!

• We're moving

Heroes are moving to the Movies sections!

Batman Forever Batman Forever: Bigger, Battier and Better {FanEdit}

MotleyFaneditor

Civilian
Reaction score
2KrakE1.jpg
A newly revamped edit of the 1995 summer blockbuster, with all the great deleted footage put back in. Sillier moments are trimmed and Elliot Goldenthal's original soundtrack is mixed with a new score by Hans Zimmer. The source material is also presented in black and white to give it that convincing 'period' feel.

Any and all support is needed and will be very much appreciated. :yay:

TECHNICAL SPECS
1080p (Blu-ray quality)
5.1 surround sound
1.85:1 aspect ratio

GENERAL CHANGES
Original timeline restored
New score (mainly tracks taken from The Dark Knight trilogy and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice)
Campiness toned down
Deleted footage re-integrated
Presented in a classic Film Noir style

DETAILED CHANEGS
ADDED: Current Warner Bros. Pictures logo, recoloured red (as a tribute to Scaperat's Red Book Edition)
ADDED: Deleted 'Arkham Asylum' opening (altered slightly, with Two-Face laughter added at the end)
ADDED: New opening (with animated Forever logo's hue changed from blue-green to red-blue)
ADDED "PRESENT DAY" subtitle during Wayne Enterprises establishing shot
ADDED: Nygma in his cubicle before Bruce Wayne arrives
ADDED: "In the flesh..."
ADDED: Extra shot of Batman's suit up
ADDED: "Do try and bring this one back in one piece, sir" from Batman & Robin
REMOVED: "LUCK! Blind, stupid, simple, doo-dah, clueless LUCK!"
REMOVED: "..for you!"
REMOVED: "Or, in your case, beer and pizza! HA!"
REPLACED: "Hot entrance" with a shot of Gordon
REPLACED: "Not every girl makes a superhero's knight table" with a reverse shot of Batman turning to face Gordon
REMOVED: "And call me Chase."
REMOVED: "By the way, do you have a first name or do I just call you Bats?"
ADDED: Alternate shot of Two-Face laughing after the wrecking ball comes in
REMOVED: Shot of Two-Face running up to the camera, laughing
ADDED: Alternate "BLAST HIM!"
ADDED: Shot of Two-Face dancing as his thugs shoot the elevator doors
REMOVED: "Open sesame..."
ADDED: Alternate angles of Batman knocking down the thugs
ADDED: "Going down?"
ADDED: Alternate shot of Batman force-headbutting the thug behind him
ADDED: Alternate angles of Batman grabbing the thug and throwing him against another
ADDED: Alternate angle of Batman facing the captive guard
ADDED: Two-Face flipping his coin in the helicopter
REMOVED: "Oh no! It's boiling acid!"
REMOVED: "No!" / "Hold on." / "Yes!"
REMOVED: "Hey, that's my hearing aid!" / "Wow, my shoes are melting!"
REMOVED: "Ohh! No more!"
REMOVED: Scenes with Two-Face after Batman escapes the vault
ADDED: Alternate angle of Batman aiming his batclaw
REPLACED: "This'll fix him" with "If the Bat wants to play, we'll play!"
ADDED: Alternate angle of the helicopter crashing through the Ocu-wash sign
REMOVED: "Farewell forever to that pointy-eared night rat!"
ADDED: Alternate angles of Batman punching through the helicopter's side windshield
ADDED: Extended helicopter fight (sans stuntman voice)
ADDED: Alternate angles of Batman looking on at the Statue of Liberty
ADDED: New flashback sequence during the underwater shot with Batman
ADDED: Unused score as Nygma works on his invention
ADDED: Alternate shot of Nygma pulling the lever
ADDED: Alternate Nygma reaction shots
ADDED: The whole "game show host" ordeal; now we just have him singing
ADDED: Unused score as Stickley wakes up
REMOVED: "Hang on!"
REMOVED: "Surf's up, big Kahuna!" / "Ooh! Nice form, but a little rough on the landing. He may have to settle for the bronze."
ADDED: Nightmare sequence using footage from Batman '89 and the flashback sequence which occurs later in the film, leading up to a sweaty Bruce Wayne waking up (a shot taken from U2's music video)
SWITCHED AROUND: "Once Gotham's district attorney..." to play before "Harvey Dent..." (inspired by TheAngryRampardos2)
REMOVED: "Yep, definitely suicide."
REMOVED: "Wayne Manor..." / "Hmph!"
REMOVED: "A doctor? What kind of doctor?"
ADDED: Two-Face shooting an innocent clown
REARRANGED: Two shots of Bruce during the raid
REMOVED: Two-Face laughter as he escapes
ADDED: B89 footage during the flashback sequence
ADDED: Deleted shot of the Batmobile
REMOVED: "It's the car, right? Chicks love the car."
REMOVED: "Women."
REMOVED: Entire car chase
REMOVED: "Question Mark Man?"
ADDED: "Dick's pain" deleted scene"
ADDED: Batman arriving at the beauty salon
ADDED: Two-Face finishing off the guard
ADDED: "You forgot the part where you kiss the girl."
ADDED: Cameos from the Red Triangle Circus Gang, the Penguin, and
Catwoman
ADDED: The Joker's laugh after "Your family wasn't killed by a maniac."
ADDED: U2's "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me" during the Nygmatech party
ADDED: BTS footage of Batman landing on the fountain
ADDED: Alternate shot of Batman punching the thug
REMOVED: Batman and Chase kissing
REMOVED: Two-Face's kiss to Batman
ADDED: "Bruce's dilemma" deleted scene (altered slightly)
ADDED: Flashback footage to the "Bats on the Brain" scene
REMOVED: "Sssspank me!"
REMOVED: Two-Face's first flip of his coin
ADDED: Two alternate shots of the Riddler destroying the Batcave
ADDED: "Secrets of the Batcave" deleted scene (altered slightly)
REMOVED: "Who the hell's doing that?" / "The Riddler!"
REMOVED: The infamous bat-ass
ADDED: Extra shot of the Batwing crashing into the ocean
ADDED: Extended shot of Robin on Claw Island
REMOVED: "Bummer!"
ADDED: Panning shot of Arkham (yes, the one that's different to the one found in B&R)
ADDED: "Does it ever end?" deleted scene, leading up to...
ADDED: ...new ending with the Batmobile driving through the city, playing during part of "Their War Here" from BvS
ADDED: Memorial card for Pat Hingle and Michael Gough
RECOLOURED: Bat symbol from blue to magenta
ADDED: New closing logos, including current "Distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures" endcard
ADDED: New "edited by" credit and special thanks billing

So there you go! Too timid to leave any suggestions? Just say so! :woot:

Last edited:
I really like Batman Forever (still trying to get hold of that Red Book Edition) and would be very interested to see your edit some day. Good luck! :up:

I like the idea of the memorial card for Pat Hingle and Michael Gough too.

Last edited:
UPDATE!
Seeing Christmas Day, the most enjoyable day of the year, has come and gone, I'm here to unveil the new colour grade for the edit.

The first one you'll see will be the daytime scenes, which will have a light blue tint. Next one will be the nighttime scenes which will be a slightly darker blue-green.

OoLgcpN.png

kHbiUa2.png

So leave me your thoughts and what I can do to improve. :)

Nicole Kidman never looked better, except for maybe in To Die For.

While it's great you're doing these edits, having just watched that example clips of yours, with nothing to compare it to, I wouldn't have really noticed much of a change. It still looks too neon drenched. That's not your fault. That's simply the way it was filmed.

That Two-Face scene with Tommy Lee Jones still looks over the top, even if you change the music or lighting. It's simply what it is.

Perhaps the only thing you could do to make it really look different is to put it into black and white like an old classic Film Noir movie. Maybe you could try a few scenes like that as an experiment.

Maybe like this:

[YT]awu7Zb_wMkE[/YT]

That's probably the only way to get rid of those neon colours. Even with less saturation, it's still there, just a matter of degree.

Last edited:
I completely understand your point of view, Raven. For clarification, I only toned down the saturation to make it look less vibrant, and I even made a slight tweak to the blue-green tint setting last night on VEGAS Pro 15.

I recently got the blu-ray of BF for Christmas and I’m hoping to get an external blu-ray disc drive for my laptop so I can edit in the most pristine quality possible.

By the way, your idea of a B&W edit sounds fascinating. Maybe if I do decide to go with your suggestion, I may change the title of my edit to Forever Noir, if you prefer it that way.

UPDATE #2
'Tis done!

https://youtu.be/-hQVIEtnPc8

Please excuse the popping noise. I've been trying to figure out the source of the issue for some time now.

And here's the logo for a possible new title:
bfxfXKP.jpg

Last edited:
Oh it looks so much better now in B&W. It's like a completely different movie without all the neon. There's a quality now that just isn't there in the original. :up:

Now it has a classic movie look about it.

Oh it looks so much better now in B&W. It's like a completely different movie without all the neon. There's a quality now that just isn't there in the original. :up:

Now it has a classic movie look about it.

Thank you, Raven. I’m glad you like the new look of my edit. Also, what do you think of my title change idea? :yay:

UPDATE #3
Seeing as today is New Year's Eve and tomorrow is the big day, I'd prefer that you wish me a happy new year, just to make me extra happy. :cwink:

Also, I would like to offer a new concept video for Forever Noir.

In case you haven't known, I actually quite like the Battleship sequence during the air and sea chase in the climax of the film. Of course, it may come off to some of you as "major product placement", but personally, I find it as one of the most enjoyable scenes in the film tbh.

Considering I'm almost completely oblivious to your opinions on the sequence, I've put together a new concept video showing what the climax would look like with the sequence taken out:
https://youtu.be/n0nooMrncbw

So what do you think? Do you think it'll do great for my edit? Be sure to leave your thoughts below! :D

Last edited:
The sequence looks great. Good job. :up:

I don't know what you mean by battleship sequence though. I can't remember what it's originally like.

The sequence looks great. Good job. :up:

I don't know what you mean by battleship sequence though. I can't remember what it's originally like.

I appreciate your thoughts on this concept.

I’m talking, of course, about the scene where Riddler and Two-Face play a game of Batttleship in order to set off the mines to take down Robin.

This video clearly gives the illusion of the mines exploding on contact.

I merely created the video to see what you thought of the sequence without the scene. Seeing as you think my work on the scene was great, I’m actually considering going through with this change in the final version of my edit.

Oh, and in case you haven’t noticed, I’ll be mixing some score tracks by Hans Zimmer with Goldenthal’s original soundtrack. So feel free to check and see which score tracks will be most suited for the scenes I’ll be rescoring.

Does anybody here have the first fanedit by Paulisdead2221?? I found the torrent but 0 seeds.

Okay, everyone?

I'd like to share an idea I think you'll all find very intriguing.

Now listen carefully, because this is something I suggest for someone (in particular, a talented individual) who would be more than willing to do a re-edit of the film.

BATMAN FOREVER: THE NOVEL CUT​

Basically, what this is is a re-edit of Forever that not only seeks on creating a less neon-drenched version of the film, but also takes creative notes from the Peter David novelization.

Who here has heard of, or even read, the novel?

I didn't even know there was a novelisation.

Basically, what this is is a re-edit of Forever that not only seeks on creating a less neon-drenched version of the film, but also takes creative notes from the Peter David novelization.

Who here has heard of, or even read, the novel?

I haven't read it but I've heard very favourable things about Peter David's novelisation of Batman Returns.

I haven't read it but I've heard very favourable things about Peter David's novelisation of Batman Returns.

Well, go check it out, I'm sure it's on sale somewhere. :yay:

Also, there's a comic book adaption which illustrates what some of the never-before-seen deleted scenes would've looked like. :woot:

Also, there's a comic book adaption which illustrates what some of the never-before-seen deleted scenes would've looked like. :woot:

Oh I've got the comic book adaptations of Batman, Batman Returns, and Batman Forever :yay:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cap2024
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"