BvS Batman Vs Superman: can't we find a better title than that? Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Batman of Steel: Hey Everyone, It's Batman!

Batman and Friend

Batman and That Other Guy

Superman fans are going to lose their **** when Batman gets top billing.

And the opposite would also happen, I'm quite sure some Batfans will go ballistic if Superman gets top billing. One reason why I don't think WB will go with a " S hero vs, B hero" type title at all. The popular favorite here (It certainly gets my vote) "World's Finest," as well as having a long history behind it, solves the top billing problem nicely.

And the opposite would also happen, I'm quite sure some Batfans will go ballistic if Superman gets top billing. One reason why I don't think WB will go with a " S hero vs, B hero" type title at all. The popular favorite here (It certainly gets my vote) "World's Finest," as well as having a long history behind it, solves the top billing problem nicely.

I agree, that's why I was kind of at a loss when Goyer said they were toying with using the "vs" title.

"World's Finest" is a no-brainer.

I honestly think they want to sell the eventual fight between the two, so they're going the "vs" route.

I agree, that's why I was kind of at a loss when Goyer said they were toying with using the "vs" title.

"World's Finest" is a no-brainer.

I honestly think they want to sell the eventual fight between the two, so they're going the "vs" route.

TBH, I hope, if they do indeed fight it will be a small part of the film as this whole "heroes fight at first and then unite to foil the villain" plot is a huge cliché. Marvel especially is guilty of doing this, from Spiderman v. Wolverine, and Hulk v. well, everybody in the Marvel universe, and even in the Avengers movie. I would hope DC movie would be able to come up with something more original than copying Marvel. Besides, "toying" with the Versus title means they might or might not go that way, nothing is written in stone yet. I highly suspect Goyer pulled that title out of thin air for lack of anything concrete to call it.

As a Superman guy, I still think "Batman vs Superman" sounds better than "Superman vs Batman".

---

Regarding the 'vs', I'd be fine as long as it ends with them butting heads, not starting with them butting heads.

If it ends with them working together, I'd rather it be "Batman and Superman"

Superman/Batman: Public Enemies

Public Enemies: Superman/Batman

World's Finest

Superman/Batman: World's Finest

Man of Tomorrow

Last Son

I swear to hell, if they end up calling it Superman VS Batman, I'll freaking boycott.

...OK, no I won't, but I'll want to!

...OK, no I won't, but I'll want to want to!

I can live with AND / & but no Versus / VS.

That would just be awful. If for no other reason than what it implies.

Honestly I was just thinking, couldn't they use Justice League somehow? Maybe Justice League: Origins? Or Justice League: Foundations? Or Justice League Begins?

I know, I know, it's not the league if it's the 2 of them but... if this is designed to lead up to such... I dunno.

No "versus" though. That's all I ask for.

This movie is obviously going to be an epic bromance, so maybe it should take a cue from other classics of the genre.

I Love You, Man (of Steel)

Bats Cassidy and the Sun-Powered Kid

Bruce Wayne's World

Superbat

Bruce's Song

yySI7VM.png

or

KCIOpwf.png

Last edited:
World's Finest : The Bat is due on Crime Alley

Twilight Zoneish.

but i think the best title is World's Finest : Shadow of the Bat or Man of Steel : Shadow of the Bat.

no numbers on the title. I dislike sequel numbers on titles, it feels cheep.

I think the whole purpose of bringing Batman into the film is to try to give it a boost at the BO so, one way or another, I'd expect Batman to be in the title.

The Batman Experience Featuring Superman

Sgt. Gordon's Lonely Superheroes Club Band

Straight Outta Krypton

Last edited:
If they're going with the Frank Miller influence they should call it The Goddamn Batman/Superman movie.

Dr Lex
From Krypton With Love
You Only Fight Twice (if I bring kryptonite the second time)
Superheroes Are Forever
Steele Raker
For Your Mask Only
Never Growl Ever Again
The Living Knightlight
Superman Never Dies
The World Is Not Enough (for the two of us)
Cape Another Day
Crusader Royale
Quantum Of Krypton
Batfall
The Property Of A Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"