BvS Batman Vs Superman: can't we find a better title than that? Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect both Superman and Batman names on the marquee. WB has to milk this for all it's worth. You don't put them together and call it Autumn Frost 2.

Well, to be fair, there WAS going to be a movie called Batman vs. Superman about 10 years ago. Now, WB has learned a few things since then, but unfortunately I do that that title is a possibility.

If the general public doesn't understand the "World's Finest" subtitle they need to catch up with the nerds/geeks/fanboys and figure it out by the end of the movie.

The problem with the title is that it just implies that they'll be fighting each other throughout the whole film, which is what I don't want. This should be a MOS sequel with Batman featuring in it. Also how will Batman have a chance against Supes with no Kryptonite?

The problem I have with "Batman vs Superman" is its so simplistic. It implies the film is just that. A deathmatch which in terms of plot makes it sound about as sophisticated as Freddy vs Jason.

Here is an idea:

Have the Superman/Batman emblems with a subtitle. Dont actually put Superman or Batman in the title. Simply imply that with their overlaid emblems.

*Batman/Superman logos*
World's Finest

Or something of that nature. IMO that's the cleanest and classiest way to go.

I actually hate the Batman vs Superman title, I really hope they get more creative than that.

I agree with each and every one of your points. I hope Batman VS Superman is just a working title they're going with, until the whole thing is done. I mean I envision this DC Cinematic Universe saga to be a grand epic and titles like Batman vs Superman looks like an old school Capcom game. Snyder & Nolan could do better than that.

Here's what WB needs to do. Call it Man of Steel 2: The World's Finest and actually put some EFFORT into advertising and marketing e.g. viral videos like the Zod video or mysterious photographs/other material concerning a Red-Blue Blur, a giant Bat, a Red Flash, something about Ferris Aircraft, life on Mars, Amazon nations and stuff on companies like LuthorCorp/LexCorp or Wayne Industries.

I expect both Superman and Batman names on the marquee. WB has to milk this for all it's worth. You don't put them together and call it Autumn Frost 2.

What about Autumn Frost: Rise of Lex Luthor? :o

If the general public doesn't understand the "World's Finest" subtitle they need to catch up with the nerds/geeks/fanboys and figure it out by the end of the movie.

Yeah that's exactly what the suits at WB are thinking...

Man of Steel Vs The Dark Knight.

or,

Man of Steel Vs Batman

Yeah that's exactly what the suits at WB are thinking...

The point is the movie should prove why Batman and Superman are considered the world's finest.

It benefits Warner Bros if the audience agrees/understands that these characters are the world's finest by the end of the movie.

The subtitle elevates the heroes and status of the franchise. Win-win for WB.

I really Hate the "VS". Its lame and just reminds me of freddy vs jason or predator vs alien. Plus I thought this was supposed to be a sequel for Man of Steel. Why should batman be in the title at all?

It's funny... Batman hasn't been in the title of the last two Batman movies but now his name might be in the title of the next Superman movie. WTF?

I really Hate the "VS". Its lame and just reminds me of freddy vs jason or predator vs alien. Plus I thought this was supposed to be a sequel for Man of Steel. Why should batman be in the title at all?

Superman should get top billing but it'd be stupid not to market it using Batman's name from a business stand point.

It is possible the Batman vs Superman domain that's been registed is for some viral marketing for the when the film everntually goes into production.

Worlds Finest with the Superman/Batman logos would be fine.

Batman/Superman :World's Finest

I imagine the combined symbol logo will act as the "title" whenever it can be used.

It is possible the Batman vs Superman domain that's been registed is for some viral marketing for the when the film everntually goes into production.

It should even be considered a Superman sequel.

Keep WF and MOS2 separate and make double the money.

Durr

Great minds think alike but some people type slightly faster I see. :woot:

I agree "vs" shouldn't be in the title.

It's extremely tacky.

Superman should get top billing but it'd be stupid not to market it using Batman's name from a business stand point.

If this really is a "batman/superman" movie and not MoS 2 (they're still being iffy on that) I think it only makes sense for Batman to get-top billing?

Alphabetically in an OCD sense Batman should come before Superman and business wise it's pretty evident?

"VS" is a huge mistake IMHO. It makes it sound like a silly gimmick movie like Freddy VS Jason and not a serious contender in the war against Marvel to set up Justice League. Sounds more like an animation as well. Creativity and the title needs to sell this movie even FURTHER. It's a big key to the puzzle.

Superman: Gotham's Finest
or
Man of Tomorrow: Gotham's Finest sounds good to me.

It's a toughie, not gonna lie but please......no "VS." I haven't been critical yet of anything. Loved MOS and sing its praises. The "VS" in this title I would NOT like. Gives off an entirely different impression in what I'd like to see.

I say only use Batman in the title if its not a sequel. If it is, Superman or some other alias of his and his only in the title.

SUPERMAN: Damn, Batman has Kryptonite.

Or,

Superman Vs I'm the god d##n Batman.

Seriously, just call it world's finest and be done with it. we all know thats what it is anyway.

Last edited:
I say only use Batman in the title if its not a sequel. If it is, Superman or some other alias of his and his only in the title.

Either way Batman is a much bigger draw than Superman.

Why would they not advertise Batman when the last movie made almost twice as much as MOS worldwide?

Man vs Steel

The Non Christian Bale Batman vs Super CGI

Last edited:
I think Batman may find his name in the title one way or another.

Man Vs Bat

Superman Batman : Cape burden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"