The Dark Knight Batman No More?

I think he probably has a moment where he thinks about hanging it up or questioning his importance in Gotham. See, the scene where he says to Alfred, "People are dying. What would you have me do?"

You get a sense that maybe Joker is too much for him and Gotham itself. Also, the scene where he is in the penthouse with his mask off overlooking Gotham. Either that scene means he has had a rough night or he's wondering, "What's it all worth?"

I don't think it's over a girl though like Peter.

I think that the joker purposefully gets caught by batman and the new commisoner gordon after the truck flips..hes then in prison as part of his plan.

I think the bigger part of the plan is to turn the city against batman and rubs it in his face when he escapes from prison..

It is one of the bigger plot points..the joker escapes from prison killing more people forcing batman to finally accept that for justice he has to kill the joker..

The joker wants to make batman kill him so he becomes what he is fighting against in the first place..

He wants to die at the hands of batman tio porove that he is no different than the joker..

That is the big plan..he wants to prove that by dying at the hands of batman he is no different than the mass murdering clown wreaking havoc on gotham..

Also racheal is pregnant trust me on that one

wonder if it's bruce's baby or Harvey's baby.

Dent will sacrifice himself to save batman..Dent and Batman are good friends and one of the revalations in the 3rd movie will be Dent finding out Wayne is batman.

Its what changes him back to the good side before he is killed by the joker..he dies saving batman..

Racheal dies near the end of the dark knight..

and the joker dies at his own hands.

this is not some stupid Raimi spider-man movie

Dent will sacrifice himself to save batman..Dent and Batman are good friends and one of the revalations in the 3rd movie will be Dent finding out Wayne is batman.

Its what changes him back to the good side before he is killed by the joker..he dies saving batman..

Racheal dies near the end of the dark knight..

and the joker dies at his own hands.

wow- you seem pretty sure that you know the entire plot. just an educated guess or do you know something we all don't. I like your storyline though- do you think Joker will be in prison at the end of TDK or will be on the loose?

Ok ok, so I nabbed the title from Spider-man 2 . . . no harm, no foul :oldrazz:

I'm not gonna get all defensive about creating a new thread; if you want to flame me then fire away. But hear me out first eh?

Ok, so it's mainly the trailer that has made me think this, and a couple of other things, too. My question to my fellow Hypers is: Do you think that Bruce will consider or even, for a short time, actually hang up his cape and cowl in The Dark Knight?

You might be wondering what makes me ask this question. Well, maybe Bruce will regret creating his monster because the escalation Gordon spoke of at the end of Begins seems to be coming true. A couple of things in the trailer made me think that this could be the case:

Alfred saying 'endure' and 'Gotham needs you' in responce to Bruce saying 'What would you have me do?'

Bruce holding the cowl as if in deep thought about his alter ego.

Also, let's not forget the change of the Batsuit. We have been told that there is a specific reason for the change; maybe Bruce destroys the Begins suit after deciding to quit being Batman . . . and then once coming to his senses needs a new suit to continue on his quest. Maybe.

Now I'm not saying that this is probable, and I'm not even saying that I like the idea. All I'm saying is that it's possible, and that it would be something to discuss about Bruce/Batman on these Joker-saturated boards (not that I have a problem with that;)).

Discuss :brucebat:

Thing is, Superman 2 and Spiderman 2 had a similar theme. It would, for my money, be a bit too contrived. I'm hoping Nolan doesn't do anything like this as it would just be too familiar. IMO. There's enough going on in the film already without having a 20 minutes 'Batman giving up being Batman' section.

I hope the "Rachel is pregnant" plot point is a joke. It sounds way too melodramatic and forced.

wow-- dude, that is a ton of spoilers in a short time period. thanks for the good comments.

I hope the "Rachel is pregnant" plot point is a joke. It sounds way too melodramatic and forced.

you dont think that seeing your pregnant significant other and your unborn baby being killed would drive you over the edge? i think it is a great subplot to turn harvey Dent crazy with rage against Joker. along with the scarring- i see a perfect harvey two-face being created.

For the record, I think wrm79 is feeding us a load of bullcrap.

Big Spoiler:

Batman wants to give up after the death of the commisioner. He thinks his decisions have led to the death of the commiwsioner and everything else that is going on..he blames himself.

Its very tragic whats gonna hapen to batman and the joker and two face and how the 3 of them will be connected..

Two face blaming batman for the death of racheall...sorry but she dies because of batman and dent blames him for it..

and the batman blames the joker for it..its really gonna make for a evil twist setting up the 3rd movie which EVERYONE will be waiting forever to see..

Nolans a genius..

whats going to be the name of the third movie

For the record, I think wrm79 is feeding us a load of bullcrap.

usually when someone is on these boards with such a matter-of-fact attitude, it usually is bull****.

but I dont know about this one...

you dont think that seeing your pregnant significant other and your unborn baby being killed would drive you over the edge? i think it is a great subplot to turn harvey Dent crazy with rage against Joker. along with the scarring- i see a perfect harvey two-face being created.

Like I said, too melodramatic. I was hoping one of the major turning points in Harvey's psychological transformation would be the ferry dilemma, not some slapstick death of a major character.

usually when someone is on these boards with such a matter-of-fact attitude, it usually is bull****.

but I dont know about this one...

Some of the stuff he posted simply doesn't chime with what Nolan and Goyer have said about the film's plot points.

Like I said, too melodramatic. I was hoping one of the major turning points in Harvey's psychological transformation would be the ferry dilemma, not some slapstick death of a major character.

i actually think the ferry dilemma IS Harvey's doing. I think he is Two Face at that point and the TWO ferries is all his work.

Big Spoiler:

Batman wants to give up after the death of the commisioner. He thinks his decisions have led to the death of the commiwsioner and everything else that is going on..he blames himself.

Its very tragic whats gonna hapen to batman and the joker and two face and how the 3 of them will be connected..

Two face blaming batman for the death of racheall...sorry but she dies because of batman and dent blames him for it..

and the batman blames the joker for it..its really gonna make for a evil twist setting up the 3rd movie which EVERYONE will be waiting forever to see..

Nolans a genius..

Dude--how do you know this stuff? Is your name Jonah?

Big Spoiler:

Nolans a genius..

i can buy it, i just cant buy it that you know it :p

racheal pregnant is not a joke.. trust me..im a man of my word LOL

Exactly why I don't trust you. It all seems way too convenient that the only things you've said which are actually believable are based upon common knowledge about the film's story. And you keep talking in vague language regarding how Batman is the "real star" without going into any actual specifics.

i actually think the ferry dilemma IS Harvey's doing. I think he is Two Face at that point and the TWO ferries is all his work.

Isn't Harvey supposed to become Two-Face in the closing moments of the film, like the Joker card reveal in Batman Begins? Having him being responsible for the ferry dilemma means that the transformation takes place much earlier thereby leaving little room to properly develop his character.

Isn't Harvey supposed to become Two-Face in the closing moments of the film, like the Joker card reveal in Batman Begins? Having him being responsible for the ferry dilemma means that the transformation takes place much earlier thereby leaving little room to properly develop his character.

that could be the big twist. we think harvey is dead- the ferry dilemma is brought to light- we all think it is the Jokers doing, but then Joker might say he has nothing to do with it and then it shows two face at the bar watching the ferry situation on the news. just my TWO cents worth.

that could be the big twist. we think harvey is dead- the ferry dilemma is brought to light- we all think it is the Jokers doing, but then Joker might say he has nothing to do with it and then it shows two face at the bar watching the ferry situation on the news. just my TWO cents worth.

Two Face comes to the bar specifically to kill someone, not hang around to watch the 8'o clock news. That much is pretty much confirmed.

If what wrm79 says is true, I would be disappointed that they would kill the Joker and Dent off. Joker should not die!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"