BvS Batman V Superman Box Office Prediction

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalonewolf

Civilian
Reaction score
I really think mos2 will make a billion in two weeks how's about everyone else
P.s don't come on this thread talking negative this thread is strictly for those who respect the dcu and it's ideals

I dont even wanna go there. 2 years away from the movie. We havent seen a single image...

I'll wait a bit

I dont even wanna go there. 2 years away from the movie. We havent seen a single image...

I'll wait a bit

It can be discuss only because this is a movie that have never been done before and many are already predicting upwards of 1bil
And also I can't wait any longer to discuss it lol

800 million should be the floor for this movie. How it does from there is anybody's guess.

$2.2 Billion. Probably won't unseat Avatar, but honestly, what other type of movie do you think could ever have a shot of doing that? If there is one this would be it.

$2.2 Billion. Probably won't unseat Avatar, but honestly, what other type of movie do you think could ever have a shot of doing that? If there is one this would be it.

How long did avatar stay in theaters?
And how many times did it get re - released

It can be discuss only because this is a movie that have never been done before and many are already predicting upwards of 1bil
And also I can't wait any longer to discuss it lol

I just dont want to discuss it, because i have my frikking fingers crossed haha.

Don't wanna jinx anything:csad:

I think many of you are expecting too much. 2 billion? Wow. It's very rare for a film to get up around the 2 billion mark.

It's hard to estimate without seeing any footage, but my guess would be:

800 million if it's just ok/decent
1 billion if it's great

500px-Dr_-Evil-One-Million-Dollars.png

How long did avatar stay in theaters?
And how many times did it get re - released

I know it was in domestic theaters from December - August. It was just a consistent performer for a long time both domestically and internationally.

I think a $200+ milllion opening weekend (probably more like $230 million) is already a guarantee with this movie domestically no matter the quality of it. If the movie reviews highly and gets great world of mouth then it becomes a longevity game. If that happens then $700 million domestic isn't crazy and $1.5 billion overseas isn't crazy either.

If the movie gets mixed critical and fan reception then I think its' floor is $1.2 Billion (IM3 numbers) because people will see Batman vs Superman on screen together for the first time regardless of what critics say.

depends on the date it opens and competition present. What marvel has often had happen is clear skies and a market full of films with bad reviews(just look at what's happening now). If things hold as as they currently are, BvS will not be granted the Avengers or IM situation, quite the opposite.

As for a bill in two weeks. WB doesn't do the marvel like fast international rollouts so it's a very different game imo.

I really think mos2 will make a billion in two weeks

:doh: I wish...not possible in any way, but I wish.

I'm hoping, with a good script and compelling story, that it has legs to cross the $1 billion by the end of its run.

Still two years away from release and we need a prediction thread on how much money it will make?.:funny:

People should take into account that transformers 3 which had no great script or story made over a billion. Dont put so much emphasis on quality of movie/script being the main factor of this movies box office performance.

Still two years away from release and we need a prediction thread on how much money it will make?.:funny:

It beats arguing about MoS, or the BvS casting, for the 100th time. We have nothing to discuss without suit images so let the predictions begin :word:

It beats arguing about MoS, or the BvS casting, for the 100th time.

Oh anything beats that tired crap. I'd share a lively discussion about what Bruce Wayne eats for breakfast every day if it would avoid more 'sky is falling' hater fanboy moping about "I have no more faith in Snyder, boo-hoo. Oh my baby feelings are hurt!" :whatever:

I just want a good movie, im not seeing any of that cash anyway. :o

Around what The Avengers did, probably a bit more.

As for a bill in two weeks. WB doesn't do the marvel like fast international rollouts so it's a very different game imo.

WB tends to do day-and-date worldwide releases for their tentpole franchises -- but it's contingent on the release date for sure.

The end product will end up determining the film's prospects at the box office. If it's good and WB pushes it (we know they will), it's going to do very well whenever it's released. And as something like Gravity and The Avengers shows, stellar WOM can really help its opening weekend too.

It's too early, but here are my predictions:

Opening weekend: $120M-$150M
Domestic cume: $400M
Worldwide gross: $850M-$900M

Of course, it's subject to change when the marketing materials, first photos, and trailers come out.

Around what The Avengers did, probably a bit more.

That works for me...as long as the experience of the film is good, all I really care about in the end.

That being said...to be honest, and call me a flamer or hater if you want, I wanna see BvS wipe the floor with Cap 3 just on principle to slap Marvel's little pee-pee.
Move Cap 3 into the April 2016 date and talk a lot of trash in TWS panels; what comes around, goes around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"