Batman Republican or Democrat

The Overlord said:
The prisons in comic books are always a joke, so why doesn't Batman just break Joker's legs?

In truth not giving Joker et all. the chair is just a plot devise used to keep them in the comic book

ShadowBoxing said:
In truth not giving Joker et all. the chair is just a plot devise used to keep them in the comic book

Batman should trick the Joker into commiting a crime in Texas, they can fry him even if he is insane. :eek:

kame-sennin said:
Batman should trick the Joker into commiting a crime in Texas, they can fry him even if he is insane. :eek:

Since it usually takes years to actually execute somebody, Joker might chose to overeat himself to death if sentenced in Texas.

Since it usually takes years to actually execute somebody, Joker might chose to overeat himself to death if sentenced in Texas.

Or he'd just escape like he always does...

ElCuervoMuerto said:
Or he'd just escape like he always does...

Not if went to the supermax prisons. Nobody has ever escaped from them.

jonty30 said:
Not if went to the supermax prisons. Nobody has ever escaped from them.

Not super max prisons in comic books, in comic books all prisons are very easy to escape from.

The Overlord said:
Not super max prisons in comic books, in comic books all prisons are very easy to escape from.

That's true.

The Overlord said:
Not only are prisons easy to escape from in comic books,but apparently death is also.

Batman is a good guy, he is honorable, he fights corruption and evil, and hes a hero. so, therefore he doesnt associate with politicians.

JB1of1 said:
Batman is a good guy, he is honorable, he fights corruption and evil, and hes a hero. so, therefore he doesnt associate with politicians.

best post yet:up:

Superbaty77 said:
But i really hate when people claim these characters for there party. Like Superman alot people seem to think that Superman is a republican bacouse of the "Truth, Justice and the American Way" thing. But if any of the idoits bothered to read the comics of the 30's. They would have seen superman as the defender of the people who stop wars, fought child abuse and saved workers from unsafe working conditions.
...you're saying Republicans are pro-child abuse? :o

I would say that, in the world of the comics, most superheroes are too busy worrying about the important things (such as saving lives) to worry about politics.

Except for Iron Man. That rat bastard. :up:

Personally I've never paid much attention to the perceived political views of superheroes, but I believe that Batman (much like Captain America) is pretty much a man of the centre( Iron Man is probably more conservative due to his defence industry back ground, although Stark has been out of it for years- significantly spurred by an unopular war like Vietnam)

Terry

I'm sorry but I'm new here and it is my right as a new person to BUMP old post because I want to spout my opinion.

With that said Batman is more a Republican than anything else

He's not against the right to bear arms: Bear arms means to have weapons of any kind and armor of any kind for protection and the protection of others. We know where Batman stands on this

Batman is against Big Government over the people and believes that the ONE of the governments purpose is to run the Military

He is anti taxing the rich...considering he is rich. But its more than that, Batman is against equality. Batman is for the individual freedom of being unequal and living in a world of striving for a better life. If everyone is equal there is no freedom...its eat, sleep and work...Pay check to Pay check lifestyle...which is one CAUSE OF CRIME

The left (libs) want a lot of government control: Civil Services (Police, Firefighters ect...) Healthcare, jobs, school and lifestyle. The left also seem to believe that the Liberal Politicians be the ones that make a lot of money and that the average Joe who has worked for his money be taxed so it can go to some "Less fortunate person" (believe me politicians have tax exemptions). The liberals disguise the Second amendment rights by claiming people should not own high powered rifles and guns but what the people don't know is, if we abolish the second amendment than we also give up our rights to any form of self defense (Knives, Karate, Boxing, MMA, Guns, Armor) the Government will control these activities.

Liberals/Democrats = Security
Conservatives/Republicans = Freedom

He who would trade Freedom for some temporary security, deserves neither Freedom nor security. Thomas Jefferson

Actually if any thing he would fund Sarah Palin considering she thinks the same way he does.

:cwink:

I just facepalmed my hand through my entire head. Thanks a lot. Do you know what it feels like to have your own brain gunk all over your fingers?

Maybe, hopefully, the wink denotes sarcasm.

Or politics. He probably is too complicated to be easily placed into any American political ideology. The biggest issue here is whether Batman is a juggalo, and if so, is he indeed a twiztid serial killin' juggalo, or just regular?

She worships guns. He hates them.

Batman doesn't hate guns...HE CHOOSES NOT TO USE THEM...big difference. If he hated them then Alfred wouldn't have a shot gun...if he hated them then he wouldn't go skeet shooting if he hated them then he wouldn't associate with Gotham Police Dept and Gordan...

I've never seen or heard of Bruce Wayne lecturing the GCPD on how they shouldn't have guns because their "bad"

Sarah Palin is about the Second Amendment: The right to bare arms (the right to ones own protection) Unfortunately the best way to keep your self protected is with the use of a fire arm.

See if they abolish the Second Amendment meaning the get rid of it. Then we all forfeit our rights to PROTECT OURSELVES. Any type of protection will be limited to the government as far as what you can participate in.

So good by to owning a knife, karate lessens, GUNS, and any other form of protection.

The Batman from the 40s to the 60s might have been Republican, the 70s Batman was more of a liberal. Since the 80s he's been Republican and sometimes even a mad fascist. Soon after Morrison is finished he will be part of the Green environmental movement :cwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"