Batman: The Brave and the Bold (General Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
02.jpg
01.jpg

1940s Green Arrow, 1960s Batman, 2006 Blue Beetle.

They need to be consistent in which era the cartoon takes place.
As if BTAS was so consistent, with their 30ies architecture, 50ies cars and 90ies/futuristic technology... :dry:

I don't think this looks bad at all. I like the retro look...

I really like the retro look as well, reminds of of New Frontier. :up:

Though I already have some other reservations about the series, for starters the modern Blue Beetle doesn't jive with the other designs. But beyond that, I'm not really behind the idea for this "Batman and ________!!!" series. Season 5 of The Batman did the same thing, and it ended up being a weak, formulaic season. And, while he is my favorite character, I wish DC would give us something besides a Batman series. I'd take anything at this point, even if it were just another Superman. But, I'll watch it, and I'll give it a fair chance to impress me. I loved B:TAS, I loved The Batman, chances are I'll love this...

Oh god. More Fisher Price Little People crap like the s**ty new Spider-Man cartoon. PASS.

As if BTAS was so consistent, with their 30ies architecture, 50ies cars and 90ies/futuristic technology... :dry:

They did that to be timeless...they didnt have 70's Nightwing with 30's Superman.

I am digging the look of the animation, I like that they are steering away from the look of The Batman and the Timm-verse style of Superheroes.

Not sure the current Blue Beetle fits in with the silver age look of Green Arrow and Batman, would have been better to use the Ted Kord or Dan Garrett design.

I am excited for the new show :batty:

I am digging the look of the animation, I like that they are steering away from the look of The Batman and the Timm-verse style of Superheroes.

Not sure the current Blue Beetle fits in with the silver age look of Green Arrow and Batman, would have been better to use the Ted Kord or Dan Garrett design.

I am excited for the new show :batty:

An animated Ted Kord would kick soo much ass.

I'm not familiar with the brave and the bold. Is it campy like Superfriends campy? The animation is not my style. I just want some rated R Batman cartoon or a different cartoon with another superhero.

I'm liking the art.

However, a reliable source (if anyone wants to know, PM me) told me this show was supposed to be in continuity with "The Batman". And seeing much of the crew from TB return in this one (including Michael Jelenic, who story edited the fourth season) seems a little bizarre.

However, a change in artwork also occured for the DCAU between B:TAS and GK, so that can't be a problem. As long as they explain Green Arrow, I'm fine.

Either way, this looks good.

I'm not familiar with the brave and the bold. Is it campy like Superfriends campy? The animation is not my style. I just want some rated R Batman cartoon or a different cartoon with another superhero.

Brave and the Bold came out around the 70s and I'm pretty sure O'Neil wrote it, so I wouldn't exactly say it was campy.

"Equal doses comedy and high stakes?" So even more kidtastic than The Batman. How utterly disappointing. Suddenly The Batman looks a lot better.

WHAT?

Spectacular Spider-Man is AWESOME!

The writing and voice acting, yes, it's great...best superhero series in years.

The animation style? God no, worst superhero series in years...and with it's main competition in that respect being The Batman's americanime s**t, that's saying alot. Everyone has lifeless doll eyes, and looks like Little People from Fisher Price. They all have square faces, and there's no sense of anatomy at all. I dont mind simplifiying things...Justice League did it brilliantly...but this goes beyond that, and makes everything look kiddy and stupid. I cant even watch the show because it hurts my eyes looking at it.

Oh, ok. Yeah, I agree. :p

Well, I actually think the animation is great. Just the character designs that are a bit iffy. But I still love it.

The animation itself is fine yes. But the character designes are the most horrid thing I've ever seen, and it completely ruins the show for me. Some things are just unforgiveable in animation, and one of the is having your characters look like complete and utter non-human freaks.

this cartoon looks aweful

why are they saturating the batman market.

dcau isn't finished, then they have the batman start, then just as that finishes, this starts up and there's also a batman anime coming out

talk about overkill...

because of the movie embargo, they probably won't even have the joker in it...

I don't like the animation. Looks like the old Dick Sprang 70s look.

This show looks and feels bad

it's whole plot device sounds like the last series of the batman, i.e batman teams up with a different hero every episode which limits the growth of bats and that hero to a 2d plot device.

I'm not sure how I feel about this series to be honest. The animation does look a bit childish but I guess the silver age look fits in with The Brave And The Bold comics era. I don't like it that much but the same was true when they unveilled images of how the characters in Spectacular Spider-Man would look and despite not liking the images I've still enjoyed the series so far. So I'll reserve judgement at the moment until I've seen a few episodes of the final product. Fingers crossed it'll be worth watching because in the last couple of years IMHO, The Batman, which had the shakiest of starts has managed to grow into a pretty decent superhero cartoon and they've pretty much replaced that with this.

Eh.

That's all I have to say. The designs look weird, and I can't believe they went with that version of Blue Beetle.

Than again, I didn't like the designs for Spectacular Spider-Man at first, either, so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"