BvS Batman v Superman Plot Speculation

Dé Dannan

Civilian
Reaction score
Zack Snyder said that Batman v Superman will not be based on The Dark Knight Returns, but will be influenced by it.

Superman at the end of Man of Steel has been established as a strong ally of the US government. In DK Returns, this was also the case, and the US government ordered Superman to take down Batman, a rogue vigilante.

So the next film could work with an older and wiser Batman in his 40s, who, thus far has eluded arrest...

Or a younger Batman, Cavill's age, who has just burst onto the scene.

I have no idea who the villain will be that causes Batman and Superman to join forces together, but I don't see it being Lex Luthor just yet...

I wonder could brainiac make an appearance?

-Batman investigates Superman
-They meet, they fight
-Work together to defeat the big baddie
-They become sorta-friends
-Tease JL

Bruce Wayne will visit Metropolis for a meeting with Lex Luthor. Will be a decoy for a reconnaissance mission to investigate 'the alien' who is more frequent in Metropolis then anywhere on the planet. (cue detective) and he will deduce his identity as Clark Kent, reporter.

Be lots of Justice League and DC universe easter egg references.

When Batman and Superman do meet for the first time their will be a throw down. Superman doesn't trust Batman because he is a wanted man in Gotham by the police (therefore in Superman's eyes a criminal). Batman doesn't trust Superman because of the alien invasion and his massive threat to planet.

Lex Luthor and Joker will be the villains. Lex Luthor doesn't trust Superman and wants him gone. Hires the Joker and uses scavanged Kryptonian technology to create a gun that shoot Red Solar radiation (weakens Superman).

There will be an explanation as to why nobody recognises Clark Kent as Superman in Metropolis and daily planet.

My ideal movie would be Superman is doing a great job in Metropolis, but he is still getting used to the power that come along with his abilities. Batman in Gotham is highly critical of Superman's good intentions and wonders what would happen if he switched sides. Bruce Wayne (Having figured out Superman's identity using high-tech and good old fashioned detective techniques) visits Metropolis under the guise of a business trip. It is here where he learns about Krypton and the effects earth's sun radiation has on the man of steel. He deduces that perhaps a piece of his home planet (synthesized of not) might be enough to reduce Superman's powers. Batman creates kryptonite like in The Dark Knight Returns, and confronts Superman. A fight ensues when Superman mistakingly learns about Batman's plan to beat him, thinking it is a threat rather than an insurance policy. Naturally Batman wins, He has the skill, the smarts and most importantly the kryptonite. Superman learns Batman is on his side when he refuses to kill him and instead offers to be an ally.

I imagine there would be a larger sweeping arch for The Man of Steel himself, but to me at least this is what I would like to see. I'm flexible though and I have all the faith in the world until the movie is actually released.

Bruce arrives at Metropolis to help Lex Luthor rebuild the city. Why is he really there? To investigate some of Lex's shenanigans. Just like he did with the meeting with Lau in TDK. Turns out Lex's shenanigans involve killing Supes. Reporter Clark Kent is hot on the story as well. Wayne gives Kent an interview.

-Supes and Bats meet and they discover each others identity.
-"I don't like your style." "Well, I don't like yours!"
-They fight
-They realize the true threat Lex and Joker (please be Joker...please be Joker) are up to some real bad stuff!
-Supes and Bats team up to fight the threat
-"Hey I kind of like you." "Hey I kind of like you!"
-"I was trained by a League of Shadows. They sought to destroy civilization."
-"Maybe we could create a League of Justice to save civilization!"
-"You mean a Justice League?" (turn and wink at camera)

Here's my idea for how Batman/Bruce Wayne can fit into this story.

Following the events of MoS, Metropolis is in the process of rebuilding. There are two major competitors bidding on the rebuilding of the city, LexCorp and Wayne Enterprises. Clark is assigned to cover a story about Bruce Wayne and his reasons behind getting involved in Metropolis and the competition with Lex Luthor, who is also leading a public campaign against Superman and blames him for the death and destruction.

During this time, Wayne is having some of his job sites sabotaged and destroyed by Luthors men so our first intro to Batman is him fighting Lex's thugs. Just as the fight is ending, Superman intervenes and Batman and Superman go at it, basically as two alpha males trying to show their dominance. The story progresses to where the two eventually team up as they realize they are fighting for the same ideas but both aren't 100% trusting of each other. But they know they are against Lex Luthor who may team up with another Kryptonian villain (ie Brainiac). At the end, both know they can rely on each other, but still have their reservations about what each other is doing.

I think what we'll see is a story where Clark and Bruce are professionally around each other with Clark eventually deducting that Bruce is Batman by using his x-ray vision to see deep tissue damage from a fight they were in against each other. But I think what we'll see is a Clark Kent meeting Bruce Wayne, and knowing each other first as their non-hero personas.

I think you will see a first act of introducing Bruce Wayne and Lex Luthor, a second act of Luthor gaining power and allies (human and alien) with Batman and Superman being at odds with each other, then a 3rd and final act where they finally team up (reluctantly for the most part) to save the day.

I would say in the end it will be 70% Clark/Superman and 30% Bruce/Batman in terms of screen presence and we rarely see Batman or Bruce without Clark Kent/Superman involved.

I don't know, just my two cents on how to put him into the story, keep it Superman centered, but still give enough to introduce a character like Batman for new films and the possible creation of the Justice League.

Bruce arrives at Metropolis to help Lex Luthor rebuild the city. Why is he really there? To investigate some of Lex's shenanigans. Just like he did with the meeting with Lau in TDK. Turns out Lex's shenanigans involve killing Supes. Reporter Clark Kent is hot on the story as well. Wayne gives Kent an interview.

-Supes and Bats meet and they discover each others identity.
-"I don't like your style." "Well, I don't like yours!"
-They fight
-They realize the true threat Lex and Joker (please be Joker...please be Joker) are up to some real bad stuff!
-Supes and Bats team up to fight the threat
-"Hey I kind of like you." "Hey I kind of like you!"
-"I was trained by a League of Shadows. They sought to destroy civilization."
-"Maybe we could create a League of Justice to save civilization!"
-"You mean a Justice League?" (turn and wink at camera)

This new Batman isn't going to have had any of the experiences you referenced, as he's not going to be the Batman from Nolan's trilogy.

General Zod is revived by Darkseid, and instructed to create the ultimate weapon against Superman and Batman. Zod uses some kryptonite modified in Darkseid's laboratories to revive Bane; it mutates Bane into Doomsday. Batman and Superman must beat Bane and Doomsday.

Dé Dannan;26447133 said:
Zack Snyder said that Batman v Superman will not be based on The Dark Knight Returns, but will be influenced by it.

Superman at the end of Man of Steel has been established as a strong ally of the US government. In DK Returns, this was also the case, and the US government ordered Superman to take down Batman, a rogue vigilante.

So the next film could work with an older and wiser Batman in his 40s, who, thus far has eluded arrest...

I have no idea who the villain will be that causes Batman and Superman to join forces together, but I don't see it being Lex Luthor just yet...

Jon Hamm
76e5146abfdf96e5.jpg

This new Batman isn't going to have had any of the experiences you referenced, as he's not going to be the Batman from Nolan's trilogy.

The Lau thing was just to show that it's in character. That wouldn't actually get referenced. But I see no reason why they could t reference League of Shadows. I'm predicting a "soft reboot" ala James Bond.

I'm predicting a "soft reboot".

Then you are predicting erroneously. This will be a HARD REBOOT just like Batman Begins was, with absolutely no connections whatsoever - implied or otherwise- to Nolan's trilogy and universe.

This isn't my opinion, BTW; it's stated fact straight from the mouths of the people involved in this project.

I think, similar to how TDK had the triangle of Batman, Joker and Dent, MOS will have a triangle of Superman, Lex and Bruce.

I also think that similar to how Batman was not the true main protagonist of TDK, he WILL be the main protagonist of BvS because the movie will be more about how the world reacts to Superman's presence on Earth. And I think Bruce will be cast somewhat in the middle between Lex and Superman because he won't trust either of them, but will also need both of them at various points in the story.

I would like it if this universe's Batman was trained by League of Assassins (not Shadows, maybe the cleverer members of the GA will get it, if not maybe they'll think it's been part of his history all along).

I would like it if this universe's Batman was trained by League of Assassins (not Shadows, maybe the cleverer members of the GA will get it, if not maybe they'll think it's been part of his history all along).

For this universe's batman I think Ra's al Ghul shouldn't be apart of batman's origin unless they introduce Damien early in the series as being conceived during Bruce's training with the league.

Dé Dannan;26447133 said:

Err since when? You can tell at the end of MOS General Swanwick may be on his side but his superiors won't be. They still see him as a threat it's why they were spying on him with a satellite,.

Here's my speculation:

At the end of MOS, civilian reactions to Superman are varied. While many people, most famous among them being Lois Lane of the Daily Planet, are grateful to Superman for preventing the destruction of the Earth, still others are convinced that he is an unpredictable, destructive force that poses a threat to humanity. Though there is pressure from Gen. Swanwick and Northcom to trust the alien, the US Government is still very cautious about their new "ally".

Enter Lex Luthor, president and CEO of LexCorp and leading industrialist. He brings to the Pentagon a proposal: the formation of a think tank bringing together the best military, industrial, and scientific minds to find a solution to the "Superman Problem". The Pentagon agrees, and Project CADMUS is formed. General Swanwick is brought onboard to provide insight on the alien, despite his favor of Superman. Also invited are Silas and Eleanor Stone, representatives from STAR Labs and parents of Victor Stone, and Bruce Wayne, CEO of Wayne Enterprises.

What follows afterward is a pretty simple cycle of Superman does stuff, Bruce dons the cape and cowl and fights him to learn more about his rival, both Clark and Bruce investigate Lex and CADMUS, find that he's into some shady stuff, then team up together to defeat him.

Still trying to figure out how Wonder Woman fits here.

Addendum: Is it bad that I want Lex to extract Kryptonian DNA from Zod's corpse and try to engineer his powers into earth organisms solely so Krypto the Superdog can appear somewhere in this universe?

My shot-in-the-dark:

- Bruce in Metropolis to "help rebuild", looking into the Superman/Alien question moreso as Bruce & not Bats
- Knows early that Clark is Supes; busts out that info out when nobody sees it coming
- Surmises from studying World Engine incident that radioactive pieces of Supes' homeworld would be harmful to him
- Clark interviews Wayne after encountering Bats for 1st time; figures out who Wayne is and we get some good, subtle "I know who you are" banter between them
- Lex recovered Zod's armor from his LexCorp constuction site

the rest...I got nothin' at all.
*Awesome stuff happens in there; WW kicks someone's a$$*

I'm pretty certain now, after Snyder's words in that recent interview, that Batman is going to be the villain for a big chunk of the movie.

I'm pretty certain now, after Snyder's words in that recent interview, that Batman is going to be the villain for a big chunk of the movie.

Yeah,that's interesting. Also i had this idea that Clark and Lois go to Gotham to investigate Batman.

Yeah,that's interesting. Also i had this idea that Clark and Lois go to Gotham to investigate Batman.

...that might work, too, but it would be a balancing act fitting in Gotham as this is a Superman sequel & all that.

The roles should be inverted from those in TDKR comic, Superman is the weird Alien the government isn't so sure about, Batman investigates him. Lex Luthor is one of the heads of the "People vs Superman" campaigns and in the end Superman and Batman have to team-up in order to stop Luthor's schemes, as well the experiments he unleashed on them (Metallo, Parasite, Bizarro, etc)

Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Cyborg
Lois Lane
Lex Luthor
Doomsday: Jason Momoa
Metallo: Callan Mulvey
The Flash
Nightwing
Perry White
Jimmy Olsen
Martha Kent

I think Tao Okamoto will be a traitorous Amazon that allies with Lex Luthor and draws Wonder Woman away from Themyscira. Her character will basically serve as the DCCU's Mercy Graves.

The story will be inspired partly by The Dark Knight Returns, The Death of Superman, and Superman/Batman: The Search for Kryptonite.

Metallo and Cyborg's origins may be tied together.

It may be unlikely for both Metallo and Doomsday to be used. But i think it is likely for one of those characters to be used. if Metallo is used, i think it'll be Mulvey, if Doomsday is used, i think it'll be Momoa.

Holly Hunter could possibly be Leslie Thompkins

I think Tao Okamoto will be a traitorous Amazon that allies with Lex Luthor and draws Wonder Woman away from Themyscira. Her character will basically serve as the DCCU's Mercy Graves.

The story will be inspired partly by The Dark Knight Returns, The Death of Superman, and Superman/Batman: The Search for Kryptonite.

Metallo and Cyborg's origins may be tied together.

It may be unlikely for both Metallo and Doomsday to be used. But i think it is likely for one of those characters to be used. if Metallo is used, i think it'll be Mulvey, if Doomsday is used, i think it'll be Momoa.

Holly Hunter could possibly be Leslie Thompkins

All that bold stuff...I'm digging all that stuff.

Am I the only one who does not want Kryptonite introduced? I don't think it needs to be there. And if it is, I'd like it to be treated as in that it is radioactive and weakens Superman, but does not weaken him much more than bullets or tank blasts weaken the Hulk.

I'd like to see Batman use the Kryptonite and think "Well, he is weak now, that should do it, now I can beat him" and have Superman just be so much faster even weakened that Batman can't do a single thing against him. Or just grabs Batman like he is a rag doll and makes it very clear to him that no matter how skilled, smart, or whether he has Kryptonite or not, that he has absolutely no way in which to stop him. That he just needs to trust him.

Batman would realize that he does need to trust him because if Superman really was someone that couldn't be trusted, Superman would just have grabbed Batman by the throat by the time Batman had blinked. When he would have opened his eyes he would have been dying in space like George Clooney in Gravity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"