Batman Physique Thread

Discussion in 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' started by LordofhouseEl, Jul 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spamtron

Spamtron THE MAN

Bale got up to about 230 getting prepped for the role, eating everything in site and working out... He gained about 100 #s from his Machinist weight to get the Begins role. Nolan actually had him lean back down to 190#s for the final Batman body weight.

And I agree, he was in excellent shape for Batman... first time I saw a believable Batman ass-kicking body type on screen, making the previous Batman bodies on film an embarrassment frankly.

2. ArmsHeldOut

ArmsHeldOut Peaky Blinder

Found some interesting quotes on CBM:

David Fincher (director of Gone Girl) on Affleck's physique:

"I'm trying to keep him at the size he's at right now until he's done with us (GONE GIRL where he plays a suburban dad). I'm sure he's working out but I think for him, he's probably a guy that builds up really quickly so I just kind of asked him if he can stay where he's at right now. He's a really big guy, like he's quite tall. You don't realize how big he is. He kind of reads smaller on film than he does in real life."

Recent tweet from Rejan Jalali (Affleck's professional trainer):

"Ben Affleck's Batman body: getting too pumped up for current role! Good prob to have-We'll cut back a lil! Lol"

Eonline article:

Dear Ben Affleck—please don't bulk up for Batman too much.

At least not while you're still filming Gone Girl.

The upcoming caped crusader has been asked to refrain from working out too much while making the much-anticipated thriller.

"I'm trying to keep him at the size he's at right now until he's done with us," Gone Girl costume designer Trish Summerville told me at the Catching Fire premiere in L.A. "I'm sure he's working out but I think for him, he's probably a guy that builds up really quickly so I just kind of asked him if he can stay where he's at right now."

Rumors that he could have been hitting the gym pretty hard took off late last month after photographers snapped a seemingly muscled up Affleck while out for chores with his daughter Violet.

"He's a really big guy, like he's quite tall," Summerville said. "You don't realize how big he is. He kind of reads smaller on film than he does in real life."

3. Bruce Malone

Bruce Malone Well-Known Member

I don't think Affleck has anywhere near the pressure that cavill had when working out for superman. Aside from his status in hollywood, his height and the Batman costume are probably going to be more forgiving to him than Cavill and his superman suit.

He's already the tallest Batman actor ever and despite the changes to the suit it will still probably have some armor-ish elements and not try to be skin tight like the MoS suit.

4. Lantern Venom

Lantern Venom Lego SUCKS

That's the functional muscle look. It doesn't always have the pleasant muscle shape of Cavill or the ripped 6-pack abs, but it tells a story of ability. That's what Bale had in BB, and should have kept for TDK. I didn't mind him being skinnier for TDKR because it fit the story.

5. hafizbat

hafizbat Wild Cherry

I agree. However, I think its worth noting that functional muscle is still muscle and it sill looks damn good.

Look at these athletes

Gymnast
    [​IMG]

Powerlifter
    [​IMG]

Rugby player
    [​IMG]

6. elgaz

elgaz Well-Known Member

I've no doubt Affleck will fill the suit out very well. He's a very broad shouldered guy, and broad shoulders + height makes a person look quite strong and intimidating. As impressive as Bale's muscle gain for BB was, he never really looked 'big' overall or intimidating - in fact, I can't really think of any previous Batman actors who looked that way.

[​IMG]

The Batman films have tended to rely more on his presence/voice/fighting skills/etc to have him intimidate the bad guys. Not many have approached the issue of his sheer physical size. Many of the comics have Batman written as a very large and strong male; I think it was The Dark Knight Returns which made a specific reference to his size.

[​IMG]

7. the last son

the last son Well-Known Member

I don't think Affleck will put much time in the gym.

8. TheNextNolan22

TheNextNolan22 Hurting Really REALLY BAD

Affleck has a naturally built athletic body so that does give him an edge.

9. Azrael24

Azrael24 Well-Known Member

He won't have a choice. That's part of the gig in all Snyder's films. If you've seen Affleck lately, you can DEFINITELY tell he's putting time in.

10. GreySpider

GreySpider Abracadabra

dude your avvy is so sick

11. SuperInfidelX

SuperInfidelX Active Member

Hopefully he put a lot more muscle on than this. Really tired of actors sporting fake rubber/muscle suits.

12. DaRkVeNgeanCe

DaRkVeNgeanCe An Epic Film Guy

Yes he has a great natural athletic build, but athletic doesn't necessarily mean muscular he has a great base to start from. I hope he at least gains a good 10-15 pounds of solid muscle on, with the likes of other actors going all out for their superhero roles (Cavill, Evans, Hemsworth) I expect the same from old Benny boy.

13. slumcat

slumcat Well-Known Member

New pic released of Cavill training for MOS.

[​IMG]

14. Broseph44

Broseph44 Witness Me

I recently watched some of the special features on my MOS blu ray. Their working out was interesting and awesome to see.

15. slumcat

slumcat Well-Known Member

It was certainly interesting to see. Though I wonder if they showed the various exercises in the correct proportion.

The most number of exercises they show is definitely for the shoulders, really hitting all the heads there through a variety of exercises. They also show him doing legs a lot and even back. They showed just one exercise for cardio, a couple for abs and none for chest if I remember correctly.

His chest and abs and extremely well developed, so he must have done a lot more for those than they showed in the special feature.

16. Enriquespy

Enriquespy Well-Known Member

Bats will be envious of supes chest hair.

17. The Guard

The Guard Well-Known Member

Apparently the costume designer for this movie has asked Affleck to stop getting big so fast.

Heh.

18. roach

roach I am the night

it's funny that people keep mentioning how tall he is…when I was in the Navy parts of Pearl Harbor were filmed on my ship and i remember walking past him and being amazed at how tall he was.

19. charl_huntress

charl_huntress Well-Known Member

6'4" is nothing to sneeze at. That's a tall man. I never knew he was that tall. He doesn't look very tall in movies.

20. roach

roach I am the night

He is probably the tallest person I have ever met. We walked past each other in the passageway and all i kept thinking about was how tall this dude was.

21. charl_huntress

lol...you were in the p-way with him. Nice! The closest I ever got to celebrity while I was in the Navy was Oprah waving at me from her yacht. :woot:

22. roach

roach I am the night

My ship was designated the 'Hollywood carrier'. We had scenes from Pearl Harbor, The Core, Tiger Cruise and an episode of the Crocodile Hunter filmed onboard.

What was your rate?
    I was a QM.

23. charl_huntress

I was an AK.

lol...man I never got lucky. For some reason I was never around whenever film crews came to base. I don't know why. I just always missed them. I've been on the news plenty of times, but I never got the chance to be an extra...:csad: or even see any filming...:csad:

24. Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie Well-Known Member

Who wouldn't be envious of fire resistant chest hair?

[​IMG]

25. HUMANIMAL

HUMANIMAL ...

they better change the costume around him and not the other way around....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.