Batman-Superman: For when you're feeling blue.

Qoèlet said:
This always makes me feel better:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U-9PcHjcKI
God, I loved that movie. Incidentally, I consider this the most important scene in the Animated Batman-Superman film.
That's good stuff. Tim Daly voice VS. Kevin Conroy voice, hehehe. Although I'm not sure Batman should be capable of throwing Superman like that, and I imagine getting tackled like that by Superman would have busted at least one of Batmans ribs.

You know what's funny? Kevin Conroy auditioned for Tim Daly's role on the TV series "Wings" and the producers spent a week thinking it over before they finally chose Daly in place of Conroy.

Well, unless I have my facts wrong, Superman weighs no more than a regular human being, so if he's not expecting it (as he clearly isn't given the look on his face) and doesn't react to it, it's irrelevant how strong he is. It's only possible because he's surprised by it though... otherwise he's just resist and Batman would never be able to move his arm.
As for Batman's ribs, luckily, Superman pulls his punches and probably just intended to put Bats down hard enough that he'd feel it in the morning.

That was some good stuff!

Batman is badass!

That too, though I'd imagine Batman kept it in lead... I mean, do you want a radioactive rock hanging just above your crotch for hours at a time?

I love how Batman waves to Supes after he's seen him. :D

I think it's more of a mock salute, but yeah: hilarious.

I think a guy who can beat up Darkseid and hear people miles and miles away would notice a little homing thing attached to him. Superman and Batman CAN be done... but it's always done in a lazy, cater to the Batfans way where they take away Superman's super speed and make him act like a bumbling moron to make Batman look better. I think that's pretty cheap. I enjoy the Batman/Superman comics that are going right now way more... they don't dumb down Superman to make Batman look more than human, they focus on character over capabilities.

larryfilmmaker said:
I think a guy who can beat up Darkseid and hear people miles and miles away would notice a little homing thing attached to him. Superman and Batman CAN be done... but it's always done in a lazy, cater to the Batfans way where they take away Superman's super speed and make him act like a bumbling moron to make Batman look better. I think that's pretty cheap. I enjoy the Batman/Superman comics that are going right now way more... they don't dumb down Superman to make Batman look more than human, they focus on character over capabilities.
STAS Superman was always de-powered, he couldn't do some of those things in the show. I loved that movie.

yeah I agree, it'd be tough to have him being God-like in a continuing series... Superman's best stories are one time deals... not on going series'

Having incredible strength and equally outstanding hearing have exactly what to do with noticing something slipped into the folds of a cape? It's just sitting there: it's not audible and he can't feel it because it's not even touching him. What an odd aspect of the film to latch on to, and it doesn't really depower Superman at all.

Got to love the tension that is between Bats and Sups, really adds interest to the relationship that not a lot of other superheroes have had. Though there is that little bit of respect there for one and other that is under all the hostility.

I can't imagine the Golden Age "chummy" relationship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"