Batman Forever Suit... Not That Bad

Same here. I just love how the music theme kick in after he ran out of the fire & then stand up with Kilmer giving that angry look with his mouth. Simply badass. Of course he might look like he is tired if not mad with the open mouth in the closeup of his face. :funny:

Which scene is this again?

Which scene is this again?

After Two Face crashes Edward Nygma's party, Batman appears to capture him and they end up in a subway were Two Face causes a gas explosion to kill Batman, but Batman survives and comes out of the fire in quite a cool shot.

By using his magical cape that turned into some sort of shield.

Very cool scene indeed.

Same here. I just love how the music theme kick in after he ran out of the fire & then stand up with Kilmer giving that angry look with his mouth. Simply badass. Of course he might look like he is tired if not mad with the open mouth in the closeup of his face. :funny:

LOL i think he looked more tired then mad, lol.

The cool thing about the suit in the Fire scene is that its made of Silicone, instead of Foam latex like the suits used in other scenes. The reason for this is because the Foam Latex would burn up in a second.
They used Silicone for the suit in Batman Begins aswell, When he catch on fire.

Ahhhh cool stuff Proximo

Cool, didn't know that. Didn't realize they used real fire/actors in the Forever scene either, I presumed it as CGI.

Cool, didn't know that. Didn't realize they used real fire/actors in the Forever scene either, I presumed it as CGI.

I don't think CGI was that advanced back then in 95. Looking at the CGI scenes now in forever, most of them scream fake, such as the wayne industries shot in the beginning right before we are introduced to Edward Nigma.

Yeah I know what you mean, some of the establishing shots are shocking, but the fire scene, where he turns the cape liquid or whatever, I presumed that was all CGI, including the actor.

I don't think CGI was that advanced back then in 95. Looking at the CGI scenes now in forever, most of them scream fake, such as the wayne industries shot in the beginning right before we are introduced to Edward Nigma.

actually, that looked more real then alot of todays CGI, lol.

and the fire in Forever didnt look CGI, that looked real. and it looked better that way. damn fake CGI.:cmad:

But that gel saved his life. I dunno, it's not a major point but I think the fire scenes in BB were better than BF. Just my opinion, but I didn't like the whole cape shield thing, it didn't make sense too be honest.

Oh well.

But that gel saved his life. I dunno, it's not a major point but I think the fire scenes in BB were better than BF. Just my opinion, but I didn't like the whole cape shield thing, it didn't make sense too be honest.

Oh well.

why does it have to make sense? sheesh, there was an episode of BTAS where the batmobile disguised itself as a huge freakin garbage dumpster, and a protective cape doesnt make sense to you? have you even read some comic books? batmans got loads of fantastical gadgets and crap, thats what hes known for. and the scene in Begins is not to be compared with the Froever scene, since in Forever the fire was meant to make batman look invincible and badass, and the fire in Begins was made to make him look vulnerable and weak.

If the Actor or Stuntman were right in the middle of the fire in Forever is doubtful. In movies its just about illusion, Its pretty clear in a few of the shots, Specially when its Kilmer who is around the fire. The fire is either a few metres away from him, on the front,back and sides. Mostly Visible when he get "out" of the fire and looking at Two-Face. (I can be wrong, Its been a while since i saw it).

But, When the fire is coming right against Batman, Im pretty sure it was a stuntman. The cape effect was probably a mix of actual liveshots and CGI to make it look extra glossy and give the "shield effect". The cape was never explained, But it was clearly a fireproof cloak activated by the button inside his belt as shown in the movie.

Back on the fire scene in Begins. If you look closley in Begins, You can see the Gel that is covered on the silicone suit and the stuntmans face, In the apartment and right after he lands on the street and stumbles away.
I think they did a better job with the fire scenes in Forever.
Ya but you dont actually see Batman on fire in Forever, in Begins you seem him on fire for a few seconds engulfed in flames, and that shot with him jumping out of the window on fire is amazing, not alot of other shots in batman films can live up to that, for me atleast.

They did the same thing here, But a Thin flame for the Stuntman or Kilmer to run through. Behind the thin flame there is nothing.

I think its the stuntman running through because its a small cut before you see its Kilmer in the suit.
Batman Forever Swesub DVDRip XviD -death_star.CD02 (frame 25094).bmp

Batman Forever Swesub DVDRip XviD -death_star.CD02 (frame 25099).bmp

Batman Forever Swesub DVDRip XviD -death_star.CD02 (frame 25114).bmp

Batman Forever Swesub DVDRip XviD -death_star.CD02 (frame 25146).bmp

Batman Forever Swesub DVDRip XviD -death_star.CD02 (frame 25280).bmp

I do admit that scene is one of the most badass scenes from that film, it still gives me goosebumps.

The cool thing about the suit in the Fire scene is that its made of Silicone, instead of Foam latex like the suits used in other scenes. The reason for this is because the Foam Latex would burn up in a second.
They used Silicone for the suit in Batman Begins aswell, When he catch on fire.

Interesting. Thanks for posting this, Proximo. I always like reading trivia stuff on how they do some of the scenes in Batman films. :cool::up:

I do admit that scene is one of the most badass scenes from that film, it still gives me goosebumps.

Me too. I love the heroic theme when Batman run out of the fire. Show that nothing isn't going to stop him until he win or die trying. :batman:

Yeah it's a really cool scene, one of the few moments where Schumacher let Batman be a hardman so to speak.

I also like the scene where the day-glo warriors scatter when they see the real Batman. It reminds me of a bit in Cataclysm where Nightwing, Robin and Huntress are trying to disperse a mob without much success, then Batman just casts a shadow on a wall and the mob leaves instantly.

Yeah it's a really cool scene, one of the few moments where Schumacher let Batman be a hardman so to speak.

I also like the scene where the day-glo warriors scatter when they see the real Batman. It reminds me of a bit in Cataclysm where Nightwing, Robin and Huntress are trying to disperse a mob without much success, then Batman just casts a shadow on a wall and the mob leaves instantly.

Because Batman is the shiznit.:batman:

I like the Forever suit more than the B'89 suit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"