Batman reboot: Should it be based on realism, dark imagination, or silliness

Hello,

One day not so far, I will explain why I totally dislike batman - and you will understand the logic behind it.
However, I have seen all the movies (even the funny serials).
I think the best adaptation was the Michael Keaton one. It had one foot in the "Nolan real World" and the other one in the "comic book World".
These movies need the right dosage. You need some level of camp in there - otherwise - no one has anything to do or say that stands out. How many times a day do you come up with a phrase or some sort of action/movement on your part that is classic?
If Nolan was/had been given total control on how it should be done in real life, batman would've been played by Sylvester Stallone with a machine gun à-la-Rambo.

I want a Batman movie that like Batman the Animated Series. The world should initials rooted in some type of reality. Then as the movie progresses more fantastical elements are add. It should shock Batman and it should shock the audience.

The more proper way into dealing with the next reboot is carrying the hyper-realism Nolan had in his trilogy and a dark imagination feeling like the Arkham series. Both mediums have their own extremes but they've also been the best thing, Batman-wise, we've seen. Mixing the two would create a magnificent universe for Batman.

Hello,

One day not so far, I will explain why I totally dislike batman - and you will understand the logic behind it.
However, I have seen all the movies (even the funny serials).
I think the best adaptation was the Michael Keaton one. It had one foot in the "Nolan real World" and the other one in the "comic book World".
These movies need the right dosage. You need some level of camp in there - otherwise - no one has anything to do or say that stands out. How many times a day do you come up with a phrase or some sort of action/movement on your part that is classic?
If Nolan was/had been given total control on how it should be done in real life, batman would've been played by Sylvester Stallone with a machine gun à-la-Rambo.
LOL what??........

You don't need camp. As a matter of fact, there shouldnt be any camp in Batman. A sense of humor in a movie is different than "gags". Nolans had a sense of humor, but a more natural sense of humor like you would see in any other movie that isn't a comic book movie. "Or no one has anything to do or say that stands out?" Hahahaha what planet are you from? :doh:

Just keep the dark and serious tone from Nolans films, but add plenty of fantasy & more comic-book accuracy and the reboot is set.

No CBM needs camp, imo, unless you're actually trying to create a comedy.

Exactly. I can't stand it when a comic book movie has camp, where everybody is a comedian. It's just cheap to me.

I say realism. Nolan has shaped the Batman movies into a popular series. Why stop now?

I would love to see Mr. Freeze in the next movie. I think they could use Liquid Nitrogen as a form of attack.

Mr. Freeze and realism is like an oxymoron.

I want Freeze too, and i dont want him too over-the-top, but it's still Mr. Freeze. You need a different tone with him and as far as im concerned, it meshes perfectly with the tone of a Justice League.

More serious than Arnolds version? Yes. Darker? Yes. Toned down a bit? Yes. But i want that Arkham City Freeze. He was pretty damn intimidating in that game. Pretty creepy how he stalks Batman. I want a similar voice effect too when he has all his gear on.

I want freak crime-lords & science-fiction to a degree. It's something Nolan didn't do and im ready for it with a new director, cast and tone.

Realism with better fighting choreography than nolans movies and less of the over the top voice of batman.

I imagine something like Mortal Kombat Rebirth, the original video that spawned the MK Legacy series. Sure, it was off the wall, but they explain it all creatively to make it "real". Using that style, you could use all Batman villains, including Killer Croc.

I still have trouble saying exactly what I hope the sequel will be like.

I hope like with MOS and Arrow, they keep that real world ethics and tone.
But saying that, I still want the fantastical elements. MOS has embraced the Superman lore and so far hasn't attempted a combover or an elimination with realism (as far as I know).

Studying them. I want it to be like an Aronofsky film, particularly Requiem For A Dream and The Black Swan.
He bases those movies on realism while injecting fantasy into it. Whereas someone like Guillermo Del Toro uses mainly fantasy and injects realism into it. I want it the Aronofsky style, as I feel it's right up WB's street, judging by MOS and Arrow.

Studying them. I want it to be like an Aronofsky film, particularly Requiem For A Dream and The Black Swan.
He bases those movies on realism while injecting fantasy into it. Whereas someone like Guillermo Del Toro uses mainly fantasy and injects realism into it. I want it the Aronofsky style, as I feel it's right up WB's street, judging by MOS and Arrow.
I really want Aronofsky to direct the reboot, for those reasons you mention. A higher budget, grander version of Black Swan is how i envision his Batman.

It's all very realistic but as you follow the main character, you see there's a dark/weird kind of element there. She's a screwed up person because of her upbringing, and she gets absolutely obsessed. The tone is almost dream-like at times. Fantasy creeps into the realistic tone once in a while and it's just a nice mixture in my opinion. I would love it if he wrote it AND directed it in that kind of tone. Also he understands obsession, which is what Bruce Wayne is all about. Even his Noah (Russel Crowe) will be pretty obsessed im sure.

No he's not going to do a "Year One" again. The studio asked for the polar opposite of Batman & Robin, and he went overboard but he gave it to them. It was an experiment. WB will lay down what they want this time, and i think he can do it.

My preference is the tone (not story) of Arkham City for this reboot...and i think he would be good for that. Serious, grit, realistic Batman most of the time, same with a lot of characters around him, but sometimes the city looks out of the ordinary. Gotham has fantastical elements and so do some of the villains. This sounds like Aronofsky and Arkham City to me.

He's not all realism like Nolan, as people on this board like to claim.

Yeah, 'visual grandeur' and 'fantasy' doesn't mean that a Batman film would inherently lose its emotional core. An extreme example; Norwegian Ninja. It's proof that you can set an emotionally compelling story against most any backdrop, even an over-the-top, wildy creative one. Wes Anderson proves this time and again. I think an Arkham inspired movie could easily have the same depth as the visually "realistic" Nolan films. As long the characters treat their "world" as real, that's what's important.

To be honest a bit of both..i want to see a Batman Movie in the same tone as Amazing Spiderman..that's what i want

We do have films that's in the same tone...they're called The Dark Knight Trilogy, lol.

yeah, so, another Dark Knight style film with Killer Croc, check.

you cant say Amazing Spider-Man is the same tone as TDK Trilogy. Nolans world wouldnt have the traditional Killer Croc or even Mr. Freeze. Neither would something like Lizard exist, or Electro.

Burton meets Nolan is where it should go. A + B. and more comic accurate than ever before.

A Batman reboot like the Arkham games would be cool.

All i want is a regular deep voiced guy for batman. Please no more bat-voice. I understand why he used it, but by the 3rd film i could hardly take him seriously

I loved the voice, but if they do it again it'll sound like a rip-off. I'm pretty sure we're getting the Keaton style next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"