Batman: The Doom That Came To Gotham (DTV)

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
Reaction score
A new Batman animated film will be released next year under the 'DC Animated Movie' banner. I have never read this graphic novel, but it seems like an interesting one to adapt.

See slide 3:

Last edited:
A Mignola horror-infused Batman animation sounds pretty great, even if I haven’t read the source material.

The hell? I'm really interested to see just how faithful an adaptation this is going to be. Also has one of my favourite batsuits so interesting to see the art style.

Sounds interesting. I haven't read the GN (and won't now until I've seen this) but I've read a lot of Lovecraft and I look forward to seeing how this works.

DC just provided a little extra confirmation that it is indeed based on the Mignola story, not just borrowing the title:

Batman: The Doom that Came to Gotham is inspired by the 2000-2001 Elseworlds miniseries written by Mike Mignola and Richard Pace and illustrated by Troy Nixey. (If you haven’t read that one, you should. It’s wild and packed with Lovecraftian imagery, as Mignola is well-known for.)

Really do not understand these new adaptations where the artist is the whole reason why people like the original and they don't even try to replicate it. I could be wrong... but I feel like this is going that way. Gotham by Gaslight was so disappointing.

The Long Halloween not going strictly Sale was slightly disappointing, but I’m a bigger fan of the new art style than what was happening through most of the 2010s.

This doesn’t appear to be part of the shared universe, though, so there’s still hope.

Really do not understand these new adaptations where the artist is the whole reason why people like the original and they don't even try to replicate it. I could be wrong... but I feel like this is going that way. Gotham by Gaslight was so disappointing.

Yeah, that pretty much sums up my feelings too. I mean, yeah, I would like to see this, if it is done
with a bigger budget. But it wouldn't surprise me if this ends up like a motion comic mixed with a saturday morning cartoon from the 80s.

First image and cast announced:

Batman-Doom-Still-Publicity-H-2022.jpg

The Dark Knight is headed to the 1920s in Batman: The Doom That Came To Gotham, with A Million Little Things actor David Giuntoli starring as Batman.

The actor leads a voice cast that includes Tati Gabrielle as Kai Li Cain, Christopher Gorham as Oliver Queen, John DiMaggio as James Gordon, Patrick Fabian as Harvey Dent, Brian George as Alfred and Jason Marsden as Dick Grayson and Young Bruce Wayne.

Other members of the cast include Karan Brar as Sanjay “Jay” Tawde, David Dastmalchian as Grendon, Navid Negahban as Ra’s al Ghul, Emily O’Brien as Talia al Ghul and Martha Wayne, Tim Russ as Lucius Fox, Matthew Waterson as Jason Blood/Etrigan, Jeffrey Combs as Kirk Langstrom, William Salyers as Cobblepot, Gideon Adlon as Oracle and Darin De Paul as Thomas Wayne.

Batman: The Doom That Came To Gotham Cast Revealed – The Hollywood Reporter

A role reprisal for David Giuntoli. I liked what he did in Batman: Soul of the Dragon and I guess Sam Liu did too. I actually thought Timm might have poached him for Batman: Caped Crusader.

Art style looks good and certainly more 'Mignola'-esque than Gotham By Gaslight. Looking forward to it.

Getting a big kick out of the fact that Superman and Lois’s Lois Lane is married to a guy who has now played Batman twice.

TLH is a part of the animation universe, it's the same style as the JSA flash movie, GL, And superman movie.

Way too many characters for a 70-80 minute animated flick. Unless this is a longer movie.

I thought that was Wonder Woman at first.

Sounds all super cool; I’m curious to see how it all shapes out.

This will be Sam Liu's last project for WB Animation. He has had quite the presence at the studio over the last 20 years since he started working on The Batman.

Another return to the Victorian era of Gotham, similar to the previous incarnation elseworld tale Batman: Gotham by Gaslight.

Dc knows that Batman is their primary prize golden goose. You put out a good Batman related property out on the market your going to collect big on your investment it’s just a fact. I work in retail and we sell Batman related products fairly quickly more than the other DC characters.

This looks a little like Soul of the Dragon too me, which I still haven’t been able to finish.

Feeling a little whelmed watching this trailer admittedly but I’ll certainly be checking out when it drops online.

Who’s the voice actor for Batman? He sounds familiar. I’m not a fan of the voice though.

Who’s the voice actor for Batman? He sounds familiar. I’m not a fan of the voice though.

David Giuntoli, who previously voiced the character in Batman: Soul of the Dragon.

He definitely sounds... different here. He seems to be going for a huskier, grittier, almost Bale-lite approach. I actually thought Bruce Timm might have snatched him up for Batman: Caped Crusader, before he was cast in this project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"