Batman: The Brave and the Bold (General Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard its being in production and that they've already found a voice for BatMan of this series. But than maybe that was just a moron who posted that info on Toon Zone forums, but I found it there will have to see. I hope it ends up happing.

How disappointing. I watch The Batman with my one and three year olds every Saturday morning. It's going to be strange, that's for sure.

On the flipside, my three year old loved the new Spider-Man series so...

I definitely want a new Batman series to be on Cartoon Network & if they truly plan to start another Batman series, they really need to do something new to justify having another series. I say go for more realistic animation, go darker, don't rush the villains & heroes, etc.

I just created a poll for this thread, lets see what you think.

Also, i really think they need to start a new Batman seriews on a new network, cause the WB animation department is mainly targeting to kids, i wanna see a Batman series like BTAS, i mean u can still let kids watch it, but common there are alot of young adults and older people that want a more mature Batman series like the 90's.

They need to use that black background thing that Bruce Timm used cause it made it more darker and visually more realistic. Or just bring back Bruce Timm all together.

I just heard about this. I just hope it's done with better animation than the crap they have now.

The Batman looks bad but at least not as horrible as that new Spider-man cartoon. Yuck!!!

And then there's Legion which is worse, but also canceled. I gotta' say though it was a better show than that total piece of sh1t Teen titans, and that gets to stay on the air. What a load, I hate that goofy gay anime crap. eyes bulging, heads blowing up, just guitared. I'd have loved to have seen a good serious TT cartoon, it's a damn shame.

Maybe Timm will do this one, or it'll be a rip off and just be The Batman turned into a team-up show, which is all it's been lately anyway, the thing's still just a toy commercial with horrible redesigns of great villians, what they've done to the Joker is a crime. Every time I see how bad
Joker in TDK looks I just take a breath and remember that at least he doesn't look as horrid as the Batman version of The Joker.

any cartoon has to be better then the new transformers animated, abomination.

If they do another one it should be:
1. More realistic: this means no stupid exaggerated emotions and no stupid animation like Anime. No matter what people say, Batman was NEVER made for anime and should NEVER be shown in anime.

2. Before you start bringing in really stupid villains, bring in the classics (like two face) and have them true to the characters. This doesn't mean make it exclusive to classics, it means stay clear of dumb villains and bring cool ones like Hush!

3. Stay true to the comics!!! That means even truer then TAS! (Yes this includes the Huntress)

4. Make it DARK. For my definition of Dark, look at Mask of the Phantasm or the batman comics with art by Jeph Loeb.

Just MO and I think most would agree.

Oh and please have GOOD voice actors. Like the original Batman voice and bring back Hamill as Joker.

If they do another one it should be:
1. More realistic: this means no stupid exaggerated emotions and no stupid animation like Anime. No matter what people say, Batman was NEVER made for anime and should NEVER be shown in anime.

2. Before you start bringing in really stupid villains, bring in the classics (like two face) and have them true to the characters. This doesn't mean make it exclusive to classics, it means stay clear of dumb villains and bring cool ones like Hush!

3. Stay true to the comics!!! That means even truer then TAS! (Yes this includes the Huntress)

4. Make it DARK. For my definition of Dark, look at Mask of the Phantasm or the batman comics with art by Jeph Loeb.

Just MO and I think most would agree.

Oh and please have GOOD voice actors. Like the original Batman voice and bring back Hamill as Joker.

Bat-Embargo. Just like JLU had an embargo put on it for The Batman and Batman Begins, The Batman also had an embargo put on it for Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. This is why we had no Scarecrow, no Ra's Al Ghul, and no Two-Face.

That's why this series never reached it's full potential, it didn't have some of the greatest villains in Batman's rogue gallery.

For some reason animation has turned bad, but whatever. Sounds like the series is confirmed though. Its called Batman: The brave and the bold.

i suppose i will wait for a trailer before i knock it. but i have a feeling it wont be good.

I just heard about this. I just hope it's done with better animation than the crap they have now.

The Batman looks bad but at least not as horrible as that new Spider-man cartoon. Yuck!!!

And then there's Legion which is worse, but also canceled. I gotta' say though it was a better show than that total piece of sh1t Teen titans, and that gets to stay on the air. What a load, I hate that goofy gay anime crap. eyes bulging, heads blowing up, just guitared. I'd have loved to have seen a good serious TT cartoon, it's a damn shame.

Maybe Timm will do this one, or it'll be a rip off and just be The Batman turned into a team-up show, which is all it's been lately anyway, the thing's still just a toy commercial with horrible redesigns of great villians, what they've done to the Joker is a crime. Every time I see how bad
Joker in TDK looks I just take a breath and remember that at least he doesn't look as horrid as the Batman version of The Joker.
You probably didn't even watch that show because us fans love it. Just like 616 Spidey greatness. The characterization for the characters are top notch.

I think the move makes sense.
The Batman was created to coincide with the release of Batman Begins. To start up the whole Bat-mania again if you will.

Now that The Dark Knight is well on it's way... It's only makes to create another Batman cartoon show.

They will never have a dark childrens show. It not gonna happen unless theres a 180 in tv censoring. After rewatching the old series, the only dark bits were that after the change in animation, Bruce became more introverted(pre gotham knights, Bruce was not like the batman persona, in gotham knights he is the batman persona but hey thats character evolution), and others are darker. It was Batman Beyond that put happy endings in the trash. Also dark is a lot of times effected by the music. The Batman was about showing batman as a hero and so the music was more upbeat.

Now staying true to the comics to me is irrelevant with a character with such a long history. The history of the comics gets reinvented every time theres a new issue. Batman had this teacher, or he went here when he was 15. I don't think Two Face for instance should be a guy who wears makeup, but asking for the basic origin is fine by me. Staying true just cant be done unless its say a limited series like Wanted, or an arc.

The Batman have some of the ****tiest dialogue I've ever heard in a cartoon.

fair enough...but reeeeeealy kinda tired of the 'tim-style'...and 'the batman' style...need new blood...litereally and figureatively.

Amen. The visual style of the animated DC universe has become so one dimensional thanks to Bruce Timm always being involved that it makes my teeth hurt. Even when given an opportunity to try something different (Superman: Doomsday) the guy didn't really show any variety at all aesthetically. It's time for a change cause as much as I loved TAS both for Supes and Bats as well as JL and JLU his style has become played. I would love something a lot more "comic booky" to be tried. One of the reasons I respect what The Batman accomplished is that the show at least tried to break from the status quo and was brave enough to reinterpret the classic designs to fit within it's own universe.

I look forward to this show as I love the classic B&B stories I haven't followed the relaunch much at all though. But it is a cool concept for animation. I'd rather see a Batman and The Outsiders series or even moreso a weekly Green Lantern/Green Arrow series reminiscent of the classic Neil Adams works on that title.

I have always wanted a Brave and The Bold, World's Finest cartoon and I hope it happens. This will have tons of potential if done correctly, and especially if they can revamp the animation.

I have been watching alot of the old Justice League cartoons on Boomerang, and if they can stick with that level of audience it would totally rock. But even if they are half of the level of what the JLU used to be I will be happy.

It's my opinion that a hero like Batman isn't even truly meant for children. Looking back at the 90's animated series, that series was definitely not meant for small children. It just had to be meant for kids in their late teens & adults because the show was very dark and had themes that only older kids & adults would understand. It's my belief that this is how a lot of superhero shows need to be done. So far we've gotten a great animated Batman show that was pretty dark & a great animated Spider-Man show that was somewhat dark. If we got more superhero cartoons like this, they'd be more enjoyable.

It's my opinion that a hero like Batman isn't even truly meant for children. Looking back at the 90's animated series, that series was definitely not meant for small children. It just had to be meant for kids in their late teens & adults because the show was very dark and had themes that only older kids & adults would understand. It's my belief that this is how a lot of superhero shows need to be done. So far we've gotten a great animated Batman show that was pretty dark & a great animated Spider-Man show that was somewhat dark. If we got more superhero cartoons like this, they'd be more enjoyable.

I agree with this statement. Batman's a dark character, and shouldn't be targeted for children, Batman just doesn't fit in that audience.

I was slightly agreeing with you until...

a great animated Spider-Man show that was somewhat dark.

That show wasn't dark AT ALL.

I agree...

I think a Brave and the Bold series focusing on Batman teaming up with other superheroes is kinda a lame idea....

Why only Batman?

So if every episode is just a team-up episode, does that mean there's going to be no on-going storyline? No story/character arcs?

Eventually, they will run out of superheroes and either begin repeating the team-ups or picking 2nd and 3rd tier heroes for Batman to join with....

I would much rather get a Timmverse Wonder Woman series, Flash series, Green Lantern series, or The Question series.... and I would prefer each of these series be a PREQUEL to Justice League, since that would make the most sense.... and for fun, later on, in like season 3, we could have a time-travel-to-the-future episode.... and get some JL/JLU cameos....

Greg

I hope this series does get made, but you know it will be too kiddy. Just look at the new animated series that is showing on WB Kids, it is kiddy as hell. We probably will never see a animated series like the first one. The first one was so dark, the villains were crazy and psychotic, the way they should be.

Watch out everyone, they could do like the new IronMan cartoon and make Batman a teenager. Just hope it doesn't get picked up by Nickelodean (Where apparently everybody is a teenager).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"