Batman on a budget - my homemade costume

Either way, this dude is a ****tease. :o

Just like Batman, I'm ready to come out of retirement soon.

Sorry for the delay, but I've been really busy these last couple of years building a career as a movie-editor. But, now, as the Dark Knight Rises approaches, I'm back in the costume-game.

Actually, one of the reasons I've been away, is that I've been trying to avoid spoilers for TDKR, so I've been trying to stay clear of message boards.

What has happened since I first posted the pictures in this thread is that I've basically scrapped the entire suit. I've kept the cape, though modified it but everything else is new. The budget has been raised, but I still try to work with what I've got as opposed to buying everything, and I've been working out, a lot. I've managed to lose almost 66 pounds and built a lot of muscle through running, weightlifting and yoga, basically I've been trying to "Bruce Wayne" myself, on a smaller scale.

My plan is to have the suit ready for The Dark Knight Rises. Pictures will be posted as soon as I feel it's ready for display. Stay tuned!

Nice costume man! Very well put together!

Saw these the other day, figured Id share. May be helpfull for anyone wanting to get their Batman on a bit

Dark%2520Knight%252005.jpg

http://swaves.storenvy.com/products/400398-dark-knight-batarang-lace-locks

OK, here's a little update. The process has been kind of rushed lately, and I've had to cut some corners to get ready for TDKR but this is how far I am at this point, here's a pic of me and "Action Comics Superman" hanging out.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Digging the way that the emblem is attached to the cape!

So, last night was the big Norwegian premiere for The Dark Knight Rises (though I saw it in London last friday) and finally it was time to show off my costume. Like I said, I´ve had to cut some corners to get ready for the premiere, will be working on a new costume with homemade cowl, belt etc. in the future, but this was what I went with for this event. I work part time at the cinema, so I took on the responsibility for the entire show (we also showed BB and TDK as a warm-up). I live in a small town called Lillehammer (you may have heard of it as host for the Olympics some 18 years ago, or from the TV-show Lillyhammer) so people are not used to seeing Batman everyday, and I got a very good response from the audience, Bane showed up as well!

PS: yes, I'm kinda short. Maybe I should build a robin-costume instead? :oldrazz:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"