BvS Batman V Superman Box Office Prediction - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez with a 70% drop on week 2 of all times... can you imagine what the 3rd week drop will be if this continues? $20m? $10m? yeesh...

With these drops.... there's no denying that Snyder's definitely going to be out of the DCEU now.

BatmanvSuperman said:
jokespost.png

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=121

Jokes I ain't gonna lie, got some doubts on this.

Seeing so many die hard supporters in this thread, myself included, is disheartening. The box office drop is looking pretty harsh at this point. This doesn't seem to be the type of film people feel they need to go to multiple viewings of it seems. That's got to speak to the quality aspects we discuss as well.

Anyone know in terms of the box office and cost of film, what the actual break-even is likely to be?

Last edited:
I expect Greg Silverman and maybe Diane Nelson to be fired next week. Most likely Greg, I don't what will happen to Zack but the execs leave first. Remember that the execs gave the green light and money

I just want that idiot from Fandango fired for this quote...

"Fandango is seeing 30% more repeat business for Batman v Superman than the company sees for a typical blockbuster,” said Fandango’s vice president of communications Dana Henry Benson

Seeing so many die hard supporters in this thread, myself included, is disheartening. The box office drop is looking pretty harsh at this point. This doesn't seem to be the type of film people feel they need to go to multiple viewings of it seems. That's got to speak to the quality aspects we discuss as well.

Anyone know in terms of the box office and cost of film, what the actual break-even is likely to be?
http://deadline.com/2016/03/batman-v-superman-opening-weekend-box-office-records-1201726300/

Warner Bros.’ Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice might come up $3.7M million short of breaking even in its global theatrical run. However, the first title in DC features 2.0., which was blasted by critics with a 29% Rotten score and given a B CinemaScore from audiences, likely will turn a minimum profit of $207.9M once all revenue streams are accounted. Warner Bros provided no comment about BvS projections. Financial analysts today assembled a bare-minimum projection for the Zack Snyder movie, which is projected to turn in a domestic B.O. of $375M (2.25 times its $166M FSS) and a global take of $925M.

It seems it had to make around $930m to break even without other revenue streams.

Analysts figure the bare minimum break even target is at least $800mil. Only WB knows for sure though.

Edit: that's the Lowest estimate. The one Darph posted above is probably nearer the mark.

Last edited:
https://49.media.tumblr.com/df94b02640ece5486be5d33f0f8f18c4/tumblr_np356lvIyl1u62kxvo1_500.gif

Warner Bros.’ Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice might come up $3.7M million short of breaking even in its global theatrical run. However, the first title in DC features 2.0., which was blasted by critics with a 29% Rotten score and given a B CinemaScore from audiences, likely will turn a minimum profit of $207.9M once all revenue streams are accounted. Warner Bros provided no comment about BvS projections. Financial analysts today assembled a bare-minimum projection for the Zack Snyder movie, which is projected to turn in a domestic B.O. of $375M (2.25 times its $166M FSS) and a global take of $925M.

It seems it had to make around $930m to break even.
If keeping Snyder they need to reduce his budget lol :eek:

This won't get past $350 now. It'll just make it past $300. Pretty bad for a studio who wanted Avengers and SW numbers in the month of March.

Didn't they need to make at least $450 here to break even?

I expect Greg Silverman and maybe Diane Nelson to be fired next week. Most likely Greg, I don't what will happen to Zack but the execs leave first. Remember that the execs gave the green light and money
Snyder's contract for Justice League supposedly comes with multi-million dollar payday if he's taken off the project.

For comparison, BvS's second weekend is going to be lower than Zootopia's if this holds, despite Zootopia having opened to less than half as much.

It'll barely break $300 million DOM at this point.

For comparison, BvS's second weekend is going to be lower than Zootopia's if this holds, despite Zootopia having opened to less than half as much.

Zootopia really had me surprised and this is a movie that definitelly deserves to make a billion. Still my favourite movie of 2016 so far.

It'll barely break $300 million DOM at this point.
If it continued dropping at this rate, 330-340, probably.

So it would gross less than Deadpool. ****ing Deadpool beating Batman and Superman.

Having that big of a drop on it's second weekend with absolutely no competition is really not a good sign. I mean it would be excusable if there was some actual competition, but it looks like people just straight up didn't like the movie and bad word of the mouth really effected it.

Some people were saying that this would gross more than Civil War. Yeah, that's definitely not happening.

Snyder's contract for Justice League supposedly comes with multi-million dollar payday if he's taken off the project.

Warners has no choice at this point. If they want JL to be marketable they must fire Snyder. I mean, by his own admission, when asked about the critics he said "I don't know what I could've done differently." The guy is just tone deaf. He makes what he wants to make and is incapable of making something more marketable. Warners NEEDS DCEU to be MARKETABLE above all else. Snyder, in his own words, is not capable of that.

If it continued dropping at this rate, 330-340, probably.

So it would gross less than Deadpool. ****ing Deadpool beating Batman and Superman.
Same genre, but widely liked without polarization. Not as well known of character either, so lowered stakes and expectations along with being considered a much better film makes that a definite possibility.

Snyder doesn't have to go... he just needs to be controlled and micro-managed to hell on Justice League.

But yeah, after JL... get him the hell out of there.
What is the point if he is "controlled" and micro-manged?

Do we have any actuals for the second weekend? Or just projections?

Warners has no choice at this point. If they want JL to be marketable they must fire Snyder. I mean, by his own admission, when asked about the critics he said "I don't know what I could've done differently." The guy is just tone deaf. He makes what he wants to make and is incapable of making something more marketable. Warners NEEDS DCEU to be MARKETABLE above all else. Snyder, in his own words, is not capable of that.
I could be wrong but weren't you a mod a day ago or is that a different Matt? :huh:

Anyways, agreed that replacing Snyder could be the endgame but is there still time for that to take place? It seems like too much is already in motion.

As was said in an earlier version of this thread, all the blame can't land on Snyder.

Say what you want about his choices as a director, the script is a a MUCH bigger issue IMO.

Maybe DC should market this now as "come see the movie so bad, no one wants to see it!"

Anyone want to predict how much Justice League will make? It comes out in November 2017.

Anyone want to predict how much Justice League will make? It comes out in November 2017.

If Snyder stays? Thor 3 will outgross it.

If Snyder's replaced with a much better director and the films delayed? Hopefully a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"