BvS Batman-Superman Movie in 2015

kvz5

HBIC
Staff member
Reaction score
From LAT:

Warner Bros. is about to bring together two of its most iconic heroes: Superman and Batman will unite in a new film, the follow-up to “Man of Steel,” set for release in 2015.

According to two sources with knowledge of the movie, Warner Bros. intends to announce the news at its Comic-Con International panel Saturday morning. The studio declined to comment.

“Man of Steel” director Zack Snyder is expected to reunite with screenwriter David S. Goyer and star Henry Cavill for the new film. It’s unlikely Christian Bale will step back into the bat suit, as the actor has indicated publicly that he has moved on from his days as Bruce Wayne.

“Man of Steel” producer and “Dark Knight” trilogy director Christopher Nolan is expected by some to produce the project, but the exact nature of his involvement is unclear.

The move marks the culmination of years of effort on the part of Warner Bros. and DC Comics to bring their superheroes together in a similar fashion to their primary competitor Marvel, which successfully combined its superheroes into a $1.5-billion box-office hit with “The Avengers.”

In the comic world, the two heroes are teaming up in a new series, “Batman/Superman,” by writer Greg Pak and artist Jae Lee.

– Nicole Sperling

If true, I'm divided. On one hand I think it's the best way to introduce a new Batman. On the other hand the continuation of the Superman story started in MoS will probably suffer. The ideal would be a full on MoS sequel with Daily Planet stuff and introducing Luthor and after that do a World's Finest movie.

Might be the wrong board to say this in: But I hope that it's a World's Finest in Superman's world so to speak. Let Batman come to Metropolis, let Bruce interact with Lois/Daily Planet/Lexcorp and such instead of the other way around.

I'm really disappointed they're giving this to Snyder and Goyer again. This is what I was afraid of when MoS was a success (and it was a guaranteed success...). They're going to reward the two for getting away with making a mediocre movie. -_-

I thought they would bring in someone other than Goyer, or at least get another mind to work with him, after the lukewarm reception of MoS.

I'm willing to give Goyer and Snyder another chance, MoS might have been a disappointment to me, but it was still pretty good with some fantastic high points. Unfortunelay as a whole it didn't all come together as fantastic. Let's make that happen the second time around!

I'd love to see a movie where both Luthor and Batman are suspicious of this superpowered being, but Supes earns Batman's trust while Luthor becomes his permanent enemy. Could be an interesting entry point into both relationships.

Though to be honest I'd prefer Batman Reboot and MOS 2 before WF.

Goyer works fine as an idea generator in conjunction with other writer/directors/etc; dialogue and individual scenes, on the other hand, are not his selling points. The "he's hot" scene in Man of Steel, terrible lines of dialogue from BB ("That's a nice coat," "Gotta get me one of those,") and pointless scenes with the water authority in BB stand out as elements that should have been purged before they made it to the shooting script, let alone final cut of the film.

I'm really disappointed they're giving this to Snyder and Goyer again. This is what I was afraid of when MoS was a success (and it was a guaranteed success...). They're going to reward the two for getting away with making a mediocre movie. -_-
Well it was great movie for me. My only thing is, im excited about this coming true but im not sure if I want Goyer writing the new Batman.

Im sure a new writer/director will be in tow once this new Batman gets his solo movie, but maybe Goyer should stay away from the reboot all together. Then again maybe it's good to have Goyer be the guy who brings him to life then passes it off to a new writer.

I prefer a solo bat movie announced but ill take World's Finest!

I'd love to see a movie where both Luthor and Batman are suspicious of this superpowered being, but Supes earns Batman's trust while Luthor becomes his permanent enemy. Could be an interesting entry point into both relationships.

Though to be honest I'd prefer Batman Reboot and MOS 2 before WF.

if this film is to be made, i would imagine that luthor will be the main villain. of course you also need some villains to physically deal with supes so, take your pick.

If Nolan produces this with Snyder then I want to see Christian Bale as Batman.

I just hope this isn't a Superman movie co-starring Batman, or vis versa. This needs to be something in which both characters are given their due attention.

As much as I didn't care for Man of Steel, I'd be lying if I said a Snyder-designed Batman doesn't excite me.

Oh my God... if this is true, it's the best news I've heard in a long time! I've been dying for a Snyder-directed Batflick!

From LAT:

The move marks the culmination of years of effort on the part of Warner Bros. and DC Comics to bring their superheroes together in a similar fashion to their primary competitor Marvel, which successfully combined its superheroes into a $1.5-billion box-office hit with “The Avengers.”

What years of effort? They mean one successful enough Superman movie, a dismal Green Lantern and a few failed attempt to get a JL script. :huh:

This just kinda seems like a decision they came to in the last month or so when MOS didn't bomb...

I'm still excited (it's Batman and Superman obviously, despite not thinking much of either Snyder or Goyer my inner fanboy is shrieking in excitement right now) but I need more details. Is WB's panel on at the minute?

If true, its a clever thinking on part of WB, also a good decision.

A Batman without Bale would be a tough sell and a reboot so soon would not do well either.

As Batman can narrate his story via flash backs to Superman, we can get to know this new Batman, also the novelty of seeing the two iconic Superheroes in one movie will give it marketing edge.

As for Superman, if the story is set in Metropolis, we will get to see Superman's world in depth, and it will give Supes some moments to shine as he wins back trust of citizens of Metropolis by helping them, in spite of Lex Luthor's anti-Superman propaganda.

In the end we get some solid foundation set for both the heroes and a possible JL movie.

tumblr_mbsuxhLYYu1riqizno1_500.gif

I'm FREAKING STOKED!

Seeing Batman/Superman on film together is my wet dream and I really loved Man of Steel so I have confidence in Snyder/Goyer.

STOKED!

As much as I didn't care for Man of Steel, I'd be lying if I said a Snyder-designed Batman doesn't excite me.

Agreed!

And now its just a matter of...

reesea7_zpsa3cc6ab1.gif

World's Finest always seemed much more logical than a Justice League movies.

They just need to keep Goyer as far as they can from the writing script.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"