Batman Forever Suit... Not That Bad

Yeah that's true, absolutely no suit in live action movies has been faithful to the comics... Yet.

The set and lightning was alot brighter on B&R, They had more full body shots. And closeup shots of the torso.

Now that you mention it, that's pretty much why I actually like Gotham in Forever (not everybody does but I am in a minority I guess), because the whole neon and light reflectors contrasted a lot with the overall darkness of the sets, and even back then it never looked goofy or "campy" or whatever to me, I thought that weird contrast was kinda dark in its own way..like an acid trip, even if I never had one.

Now that you mention it, that's pretty much why I actually like Gotham in Forever (not everybody does but I am in a minority I guess), because the whole neon and light reflectors contrasted a lot with the overall darkness of the sets, and even back then it never looked goofy or "campy" or whatever to me, I thought that weird contrast was kinda dark in its own way..like an acid trip, even if I never had one.

I still think that some shots of Gotham in that film are really dark. Like when Chase activates the bat-signal to try to seduce bats, when the batmobile is going up all of those levels of the city, it looks really badass.

The Gotham in Forever is much more Germanic, we notice it more mainly because it's lit. In the Burton movies the scenes are so dark, and there are very few shots of the actual city. The shots we do get are of course very Burton-esque in their design.

Voila
kilmersuit.jpg

nice photo editing
you can barely tell they were ever there.

The Gotham in Forever is much more Germanic, we notice it more mainly because it's lit. In the Burton movies the scenes are so dark, and there are very few shots of the actual city. The shots we do get are of course very Burton-esque in their design.

I do love gotham's style in Forever, just a little too much neon for the cartoony effect, but people seem to forget this was 1995, that kinda crap was in lol.

Right, but maybe if they could have designed it differently. The chest especially does not look right.

148882-batman_400.jpg

Um, this is supposed to have an art-deco look to it..as did the whole city. Something that went along with the nineteen thirties look and feel. Thats why it looks "odd"

kilmersuit.jpg

Now give him Keatons belt and that will look awesome :word: :o

That utility belt goes well with that suit. Keaton's belt would clash with the rest of the color scheme.

Yeah, I prefer the sleeker more metalic belt, it looks better IMO. The B89 and BR belt is too chunky for my liking.

Yeah, I prefer the sleeker more metalic belt, it looks better IMO. The B89 and BR belt is too chunky for my liking.

The B89 and BR belt fits with its respective suits. Same goes for BF and B&R.

Right, but maybe if they could have designed it differently. The chest especially does not look right.

148882-batman_400.jpg

I hate how the ears are like straight up, like parallel to each other, it gives the head like a rectangular appearance, not to mention the crappy chest piece.

The B89 and BR belt fits with its respective suits. Same goes for BF and B&R.

Oh yeah definitely, you couldn't have switched around the belts, but I still think the B89 and BR belts are too chunky.

Hey Proximo where'd you get the BF panther cowl, I've been looking for one!?

I think it looks best when Batman comes out of the fire after Two-Face tries to kill him. Badass. :up:

That's when it looks more matte then glossy, prefer that as well.

Oh.

I'm sorry, that must be tough for you.

Ok, just for fun, someone take that BR suit pic and manip some nipples on it?

Oh.

I'm sorry, that must be tough for you.

Ok, just for fun, someone take that BR suit pic and manip some nipples on it?

We should photoshop some nipples on the Adam West suit.

I'd like to see that. In a very odd way.

I think it looks best when Batman comes out of the fire after Two-Face tries to kill him. Badass. :up:

Same here. I just love how the music theme kick in after he ran out of the fire & then stand up with Kilmer giving that angry look with his mouth. Simply badass. Of course he might look like he is tired if not mad with the open mouth in the closeup of his face. :funny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"