BvS Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice News, Set & Official Photo Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
10424602_638556309546986_1872090423_n.jpg

Can anyone with better eyes tell me what year the Metropolis Fire Department was established? I'm just curious...

I actually have a direct flight from London to Metropolis tonight. I'll ask Diana before I leave the UK...and then confirm with MFD when I get there. :cwink:

LexCorp+32.JPG

Set+Batman+V+Superman+pantalla+verde.JPG

look at your right, it's clearly the hand of the statue of superman. The statue is segmented, that's due to the CGI or that it's not finished yet. Cough destroying with a fight cough.

I wonder why even fire dept. something huge happened there.... cough Cyborg cough?

So, cough, cough ...could be a research facility. Cough...could be studying Kryptonian artifacts donated by Superman...cough, could have a statue in front of it honoring Superman building and stocking the facility, cough ..almost a Star Lab...and Cyborg is a researcher. Well was a researcher till an accident which leads him to get mechanical body parts to compensate for his injuries. Possibly the statue is damaged in the explosion or whatever. It looks unfinished and its hard to say if it is meant to be that way or will be completed. My stab at what may be going on.

With all the CGI done today, you can't really trust anything you see.

However, I'd assume this is some sort of LexCorp research facility, I don't really think the military would show up at LexCorp 'corporate headquarters' like they seem like might ... showing up at a research facility where all hell is breaking loose for whatever reason seems to make more sense ... but again, that is speculation as well.

With all the CGI done today, you can't really trust anything you see.

However, I'd assume this is some sort of LexCorp research facility, I don't really think the military would show up at LexCorp 'corporate headquarters' like they seem like might ... showing up at a research facility where all hell is breaking loose for whatever reason seems to make more sense ... but again, that is speculation as well.

Expanding on your point. A Lex research faciltity where Lex has tricked Superman into donating Kryptonian artifacts so he, Lex, can have them studied and put to use to "help" mankind. In honor of Superman's donations Lex has the statue built outside the facility.

Nice one Chris how do you know Amy was filming in there? Any set pics of her?

So, cough, cough ...could be a research facility. Cough...could be studying Kryptonian artifacts donated by Superman...cough, could have a statue in front of it honoring Superman building and stocking the facility, cough ..almost a Star Lab...and Cyborg is a researcher. Well was a researcher till an accident which leads him to get mechanical body parts to compensate for his injuries. Possibly the statue is damaged in the explosion or whatever. It looks unfinished and its hard to say if it is meant to be that way or will be completed. My stab at what may be going on.
I don't think they are donated by Superman, just they took without noticing as the drop ship in the artic from Zod and the battle suit from Zod in one of his buildings :oldrazz:

I don't think they are donated by Superman, just they took without noticing as the drop ship in the artic from Zod and the battle suit from Zod in one of his buildings :oldrazz:

I dunno. I think Luthor will try to use Superman to his own ends at first. pretend to be a friend. Maybe get Superman to donate some kind of kryptonian tech to Luthor's research lab. Maybe build the statue as part of a grand deception to catch Superman off-guard and strike at him when Superman least expects it.

I dunno. I think Luthor will try to use Superman to his own ends at first. pretend to be a friend. Maybe get Superman to donate some kind of kryptonian tech to Luthor's research lab. Maybe build the statue as part of a grand deception to catch Superman off-guard and strike at him when Superman least expects it.
Maybe to be a friend at first. but at this time he'll have those things as we've seen on the MOS extras. But I doubt Superman will donate things that he surely things are dangerous in the wrong hands.

^ You read El Mayimbe's latest Avengers "scoop", didn't you?

^ You read El Mayimbe's latest Avengers "scoop", didn't you?

Reading Mayimbe's Avengers 2 scoop makes me believe that Whedon is going to steal a major Superman moment for the climax of Age of Ultron, namely this

2397714-a2f82fbe-d061-48c9-bc15-1f9c78642d0a.jpg

looks like 1849. not sure. first 3 numbers are easier to tell but can't really see the last one.

I was thinking 1847, but yeah around there.

It would be interesting if that date was actually 1938 - to coincide with Superman's first appearance in comics! But that would make Metropolis a pretty young city and wouldn't be conducive to the size and scale of the portrayed population and structures.

I was thinking 1847, but yeah around there.

It would be interesting if that date was actually 1938 - to coincide with Superman's first appearance in comics! But that would make Metropolis a pretty young city and wouldn't be conducive to the size and scale of the portrayed population and structures.

Yeah, that is kinda why I was curious to know what the date was: To see if it had any kind of correlation with an important year in the comics. However, I cannot recall any Superman/Metropolis stories taking place in the 19th century. It seems like there were several stories about Gotham in the 1800s (or at least references to that time period) but I cannot recall any about Metropolis.

Yeah, that is kinda why I was curious to know what the date was: To see if it had any kind of correlation with an important year in the comics. However, I cannot recall any Superman/Metropolis stories taking place in the 19th century. It seems like there were several stories about Gotham in the 1800s (or at least references to that time period) but I cannot recall any about Metropolis.

Well, let me get my geek hat on...according to http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Metropolis "The history of Metropolis stretches back to the year 1542 when Italian navigator Vincenzo Gnanatti discovered the region while in the employ of the Dutch." ...anyway, not sure if that is even relevant, but interesting at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"