Batman: Hush or Batman: The Long Halloween.

Also the bit where Batman's standing in the cave, and Alfred says its because he doesn't know whether to help Tim. Good story...

Anyways, back on topic, to me Tim Sale is a great artist, but not how I like my art. I prefer the crispy stuff from Hush, Under The Hood, Face The Face etc...

Loeb's writing REALLY pisses me off sometimes. how come every book by him has the opening monologue about 'i made a promise on the grave of my parents... to protect this city, blah blah' WE KNOW! it was intense and deep the first time but when its repeated 5-6 times every book... ugh!

I'm a HUSH man m'self.

Both are good. But I would take The Long Halloween over Hush any day of the week.

The Long Halloween. Alberto Falcone is a really interesting character ad The Joker isn't done too badly. But the plane thing was just dumb. I would rather see him going nuts with a machine gun to try and draw Holiday out into the open. But all in all it was a brilliant story and I'm glad I bought it. Hush was very good too but my biggest criticism lies in the fact that we never saw Tommy Elliot before that story and are then expected to swallow that he and Bruce Wayne are best buds. Maybe that stuff washes in Smallville but in Batman? Not so much.

The plane scene was completely incongruent from the rest of the work (but still horridly executed) because it was the rare occassion where each acted in character.
Batman has no deductive agility in a Loeb "mystery", normally wandering around with excessively redundant introspection, so conveniently gaining total knowledge of this particular event through an obviously well connected informant off scene is surprising when he shockingly makes no headway against the Holiday murders.

Neither is unique or imaginative but The Long Halloween isn't as bad as Hush, both are derivative from the much better Mask of the Phantasm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"