BvS Batman Vs Superman Manips & Art

Status
Not open for further replies.
you_do_care_by_dabroodthompson-d6o2dsk.png

LOL

:lmao::lmao:

Fixed little things to the previous pic and changed the chest symbol..These are my versions, those I'd rather see..Maybe the left one a little bit more..Hope you like it..
168zy4i.jpg

I thought it was confirmed to not be the official logo and was just a placeholder for now?

That was never confirmed, that's what people have been hoping for on the Hype.

Yeah I kinda like it too, it's not as good as the logo on Batman's suit in Batman Begins, but it's better than TDK's

Fixed little things to the previous pic and changed the chest symbol..These are my versions, those I'd rather see..Maybe the left one a little bit more..Hope you like it..
168zy4i.jpg
I definitely like the version with the oval badge. It's been awhile since a live action Batman sported it on film.

I definitely like the version with the oval badge. It's been awhile since a live action Batman sported it on film.
Yeah it's been a while..I love Batman Returns suit, I think that is my ideal iconography of Batman ( thanks even for keaton eyes and "mouth area" :woot:)..But I think a black and grey suit will shine on screen with a big black bat symbol like the one on the right..something new :cwink:

168zy4i.jpg
The one on the right is fantastic. The left reminds me of Keaton too much, and that's not good. It needs to be its own thing or else why bother making a suit or even a reboot. So for me, it's the right pic. The grey and black is the way to go!

That's because the yellow oval is nonsensical in a world where Batman is a mysterious creature of the night. It works in the era of silver age comics and Adam West, but as soon as he went back to his pulp detective roots, the garish design makes no sense at all. Even with the bogus excuse that the bright color draws a criminal's fire to his armored spots. I mean, what does that excuse say about Robin's garish colors?

I would even go as far as saying that it was a major mistake for Burton's films to do it like that, but it makes a lot of sense for the Schumacher films. Ironically though, the Schumacher films were when they started to tone it back, but I think that's just because that when Burton did the movies he did, the comics had the yellow oval, and when Schumacher did his, the comics had moved away from it.

168zy4i.jpg

I DEFINITELY prefer the black symbol. The yellow one says, "Look at me, here I am, shoot me!"

And it looks too much like Burton ;)

The yellow one says, "Look at me, here I am, shoot me!"

From what I've heard and read, I think that was the original intent of that symbol; so that villains would aim for that spot of his costume due it having a protection underneath, whereas the rest of his body didn't have as much.

From what I've heard and read, I think that was the original intent of that symbol; so that villains would aim for that spot of his costume due it having a protection underneath, whereas the rest of his body didn't have as much.
Actually, I'm pretty sure that rationalization came later, from Miller's The Dark Knight Returns, if memory serves. It was an excuse for a silly silver-age costume choice to be used in the "dark and serious" story there. Again though, it raises the question of why Bruce would allow his underage partner (that time an inexperienced young girl) to wear such bright colors as Robin if his own bright colors were intended to draw gunfire to them.

The real reason for the yellow oval is just that they were looking to reinvigorate the Batman brand after a slump in the mid 60s or so. The result was the "New Look" Batman and the coming of the camp. The design stuck around for a few decades before being dropped during the No Man's Land arc, even though Batman had since gone from camp joke to serious antihero. It's popped up a few times since, like the Earth One Elseworlds stuff or Batman Inc., I think, but it's no longer the norm, probably just because Batman is seen as 100% serious in most continuities now and the design doesn't mesh well with that.

That brings up a great point. Function wise, the classic Robin colors don't make a lick of sense. That **** would draw so much attention to Batman and of course Robin. The darker and more subtle the red, the better for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"